News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 24601

24601 Profile Photo
Member Name: 24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Kennedy Center's 2013-2014 Season includes new 'Side Show'
 Mar 28 2013, 09:16:17 AM
I will admit that I am a tough critic, but went into the show without any knowledge of what I would be seeing. It was one of those days at TKTS in Times Square where the performers themselves were out advertising the show and discount tickets were being sold at their own box office. I not only loved the show in terms of the characters, story, mix of choreography and music, but I found the score to be actually memorable days after I had left the theater. There are some beautiful ballads and some
Evita
 Mar 13 2012, 12:44:36 PM
^
"I don't necessarily think its a bad thing for audiences to come away being polarized or divided by the performance of the actress playing Eva, as in a way, that is precisely what the authors are trying to say about the odyssey of the real woman."

Wow, wonderfully put!

I had the great fortune of seeing Bertilla Baker as Eva in a south Florida production (just a year or two before she stepped into Tommy on Broadway) and was fairly blown away by her vocals and performa

ROUNDABOUT to revive MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD
 Dec 16 2011, 03:20:11 PM
Hmmm, having seen Betty Buckley and then Paige O'Hara (I *think*) in the roles of Drood on Bway and then touring, I immediately think of Stephanie Block, Julia Murney and Leslie Kritzer as possibilities. And Patti as Puffer? Fabulous! And Jill Paice as Rosa sounded fun!

What about the guys? I saw Howard McGillin (didn't I?) as Ned...Matt Cavenaugh?

1961 Camelot, why no Tony's???
 Nov 13 2011, 05:28:19 PM
hmm, yes, I suspected that...but still...no nom for musical?
1961 Camelot, why no Tony's???
 Nov 13 2011, 05:19:12 PM
I was floored to learn that not only was it not nominated for score but it wasn't nominated for Best Musical (despite 3 creative wins and a win for Burton)...any thoughts why?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You