News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RYANWOODS

RYANWOODS Profile Photo
Member Name: RYANWOODS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: In a Sales Team for a West End Sales Company in London

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Elaine Paige is London's Drowsy Chaperone, per BWW
 Jan 19 2007, 06:57:24 AM
Elaine Paige will be a fab Chaperone. She plays these quirky roles really well.

John Partridge will be Robert
Caroline Sheen will be Kitty
Summer Strallen will be Janet

They want Michael Ball for Aldolpho - but he is contracted into Kismit at the ENO...not sure if he would be right anyway....talks of John Barrowman, but he seems pretty tied up with TV work. Seems the role could another West End name...i guess watch this space!

Bob Martin definatly reprising his

re: Where does HiFi Fall on the Shortest Runs List?
 Dec 13 2006, 07:30:00 AM
Wedding Singer... High Fidelity....Things are not looking promising for Legally Blonde - suprisingly! I think Movie-Musicals era is coming to an end.

Pajama Game
 Dec 10 2006, 07:30:34 PM
How comes it never looked into going to The Imperial - surely it would have been a better option than High Fidelity?!
re: theatre of GREASE?
 Nov 8 2006, 05:43:29 AM
Eugene O'Neil - Hairspray will be around for sometime yet, they are not going to close it before the film comes out and miss what will probably be a massive demand for it again.

What about replacin Beauty and The Beast? Is that still selling well?

re: shows that need revivals
 Nov 8 2006, 05:35:56 AM
West Side Story
Chess
Bye Bye Birdie
Follies
Mame
Sunset Boulevard

Those would be nice to see again and possibly Anything Goes in a few years.

re: What theatre would the grease revival fit in?
 Oct 23 2006, 03:37:09 PM
I forgot about Curtains - I read in Variety that it was going to the Al Hirchsfeld

Grease is opening Summer 2007 is it not? If not Al Hirchsfeld then it could replace Les Mis at The Broadhurst (again, if indeed this is a "limited season") If not could replace Tarzan

re: What theatre would the grease revival fit in?
 Oct 23 2006, 01:14:50 PM
I would like to see The Little Mermaid replace a Disney show - 5 i think is way too many. I think it will replace with Tarzan or Beauty.

Grease will probably replace The Wedding Singer.

I can't see Hairspray closing yet; with the film coming out it could really boost sales

Evita may not go to Broadway - the London production has been getting not so great houses - especially weekdays...if it does go to Broadway it could go to The Palace - I really cannot see Legally Bl

re: Is LITTLE MERMAID still aiming for Broadway in 2007?
 Aug 26 2006, 09:47:14 AM
Little Mermaid did a work shop in London a few months back.

Disney i doubt will run 5 shows on Broadway. Its ok for Cam Mac to run 5 shows because his shows vary from Cats to Miss Saigon to Mary Poppins. Disney are roughly the same sort of shows.

If Little Mermaid opened on Broadway it would probably replace BEauty and The BEast. It could premiere in London first

The Producers...how much longer?
 Aug 22 2006, 05:52:59 AM
Down in the lower parts for Capacity this week again...how much longer do you think the show has left on Broadway?

sorry
 Aug 18 2006, 07:56:34 AM
High Fidelity i think will end up at The Imperial now - i think its a little too big for the show. I agree with Margo; strong reviews and Tonys are needed for this show to be a stayer; its now proving very hard for these type of musicals to stay on Broadway. I think the same for Legally Blonde at The Palace.

I heard Curtains is looking at replacing The Wedding Singer; i think the Wedding Singer may have just enough power to last until the end of the year.

Also heard Evita is l

re: 'We were gonna close, but we changed our minds'
 Aug 18 2006, 07:47:15 AM
Yeah We Will Rock You posted notices for October 7th 2006 but now is booking to October 2007.

The Producers in London has posted notices but has been linked with a possible transfer.

Id imagine Wedding Singer will fold by the end of the year or at the start, hate to say it but i think perhaps, like the jupebox musicals, the era of film-to-stage adaptations are coming to and end, which isnt making me think Legally Blonde will run for a huge amount of time.

I hope DRS st

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/30/2006
 Aug 1 2006, 06:27:54 AM
I cant see Drowsy Chaperone moving and paying the expenses to do so when its surviving well at The Marquis.

The Wedding Singer keeps going lower - im questioning if it may not see out the end of the year? Possibly High Fidelity could go in here? I think the O'Neill will be too small for the show.

DRS i think is fine...i think itll pick up again, the show is reportedly planning a London production next year.

What does everyone think of The Producers? Will it last much l

re: Wedding Singer - Closing or not?
 Jul 28 2006, 09:49:31 AM
DRS is actually quite close to turning a profit - a London company is in the process too.

I loiked wedding singer but i was thought it was never gonna be a long runner - its a show that wares out quickly. The film wasnt exactly a classic so not everyone is going to pay to see it...i fear Legally Blonde will be the same. Perhaps another film-stage show will replace it named High Fidelity?

re: High Fidelity Theater?
 Jul 19 2006, 10:18:54 AM
Imperial?
I thought DRS is still selling well?It plans London next year.

I heard Evita may replace The Wedding Singer or The Producers. Both those theatre could become available in 6-9 months.

re: High Fidelity Theater?
 Jul 17 2006, 10:50:16 AM
O'Neill - surely that will be too small?
re: Pfeiffer closes in on 'Hairspray'
 Jul 17 2006, 10:49:00 AM
With such an all star-cast for the show - surely the stage version will head to London.
re: Is The Palace Starting To Get Jinxed ?
 Jul 17 2006, 10:47:40 AM
Exactly - its just a few bad shows. To be honest ; i cannot see Legally Blonde turning the theatre back to house for long-running shows.
Pajama Game/Mame Info plz!
 Jun 29 2006, 07:29:45 AM
I wanna book ahead before i go to NYC in Nov; when do the tickets come on sale for The Pajama Game; is it still coming back?

Also whats the news on Mame? is it coming in...will be here in Nov if it does??

re: The very PHOTOGENIC cast of London's Ave Q
 Jun 29 2006, 05:30:00 AM
Jon Robyns is the fit one...such a cutie!
re: Pajama Game/Company
 Jun 7 2006, 10:52:55 AM
Seen Mary Poppins 5 times in London now! Love it! But i wanna see shows i wont see in London or cannot currently.

Hairspray is my alltime fav! I love it, and with delays and delays on it opening in London I can only see it when i come to NYC

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You