News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybaby4423

Member Name: broadwaybaby4423
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Feb 11 2022, 03:22:18 PM

I saw the production on Wednesday night and I think Jesse Green's review was spot on. He nailed it when he called the show flat. In my opinion it's as flat as the barn wall they're performing it in front of. I think overall he did a great job explaining where this production went wrong. The creators did not trust the material. In my opinion the scandal with Rudin frightened the creative team and they tried to water down the production as much as possible to avoid any further contr

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Feb 10 2022, 12:49:16 PM

willep said: "I also just want to say that I disagree with broadwaybaby about Iowa Stubborn being a big miss. I thought it perfectly told us everything we needed to know about those characters and the town. It sets up how stiff and uppity they are and helps show how much they change when Hill comes to town. It made complete sense to me."

I thought it lacked energy and comedy. Which could partly be blamed on music direction, but the night I saw it nearly

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Feb 10 2022, 02:45:46 AM

I have to be honest I was quite disappointed by this show. I am a huge Music Man fan and I felt like this production failed to understand what made the original show so dynamic. The ensemble and supporting cast were really flat (Iowa Stubborn is a big miss) and I agree with other commenters here that the dancing is extremely underwhelming. They slowed the tempo of nearly every song from the OBC and you can feel it. The choreography is weirdly stilted and the big numbers like 76 Trombones and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You