News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nshreeve

nshreeve Profile Photo
Member Name: nshreeve
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.schmuckstheatrecompany.co.uk
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Laura Michelle Kelly in Mary Poppins
 Mar 16 2010, 09:32:08 PM
How long is LMK contracted in Mary Poppins for?
re: Seussical
 Nov 20 2008, 03:10:41 PM
I prefer the Broadway staging. I felt that the additional sublot of the Boy/Jojo character of the tour completely over-complicated what was already a complex plot. I think the music makes the show, which is why its appeal is so strong.
Seussical the Musical - Help!
 Jun 28 2008, 04:51:22 PM
Hello!
I'm involved in a production of Seussical at my school in the UK next spring, and we need a set of band parts as so the orchestra can rehearse properly - Josef Weinberger won't release them until a month beforehand unless we want to pay some extortionate amount per week to have them for longer. Does anybody know where I could find a set, either digitally or in a library or something?

First Wives Club - The Musical
 Jun 8 2008, 04:14:36 PM
I've heard that this is heading to Broadway at some point - I think that if it is handled properly it will work really well. However, hearing that Francesco Zambello was directing, I was a tad concerned - I would have thought this was Jerry Mitchell or Jack O'Brien material.... The original film is set to have a sequel at some point - Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler and Diane Keaton all want to return to their characters. What would you rather see? A Sequel or a Musical? Considering all the women have
re: Most Powerful Broadway Love Song
 May 16 2008, 06:02:53 PM
You and I - Chess
Anthem - Chess (kinda a love song)

re: A DISNEY MUSICAL I WOULE LIKE TO SEE ON BROADWAY
 Jan 26 2008, 10:10:47 AM
Aladdin would make a really good show if it was in the right hands. The entire theatre could become Agrabah withthe box seats having those canvas canopies over them etc. Hocus Pocus would be great too, but it would need a drastic rewrite to make it work on stage. My favourite is Bedknobs though - Mary Poppins has been so well received, I think Bedknobs would be fantastic on stage, although, as with Aladdin, it would HAVE to be in the right hands. The problem with Little Mermaid and Tarzan is tha
Little Mermaid Companion Book
 Jan 25 2008, 04:02:18 PM
Does anyone know if a Companion/Coffee Table book is going to be published for "The Little Mermaid"? I know that every other Disney produced show has had one, so I was wondering.
re: Broadway and West End Souvenir Brochures
 Jan 25 2008, 03:05:14 PM
eBays not much cop I'm afraid - I've tried, repeatedly
re: Beauty and the Beast Merchandise
 Jan 25 2008, 03:03:37 PM
I've tried Broadway New York and Playbillstore, but neither ship to the UK!
Broadway and West End Souvenir Brochures
 Jan 25 2008, 09:25:08 AM
I am a collector of Programmes(Playbills) and Souvenir Brochures living in the Uk, and am looking for editions from Special occasions, such as opening nights, closing nights, gala performances etc. In particular I am looking for stuff from Phantom, Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Cats, and any Disney show. If anyone can help me, please PM me!
Beauty and the Beast Merchandise
 Jan 25 2008, 09:22:08 AM
I was wondering which company printed the Souvenir Brochures for Disney's Beauty and the Beast, especially the most recent copies? I Live in the Uk, and am desperate for a copy!
re: Ursula - The Little Mermaid
 Feb 20 2007, 03:18:15 PM
Yes I know re the character change, but surely they can use another actress?......... After all, Vanessa doesnt really say much, and in the film, you NEVER see the change. She just appears, wearing the necklace.
Ursula - The Little Mermaid
 Feb 20 2007, 06:03:18 AM
KEEP HER FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think someone like Jenny Galloway (who is NOT fat, but nicely plump) would be so good in this role. If not, bring on Harvey Fierstein!!!!!!!!!

re: And Ursula in THE LITTLE MERMAID is...
 Feb 7 2007, 03:51:15 PM
Kathleen Turner 4 Ursula!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or Kathy Najimy

Sound of Music and Connie Fansite
 Nov 21 2006, 04:52:47 PM
Please have a look - tell me what you think!!!

http://nshreeve.tripod.com

Cheers

re: Lisa Kudrow is Mrs. Lovett according to imdb
 Nov 19 2006, 01:52:31 PM
I personally would be very happy to see LK play Mrs Lovett. Tim Burton relies to heavily upon Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, and I think that LK would bring a twist to the role and make it her own. If she can sing, I think she would be fantastic in the role - she would play the wryness in Mrs Lovett excellently. If people cant see outside of the "Phoebe" box, then they need to wake up.

LK FOR LOVETT!!!

re: Sound of Music Instrumentation?
 Nov 17 2006, 04:56:13 PM
from what I've seen and heard, the orchestrations are gorgeous for this show. Andrew Lloyd Webber is good at stuff like that!!
re: sweeney todd movie
 Nov 15 2006, 05:13:09 PM
The film will, of course, star the wonderful Swedish Chef as the Demin Barber - Swedish Serial Killer AND singing pies? Can you really go wrong?
re: WHAT TO SEE IN LONDON
 Nov 14 2006, 03:08:26 PM
BILLY ELLIOT
SOUND OF MUSIC
MARY POPPINS - CANT BEAT THE LONDON PRODUCTION

re: Companion Books e.g The Grimmerie, the Avenue Q Book etc
 Nov 14 2006, 02:08:54 PM
The Mary Poppins Book was due June 2005. They keep on pushing back the publication date, so dont count on it being released any time in the future. I found that there is to be a Tarzan book. THey should really do one for Spamalot though.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You