News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for krisjoseph

krisjoseph Profile Photo
Member Name: krisjoseph
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.krisjoseph.com/
Profile: A professional actor, theatre producer, and all-around geek who stays in Canada because he's not nearly good enough to make it to Broadway. Also the DJ for Broadwayworld Radio!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BBW Radio
 Jan 4 2006, 09:48:08 AM
It's being worked on, folks. Linda Eder is so hot that she overheated the CPU on the server, and all attempts to revive the server in order to air Linda Eder have resulted in the server getting overheated again. It's a truly bizarre and dark situation, worthy of the incendiary talents of Ms. Eder. However, drastic measures are being taken and we have no reason to believe that Ms. Eder should not be on time for her appearance tonight.

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks. Think back on

re: Producers soundtrack
 Nov 17 2005, 12:22:09 PM
The recording has also been in rotation on BroadwayWorld Radio for a few weeks, now -- you can always here it there :)
re: BWW Radio
 Nov 17 2005, 11:47:34 AM
Good news, folks. I've just finished testing and implementing a tweaked method of accessing the station. When you click a "listen" link you'll now have a few different listening options to choose from - you're not stuck with Windows Media Player any more, if it's been giving you trouble.

You should also know that the station has been becoming so popular that we are occasionally hitting our maximum number of listeners... we're adding extra capacity, and it should be available in the ne

Could Mame work as a play?
 Oct 15 2005, 06:29:24 PM
Well, could it?
re: Radio
 Oct 14 2005, 01:49:49 PM
There have been some changes to the station this week (I am sooo SNEAKY!) but the changes have been "under the hood"... the methods for tuning in, etc., are NOT different. I am always looking for ways to make tuning in easier, as I know there are still some problems with Windows Media Player, in particular, but the problems are HARD to nail down.

The "Help" page, which provides several other ways of tuning in, is still accurate. Almost everybody can get the station using at least one of the methods outlined there. Personally, I listen using JETAUDIO software because the stream sounds awesome. See: http://www.theinstitution.ca/radio/helptuning.html

The "how to request songs" info is a bit out of date but I'll update it this weekend. Hopefully y'all have noticed that requesting songs is easier; plus, the player window will tell you when requests are being played. Plus, the volume on the station has been normalized, so there is no more "loud song then quiet song then LOUD SONG" problem.

re: Question about writing a play.
 Oct 11 2005, 03:44:39 PM
No, you don't need their permission, and you don't have to tell them what you're doing. Writers the world over base characters on people they know. Sometimes a characters is a combination of several real-life people; sometimes a character starts as a real-life person and then develops into something completely different.

If you're writing what will ultimately be thought of as fiction, you'll find that you have to change "real" events, people, and paces to make them better suit the m

re: Just a Housewife
 Aug 21 2005, 01:35:27 AM
Amen... Craig "Sweet Smell of Success" Carnelia.

I'm a sucker for "Fathers & Sons", also from "Working" ... but "Just a Housewife" is truly a classic.

re: Taboo OCR~ Opinions please
 Aug 21 2005, 01:32:40 AM
Since you mentioned Raul, I assume you're asking about the O*B*CR, since the OCR is technically the London cast recording. I think both are excellent, but I have a soft spot for the magic John McDaniel managed to work with the arrangements on the Broadway Cast Recording. I think you'd be hard-pressed to pick a better choice for the best original score of the 03-04 Broadway season, and I'm sure you'll come away from your first listen hoping that Boy George continues to write for the theatre: he
re: magic feet in spelling bee
 Jun 7 2005, 10:19:36 PM
Please don't bump a request to steal music.
re: Trouble with BroadwayWorld Radio?
 Jun 6 2005, 03:51:55 PM
The Wicked broadcast will be on again tonight, 7 PM, for those who missed it yesterday due to *my* programming glitch. I assumed that I had yesterday's broadcast all set to go, and I didn't.

There seem to be three things occuring on this thread:
(1) problems tuning into the station
(2) the Altar Boyz broadcast yesterday
(3) accessing past Chatterbox shows

So here goes:

Re (1) -- Use the link at the end of this post to get help with tuning in to the broadcast (this page is also linked from the main radio page). There are some browser-compatability issues that we are continually working on, but there are several alternate ways to tune into the station. Not all of the tuning methods are ideal, but at least one of them WILL work for you. Promise. One of the BIG problems I have is that everybody wants to tell me they can't tune in (some people even make blunt statements about how bad their FREE radio station is), but few people take the time to give me the DETAILED technical information I need to troubleshoot these kinds of problems for the benefit of everyone. If you are having ongoing issues AFTER looking at the "help" page AND don't mind having me work with you on them, I can always be reached at kris@zucchini.com

Personally, I *love* using the free jetAudio player, available from http://jetaudio.com -- not only does the station sound fantastic, but the player also opens a viewing window that lets you see all the current song information.

Re (2) -- I'm sorry; see above and tune in tonight at 7 for your Wicked fix. Consider, too, supporting Seth's amazing charitable efforts by purchasing a copy of the video of the show from his site when it becomes available at http://www.sethsbroadwaychatterbox.com

Then you'll be able to hear AND see it whenever you want, and you'll feel good knowing you're also supporting an important charity.

Re (3) -- I don't know where the "past shows" links are that you're talking about. We archive Jim Caruso's excellent shows here on BroadwayWorld, but not Seth's shows. That's because you can order videos of Seth's shows at HIS site, where all the proceeds go to Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS -- we want to support that cause as much as possible.

re: Best opening notes
 May 30 2005, 01:27:54 PM
I actually like the opening phrases of "Caroline, or Change".
re: Mystery Musicals
 May 29 2005, 12:41:04 PM
Lucky Stiff, No Way To Treat A Lady...
re: I got my Spelling Bee CD!!!!
 May 27 2005, 03:20:09 PM
You can get a preview of the CD on BroadwayWorld Radio -- it's in heavy rotation

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood DJ

re: Broadway Magazines...
 May 26 2005, 08:58:18 PM
Show People is really the only one I know of. It's quite good but it only gets published quarterly.
re: Laramie project
 May 23 2005, 07:04:08 PM

1) The Laramie Project's content is drawn almost entirely from interviews with real people. It is composed almost entirely of monologues. The play is presented pseudo-documentary-style, so IMHO the key to making it work is finding versatile actors who can give voice to the people of Laramie in the most natural, effortless manner possible. For the audition, I would work with something contemporary... Chekhov doesn't fit that bill. You might look at material from other plays that Moise

re: Lord of the Rings Musical
 May 22 2005, 01:33:45 PM
It's not opening until Spring 2006. See lotr.com for more info.
re: Radio
 May 21 2005, 07:08:20 PM
Thanks for fielding that one for me, Zack :)

I've heard of a few problems with people connecting since the switchover... which is *weird* since I'm still using the same player in the player window, etc. I would suggest clearing your web browser cache and trying again. You might have tried to tune in on Friday when I was still tinkering with settings.

If you're keen to try something new, I'm a huge fan of the jetAudio player, which you can get from jetAudio.com. It supports m

re: Bright Lights, Big City...DAMN!
 May 19 2005, 09:43:36 PM
Don't forget Sherie Rene Scott. She's on ALL the Sh-K-Boom albums. You'd think she married the guy that runs the label, or something.

re: Bright Lights, Big City...DAMN!
 May 19 2005, 10:46:45 AM
I have to admit that I'm actually quite taken with the recording, myself. I can't imagine wanting to se it STAGED, but I'm really glad the studio recording happened because the music makes it well-worth the effort. The recording is in rotation on Broadwayworld Radio, if you'd like to hear it :)
re: Lord of the Rings the Musical
 Mar 23 2005, 03:55:43 PM
The cast will be predominantly Canadian, and the first open call is in Vancouver on April 2nd. The casting notice reads:

"Ground-breaking theatrical epic, seeking a unique combination of performers with diverse skills and disciplines including experienced classical actors, physical theatre and circus performers (stiltwalkers, acrobats, clowning, gymnastics, parkour) and strong singers with classical, folk or ethnic vocal styles.
AGE RANGE: 18 and up.
MEN: under 5'7" or 5'11" and up. WOMEN: of any height."

Stephanie Gorin is doing the casting. If you'd like to submit your résumé, you'll find the address at: http://www.onstagenow.com/Auditions/

...stay tuned there, too, for information on other open calls, which are happening in April in Toronto and Montreal.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You