News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JBGolightly

JBGolightly Profile Photo
Member Name: JBGolightly
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: kristen saves 'west wing'
 Dec 3 2004, 01:09:07 AM
Okay, I have a question...

What is with all this "pagan" ****? Are you afraid of Pagans or something?

re: Quick Question: Boy From Oz
 Dec 2 2004, 06:50:07 PM
"Quiet Please, There's A Lady On Stage" didn't fade off, it stopped aburptly after Isabel Keating left the stage and Hugh Jackman began to introduce the next scene.
re: Youre A Good Man Charlie Brown Revival
 Dec 2 2004, 06:46:31 PM
I too enjoyed the show, and though it is a popular show with audiences, and based on a topic that everyone loves, let's be honest... how long can a musical based on the peanuts really run?

When I was living in Boston I played Linus in YGMCB and we ran for about four and half months. But towards the end the audoiences started petering out because there are only so many people that will pay the exorbitant price for a theatre ticket to go see a show about a comic strip.

And thoug

re: kristen saves 'west wing'
 Dec 2 2004, 05:40:19 PM
I realize that Kristin was raised in a strict Christian family but is she really an active Republican?

That saddens me somewhat.

re: Dracula's life after life
 Dec 2 2004, 05:29:40 PM
I saw Dracula in both it's pre-Broadway run and it's Broadway performance and though I admit is has gotten less tedious the show still leaves much to be desired. The score (with the exception of Life after Life) is quite forgettable. And though I realize that there is an obvious need for Dracula to fly I feel that they over did it on that effect. After the twentieth time that you see Tom Hewitt fly across the stage in one two hour period it loses it's effectiveness. But if you can, go see it bec
re: homosexuals on broadway
 Dec 2 2004, 12:07:47 PM
In 1919 Bobby Watson portrayed and "effeminate" character in "IRENE"
Danny Kaye, in 1941, played a gay character in "LADY IN THE DARK"
as well as
Ray Bolger in "BY JUPITER" in 1942
And then of course when the seventies came around there were many more openly gay characters (i.e. "COCO", "APPLAUSE", "A CHORUS LINE", etc.)

re: Do Try This at Home
 Dec 1 2004, 04:36:20 AM
Bravo Celeb!

I agree with everything that you said. There is no greater joy than exposing yourself to a new musical. I have a cd collection of well over 300 and everyone is either a cast recording or a solo album by a broadway/west end performer (to tell you the truth I couldn't name a "popular" song if I tried) but anywho.

My favorite musicals come from the era of Rodgers and Hammerstien, Lerner and Lowe and Kander and Ebb and it upsets me to hear someone rave about how much t

re: Chuck Wagner is Van Helsing December 1 BOTH SHOWS
 Dec 1 2004, 03:23:06 AM
I dont think much of the show, but I would marry Mr. Wagner if he asked me, of course we'd both have to become residents of Massachusetts...
re: December 6th – BroadwayWorld Cast Party Night!
 Nov 30 2004, 05:09:40 PM

Sorr

re: whats a good female duet from a broadway musical
 Nov 30 2004, 05:04:24 PM
"I Will Never Leave You" from Side Show
"I Still Believe" from Miss Saigon

re: DESPERATELY NEEDS HELP FROM ALL YOU BROADWAY AND MUSICAL GENIUSES!!
 Nov 30 2004, 04:56:52 PM
Fiddler and Yentl, that's sort of a strange idea. You could do a "Oz Theme" (excuse me all of you who are sick of hearing Oz items). You could do a medley from "Wizard of Oz", "The Wiz", and "Wicked".

Just a thought.

re: What five shows that opened before you were born ...
 Nov 30 2004, 04:54:16 PM
Little Shop with Ellen Greene
Original Man of La Mancha
Gypsy with Angela Lansbury
Little Night Music

re: No Respect For Opinions
 Nov 30 2004, 04:40:59 PM
Plum, good point.

And I realize that everyone, myself included, feels very passionate about their tastes in theatre.

And I apologize to all of the people I apparently upset with this post.

re: Michelle Federer!
 Nov 30 2004, 04:28:10 PM
I too thought that Michelle Federer was amazing. But I have to say that the person who doesn't get enough credit is Carolle Shelley. That woman rocks my world.
re: Hottest MAN on Broadway
 Nov 29 2004, 05:53:11 AM
H U G H J A C K M A N
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You