News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Karlo

Member Name: Karlo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Billy?
 Mar 15 2006, 03:10:26 PM
That would be fun to see. I don't think I'm going to get out there to see my third show until maybe June or July.

Good to hear that Colin did well in his debut. And I certainly hope to hear reports of the possible "hoopla" of the anniversary show!

Anyone heard any more news about the Toronto/US run being planned? Very anxious for that to happen smoothly!

k

Hello, welcome, and Colin
 Mar 13 2006, 10:21:49 AM
Welcome to the group, feel free to add to the discussion!

I hope we get a report on Colin's first night from those that are going to see!

I also hope others have been reading the last few replies and are formulating responsis to the amazing popularity of Billy Elliot the Musical - I'm interested to see how broad the appeal actually is.

Speak up!

Why Billy?
 Mar 9 2006, 10:53:28 AM
I understand and agree with much of the above evaluation - but there are other reasons I think. Billy Elliot the film and the musical reach us on another level as well. It is a bold and beautiful statement of individuality over conformism - dreams over expectation and peer pressure - the truth of the self over tradition. For someone like me who is involved in a form of the arts, and never having been introduced to theater and dance until I was well into my twenties (having grown up mostly in
valentines day
 Feb 15 2006, 09:47:25 AM
Spending a bunch of dollars to go see it again is already in the back of my head (though my wallet is crying foul!). I feel fortunate to have seen Tim Healy twice, and look forward to seeing Mr. Whitchurch and his interpretation. That actually is one of the things that I like most about the construction of the musical - it is strong enough to accomodate almost any change that can be made in the cast, not just the youngsters, but broad enough that each new actor can bring a bit of themselves in
valentines day
 Feb 14 2006, 01:23:00 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this - but it's the best I could find right now, and at least it seem's I'll have a receptive audience. I only hope that I can convince one, just one person who was in doubt, to go see this amazing production.

I live in Boston, MA and was excited to see that a great movie was being made into a stage presentation by the same creative team. The adition of Elton John added more excitement. I was fortunate enough amass a group of six friends

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You