News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wesman702

Member Name: Wesman702
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

show of titles- don't miss it
 Jun 18 2021, 08:42:13 PM

Her rendition of "Whistle" was both poignant and funny- loved her gesture when she sang "can slay a dragon any old week, easy"... I thought Darren Criss's "Fade Out-Fade In" was a surprise highlight, wasn't really familiar with the song--but he was so winning and boy can he strum a guitar to great effect.  I saw the show again on Wednesday and was truly impressed by Jake Gyllenhaal's "Camelot".   

show of titles- don't miss it
 Jun 14 2021, 09:25:32 PM

Annaleigh Ashford should play Adelaide opposite David Alan Grier and Norm Lewis in "Guys and Dolls"...she is pure enchantment.  For me, highlights were Jake Gyllenhaal doing King Arthur so beautifully, Jessie Mueller singing "On a Clear Day" (one of the truly great title songs in the show), Isabelle Huppert so surprising-- she can sing-- and so wonderfully infectious doing "Can-Can" and Patti LuPone starting off the show with a great "Anything Goes"

Shows We're Still Waiting for Return News
 May 18 2021, 04:40:36 PM

Any word on "The Minutes"?

Tonys vs. Oscars
 Apr 27 2021, 05:48:48 PM

Have always enjoyed the Tony Awards...but when are they going to air and will there be any interest. These aren't really the 2020 awards...they should call it the 2019 Second Half of the Years Awards.  most of the productions began their life in the late summer/ fall of 2019. .  The delay in announcing the awards is confusing...weren't all the voters requested to have their ballots in by March 15?  It's almost May....

Encores Will Present INTO THE WOODS
 Apr 23 2021, 10:47:52 PM

NameGreg...I love your casting suggestion.  This Encores could turn into their biggest success since "Sunday in the Park..."

Waitress UK tour cast!
 Apr 23 2021, 10:45:36 PM

It may be overly optimistic but it's also encouraging.  

2021 now looking bleak for potential U.S. theater reopening
 Oct 29 2020, 08:46:50 PM
Wish I could be more optimistic about the return of Broadway but will audiences accept the various protocols , the very limited restroom facilities at many of the theatre, the lack of social distancing on very crowded 44th and 45th Street, the waiting on lines to come into theatres when you're atop one another, the possible necessity of temperature checks (and how will refunds be handled if you've bought a ticket and for whatever reason you have a slight cold and fail the check) and how many peo
Spotlight On Plays returns 10/14 with Patti LuPone, Morgan Freeman, Laurie Metcalf, Laura Linney & More
 Oct 8 2020, 12:40:51 AM
Even a little bit of the wit and intelligence of "The Best Man" will be welcome in this campaign season. Love the cast- Malkovich, Freeman, Rashad, Quinto, Broderick...wonder who Stacy Keach and Reed Birney are playing. And I think Vanessa Williams should be wonderful in this. It's too bad Gore Vidal didn't write more plays-- wish I could have seen "An Evening With Richard Nixon", a play which didn't have a long life at the Shubert Theatre in the 70's.
I happen to think the slate of play

MUSIC MAN IN LAB
 Sep 23 2020, 10:54:19 PM
Certainly news to brighten up the day. And the marquee is also up at the Winter Garden. I hope to get tickets for a preview in April, though several friends say that it won't happen until next fall!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You