News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Glinda2

Glinda2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Glinda2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CHESS AT KENNEDY CTR
 Feb 13 2018, 07:00:32 AM
Thank you Esther. Much appreciated.
CHESS AT KENNEDY CTR
 Feb 13 2018, 06:58:59 AM
I think Esther has it correct.
CHESS AT KENNEDY CTR
 Feb 12 2018, 05:01:31 PM

Trying to plan stage dooring strategy for Chess at Kennedy Ctr.  One person told me "You never know where they'll come out."  Another person told me "It's outside to the left and they'll come out."  Any advice?  Would love to compliment the cast after the show.

Paolo Szot in South Pacific
 Aug 8 2008, 08:20:09 PM
I know that Paolo is leaving South Pacific in November. Does anyone know if someone has been chosen yet to do the role? Any speculations? I haven't seen the required casting notice yet, but then again, I did skip checking the Equity auditions for a couple of weeks this summer (bad me).
re: Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia Movie
 Jul 23 2008, 10:47:50 AM
Anyone who thinks he was off-pitch can't hear and is looking for mistakes. He was totally on pitch. At any rate, I started this thread and I have to tell you, it's great to debate. That's what it's all about, isn't it? (I was very surprised to learn that Christopher Plummer was dubbed, because his singing sounds very much like his speaking voice, as opposed to Audrey Hepburn/Marni Nixon.) As far as musicals go, there will never be a right answer to all of this. Can you imagine if someone h
Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia Movie
 Jul 22 2008, 03:09:31 PM
I would just like to say a word in defense of Pierce Brosnan's work in the Mama Mia movie. He's received a lot of negative criticism for his raspy singing voice. Critics have been mentioning that moviegoers are laughing when he starts to sing. First of all, he's not a singer...He's an actor who sings. He is on pitch. His voice is no worse than Eric Clapton's, who is one of music's biggest stars. I think he does a great job in that movie. I also wonder whether moviegoers are actually laugh
re: Hadary to join 'Spamalot' tour
 Jul 7 2008, 12:05:48 PM
With all due respect to "Spamalot," which has had a great run, I would hope Gary Beach could do better when he gets back to Broadway. He deserves a lead in an original musical, not something that will be ready to close in 6 months. I'm not counting "La Cage...," in which he was fantastic. It was a revival caught in the middle of all sorts of production politics. It's time that Gary, one of Broadway's most talented artists and a true gentleman, is recognized in a BIG way. I don't even think he
re: Going To The Theatre Alone
 Apr 24 2007, 03:44:16 PM
Let's all agree to go to a show alone on the same day, and then meet at a bar afterward. Then we can guess who we are. I'll bring my wand.
re: Going To The Theatre Alone
 Apr 24 2007, 03:36:04 PM
I have no problem going to the theatre alone. However, I prefer to go with someone because the experience isn't complete unless dinner & discussion take place. Of course, you can always go hang out at a theatre bar, but that's not so great alone either.
re: Lincoln Center Library Help
 Jan 31 2007, 11:04:05 AM
I assume you want to see a video of a Broadway show. The last time I did this (a couple of years ago), the Library told me that I needed a valid reason to view the video, and a union card helps (but I don't think it's essential). Just say you're mounting a production of it somewhere and it'll be fine. In some cases, you need permission from someone to view it. I had problems because I wanted to see a Neil Simon show on tape, and they ask you to get permission from his representative.
 Jan 31 2007, 11:03:54 AM
I assume you want to see a video of a Broadway show. The last time I did this (a couple of years ago), the Library told me that I needed a valid reason to view the video, and a union card helps (but I don't think it's essential). Just say you're mounting a production of it somewhere and it'll be fine. In some cases, you need permission from someone to view it. I had problems because I wanted to see a Neil Simon show on tape, and they ask you to get permission from his representative.
 Jan 31 2007, 11:03:41 AM
re: Why the heck is Roger Bart leaving the Producers this weekend?
 Jan 18 2007, 01:06:05 PM
It must be difficult to turn down an offer to come back to a show when you're between jobs. After all, we have to put food on the table, don't we?
URGENT!!!!!!!
 Dec 21 2006, 03:16:44 PM
I was in the mezzanine/balcony for another show at that theatre. This is an old theatre, and (in spite of it being re-built) it has the tiniest seats with the smallest spaces between rows of any theatre. Also, the seats were not built so that you could see in-between heads in front of you. Very poorly built. If I were you, I'd try to sit in the orchestra on an aisle seat. It's torture to pay good money and then (1) not be able to see and (2) be uncomfortable.
re: Shocking TKTS Offerings During the HOLIDAY Season!!
 Dec 21 2006, 03:13:08 PM
I had really wanted to see Spamalot, but then I listened to the cast recording.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You