News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ItsCalledHistory

Member Name: ItsCalledHistory
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Battery's Down Season 2?
 Apr 2 2009, 09:24:41 AM
I'm a Battery's Down virgin and watched the first episode this morning. The best part was the Orfeh/Andy Karl scene where I literally laughed out loud, but other than that I found it just okay. I'll give it a second chance - perhaps I need to watch the first season, although I felt like I got a pretty good overview of what's happening wihtout it.
re: West Bank Cafe Friday Night After Party
 Feb 12 2009, 12:09:31 PM
I do have a nice time when I go there. Can't beat no cover/no minimum.

I will admit I've stopped going as regularly as I once did. The way the evening is normally structured is that the host and servers sing, followed by the special guest, followed by the open mic portion with "regulars" peppered in throughout.

What the regulars (which includes the host and servers) don't do is sing new songs. So if you've been once and someone has sung Taylor the Latte Boy, better believe

re: Discount Codes-9to5 or West Side Story
 Jan 28 2009, 04:02:01 PM
Insider2, you mentioned South Pacific didn't have a discount code - but it did. It was part of Seasons of Savings one year, but not promoted. I remember getting a meager discount during previews.
re: Discount Codes-9to5 or West Side Story
 Jan 28 2009, 03:38:22 PM
$54 preview tickets made sense for Cry-Baby because that was the year the show took place (right?). If 9-5 did that, preview tickets would be $80-something.
re: The After Party?
 Jan 23 2009, 07:00:59 PM
Friday, 1/23: JESSE NAGER & NATALIE DOUGLAS
re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
 Dec 2 2008, 02:46:07 PM
I just clicked on the broadway.com link....the tour is coming to Toronto July 21-26? This makes me really happy! Haven't seen Rent since 1997 when I was borderline obsessed..
I can't wait! Looks fabulous!

The website (www.siteforrent.com) has a slightly different schedule, which I believe is correct - opposed to what the Bway.com link gives. Chicago is two weeks, as is Boston - futher down in the schedule. Atlanta and Toronto are not listed.

re: Rent Being Filmed Tomorrow Night, 8/20
 Aug 19 2008, 04:21:49 PM
I believe it's by invite only - despite what the article says on Playbill "...nine cameras will capture the 8 PM performance of the Tony Award-winning Jonathan Larson musical.", ticketmaster isn't selling tickets to the performance.
re: godspell cancelled
 Aug 14 2008, 02:03:04 PM
You said: "I just saw Telly Leung at Broadway in Bryant Park with RENT. I wonder if he's going back?"

I don't believe Telly ever left RENT. I believe he's always been scheduled to stay up until the end.

re: GYPSY CD COVER ART
 Jul 23 2008, 11:37:39 PM
RE: The size of her name vs. the size of the title...

The title is actually larger. Count the number of lights that go up on the "P" in gyPsy and Patti luPone and you'll see the ones in her name have 8, while the ones in the title have 9. Also... if you measure it, it's also slightly bigger....

Billy Elliot at the Little Shubert Theatre
 Jul 23 2008, 11:16:03 AM
I walked by the stage door of the Little Shubert Theatre and noticed a sign that said "Billy Elliot Stage Door", which leads me to believe that production is rehearsing at that theatre.

This and with the Legallly Blonde reality show having used 37 Arts for their auditions, is this what is in store for these off-broadway theatres now?

I assume, financially, this helps them pay rent instead of taking a gamble on a new piece of theatre (or even a revival).

But The Litt

re: NYCLU Broadway Stands Up For Freedom! 2008
 Jul 22 2008, 09:05:21 AM
Agree... it was a fun night. And great to see the entire company of GODSPELL up there performing. If that song (All Good Gifts) was a teaser of what's to come, Broadway will definitely have a great sounding production of GODSPELL featuring a stunningly beautiful cast.

Other highlights for me were the interperative readings of poems and Todd Buonopane's song (hilarious, but don't remember the title).

re: Alysha Umphress Love Thread
 Jul 14 2008, 02:00:14 PM
Count me in... and I'll definitely be at the Laurie Beechman for her show.

She also makes a strong drink on Friday nights at After Party.

re: Rent Ubuntu AIDS Benefit
 May 16 2008, 07:45:16 AM
Sure enough... video of the cast performing up on YouTube
re: An Open Letter to the Producers of Xanadu Regarding Student Rush
 Apr 30 2008, 10:55:40 AM
Midnight: Thanks for the clarification. So often I read what original posters say and after a long discussion by others on the thread (both pro and con) we never hear from the original poster again.

I also meant to say in my original post that I think that it's great that you went to see A Catered Affair after you couldn't get a student ticket to Xanadu. I don't know your theatre-going habits but I've found that die hard fans of one show (RENT is a perfect example) rarely go out and

Apr 30 2008, 09:23:36 AM
WBAF: Seems as if we're both reading the original post differently. I've re-read it and hope you will too.

The original poster isn't questioning that the rush policy isn't being adhered to, s/he is questioning (A) why the box office will sometimes add additional tickets to the rush allotment and (B) why seats go unsold when there are customers willing to buy tickets - although not at the designated price.

Yes, a consistent rush policy would be nice, but it seems as if it's ne

Apr 30 2008, 07:36:48 AM
It sounds like because you are a fan of this show you feel entitled for the box office to work for you. I applaud you for seeing the show so many times and wanting to keep going back and spending your well earned money. Yes, they should be consistent, but as everyone knows it can be the luck of the draw with which box office personnel you get.

But what happens when they -- or any show -- starts selling all unsold tickets as rush tickets an hour before the show? I'd go to the box offi

re: Your Most Prized Playbills
 Apr 29 2008, 10:30:57 PM
Right now... probably my playbill from BUCK WHITE starring Muhammad Ali (no, I didn't see it). But I have a good 12 or 1300... ask me tomorrow I might have a different favorite.
re: Broadway World Godspell
 Apr 9 2008, 05:05:32 PM
I thought the "ad" we signed up on was the teaser... "before Stephen Schwartz wrote Wicked, he wrote Godspell" along with that same tired logo.
re: Broadway World Godspell
 Apr 9 2008, 04:32:42 PM
I doubt you'll get something sent to you right away. When I signed up it told me that I was registered. We've probably just been added to their email list.
re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
 Mar 27 2008, 10:17:44 AM
Ragtime
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You