News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jman16

Member Name: jman16
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa
 Jan 24 2024, 09:57:34 PM

Nicole has been announced as a headliner at a music festival in the UK this Summer.

https://henley-festival.co.uk/artist/nicole-scherzinger/

Her biog confirms it's going to the St James. 

"Due to the huge success of this show in London, Nicole has been asked to continue her role as Norma Desmond in Broadway in the fall 2024 at the iconic St James Theatre."

Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
 Dec 20 2016, 04:52:39 PM

SweetLips said: "If the London version was so bad, and it ran to good houses for 2 years, doesn't it insult the English audience by saying we are now going to Broadway and need to re-do it?

Why wasn't the 're-doing' done in previews in London if the faults were so obvious.

"

It will have been running for almost 4 years when it closes next month! 

Cats Previews
 Jul 22 2016, 11:42:11 AM

metropolis10111 said: "When this opens ALW will once again have 3 shows running in both the West End and Broadway. I must say that is quite an accomplishment. Love him or not, the man is a showman 

"

He only has 2 in the West End? 

What theatre will
 Jul 9 2016, 07:15:24 AM

It's a beautiful show and in London it is in the perfect theatre for it. The foyer of the Palace, with it's stunning sweeping staircases actually looks likes Hogwarts! 

Physically, it is a big show too. I imagine this will transfer pretty soon. Within the next year or two! 

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 May 18 2016, 03:06:59 PM

Hey guys, really naive question. I'm visiting NY in June and all other outlets are extortionately expensive. How does the lottery work these days? Is it still online of in person? I'm still seeing videos of massive queues outside the theatre but heard they did online lotteries for a while? 

Charlie to the Lunt-Fontanne
 May 9 2016, 01:09:40 PM

Tag, the above elevator is no longer being used. Theres a new one that just goes up and down. 

Hamilton OBC
 Mar 13 2016, 05:23:33 PM

Dave13 said: "gypsy101 said: "Groff has said previously his contract is up in July

"

Dumb question.  Previews started July 13th and opening night was August 7.  

I assume contracts run from the first day of previews. Any chance the contracts start on opening night? 

Why so many limited runs in London?
 Feb 15 2016, 06:12:11 AM

Wilmingtom said: "It may be because theater is government subsidized and they don't need to rely on long runs to pay their investors back.

Not strictly speaking true. Plays have limited runs, as they do on Broadway. Musicals tend to be open-ended. 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Feb 12 2016, 10:15:16 AM

Is Groff really only onstage for those 3 moments? 

Andrew Rannells Joining Hamilton
 Oct 8 2015, 06:38:04 PM

Which 1-2 minute sequence is King George in during Act 2? 

Bierko out of Matilda....for now.
 Oct 11 2013, 03:50:19 AM
Can we start talking replacements yet? Or do we think Chris will take over full-time?

I'd love to see what Christopher Sieber or Michael Cerveris could do with the Trunchbull.

The Light Princess
 Oct 11 2013, 03:47:26 AM
And that is Frapperia's opinion. Allow me to rephrase that; I was disappointed. An incredibly talented creative team, combined with a ludicrously talented cast, I was disappointed it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.
The Light Princess
 Oct 10 2013, 04:33:56 AM
No, pretty accurate actually. A real disappointment. Such a lot of talent and effort has clearly gone into the show, but theres just something missing. Rosalie is phenomenal, yes, but the music is dull, set and costumes look cheap and the story is lacklustre. Especially odd that people have compared it to Wicked. I wish the National would do more musicals, but not like this.
The Official TONY Awards Thread
 Jun 10 2013, 10:54:10 AM
Ooooh controversy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2338861/Neil-Patrick-Harris-drops-N-word-performs-musical-number-Mike-Tyson-Tony-Awards.html

Opening Number
 Jun 10 2013, 07:25:38 AM
I know there's a whole "code of magic" thing that normally surrounds these things, but how did NPH get from onstage to the back of the auditorium so quickly?
Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
 May 28 2013, 09:58:45 AM
Following on their first listens for other cast recordings such as Annie, Cinderella and Kinky Boots. EW have just posted a first listen to the new cast recording of Pippin.

Sounds incredible!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/28/pippin-broadway-cast-album-exclusive/

Newsies Cast Changes
 Dec 30 2012, 04:17:44 PM
Hogan is going in to play Romeo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Andy Richardson is playing Romeo. I assume he's now leaving.

Gutted I missed Thayne in the show, I'll have to catch him in Matilda!

CHAPLIN OBCR to be released January 8th, 2013
 Dec 8 2012, 12:13:16 PM
I downloaded the cast recording this afternoon, having not seen the show or knowing much about it.

Absolutely love it. I know people have been saying the show itself isn't very good, but the score sounds tremendous and the cast sound wonderful.

It's unfortunate that I'm probably not going to be able to see the show before it's untimely closure, but I'm glad the show will be preserved on CD!

Chaplin is on itunes now
 Dec 4 2012, 03:32:57 PM
So annoying that this seems to be on neither amazon.co.uk or iTunes here in the UK. Nor, Leap of Faith for that matter. Very annoying, and rather surprising as I'm sure they're missing out on custom!
Cabaret with Will Young and Michelle Ryan in London
 Nov 9 2012, 04:51:58 PM
Partially? No, he's fully nude.

I seem to remember some topless girls wondering around backstage at the Kit Kat Klub at one point.

Also the finale features some rather poignant, and tasteful nudes!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You