News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for actor24601

Member Name: actor24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim and Lady Gaga
 Mar 15 2015, 01:07:43 AM
That's great!
Sondheim and Lady Gaga
 Mar 14 2015, 11:57:50 PM
""deep and complex"

Well, maybe one but not the other."

Are you very familiar with her work? This is coming from someone who has followed her career closely for 6 years and knows each of her songs from her 4 albums by heart aswell as her countless unreleased music.

On the surface a lot of Gaga's music can come across as simple catchy pop songs to someone who has only heard her hits on the radio. If you read the lyrics she has wrote they are incredibly emotional, powe

the FAQs need to be laid out better, or categorized.
 Mar 14 2015, 10:12:06 PM
How do I quote a post?
Sondheim and Lady Gaga
 Mar 14 2015, 09:47:23 PM
"I don't disagree with what he says but given the fact that Gaga's work has mostly been delightfully stupid pop songs, I really enjoyed the heck out of her Oscars performance."

You obviously know nothing of Gaga or her work. Her music is very well written, deep and complex. And do not quote me with lyrics from Just Dance to try to dispute me, her hit singles (especially her earlier ones) do not represent her overall music/message/performance art.

Sondheim and Lady Gaga
 Mar 14 2015, 01:22:31 PM
I love Sondheim, he is my favourite Musical Theatre composer, but he can kiss my ass when it comes to this. He is coming across as a very bitter, old snob.

Gaga wasn't performing in The Sound of Music on Broadway, she was singing a tribute medley and an awards show.

He obviously has a prejudice against contemporary pop music but, to quote Gaga herself, 'Pop music will never be low-brow'.

How about praising the fact that she is bringing some theatricality and old-scho

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You