News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bbonstage

bbonstage Profile Photo
Member Name: bbonstage
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: West Side Story revival casting?
 Sep 26 2008, 12:21:52 AM
Just that they are having an audition next week in NY and had an audition yesterday in MIAMI....
re: Spelling Bee and Pajama Game Tour Casting
 Jul 29 2008, 05:18:36 PM
I ran the dance auditions for Phoenix's tour of Pajama Game, and it has been cast. It's due to start in August 2008.
re: Cirque de Soleil's New Touring Production, KOOZA
 Jul 26 2008, 02:11:36 AM
I just saw CORTEO 2 weeks ago in Vancouver, and I must agree, my favorite Cirque du Soleil experience thus far. There's something about that chandelier act that is just absolutely stunning. The man/woman duet towards the end was also beautiful. Sorry I don't know the correct terms for that one... but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

Has anyone seen LOVE?

re: San Francisco's '08/'09 season
 Jun 17 2008, 06:32:28 PM
It is SPAMALOT, indeed.
re: National Tour of Doyle's SWEENEY TODD Going Non-Equity
 May 21 2008, 12:29:18 PM
Spamalot is a full production tour, and is scheduled to play Huntsville in that manner. Spamalot is currently booked for many months, and with the Vegas company closing, many markets have just opened up for the tour to play extensive sit downs.
re: Hot Summer Nights At The Kennedy
 May 21 2008, 12:20:38 PM
AH, MJ! How are you darling? Sad i didn't get to spend time with you in the city. Probably shouldn't be having this conversation on a message board, but hey, live your life. Tour is boring. xoxo
re: Hot Summer Nights At The Kennedy
 May 21 2008, 12:03:03 PM

re: Danny Kaye musical
 May 21 2008, 11:26:12 AM
i am nervous for all the gershwin-esque musicals abound this year and the next. from american in paris, to nice work if you can get it (which is also trying out in boston...). i haven't heard anything about the bandwagon/dancing in the dark production since it's out of town, sadly maybe meaning there is no future planned and now this? what a boom!
re: TRIP OF LOVE on Broadway?
 May 21 2008, 11:23:57 AM
wow i'm surprised to see so much negativity being written on this thread! the entire topic was "does anyone know anything more" and it seems that the people who know NOTHING at all about it are trashing it, before even giving it a chance.

it seems like an awesome experience, all the pictures i've seen look amazing. the entire cast is completely high calibre and i see no reason for it NOT to have a future in new york. hopefully that future will allow room for some more americans in there

re: NEW Evita Tour
 Aug 19 2007, 08:02:44 PM
her name is cameron wade, she didn't graduate from elon but did go there. she is fierce, i worked with her years ago at a little community theatre production of "joseph.."
re: Size? Age? Beauty? Should it make a casting difference?
 Jul 8 2007, 10:30:57 AM
i would say 70% of the dance auditions i go to there is a type out. whether or not it's announced, the first cut is generally "do they look right? can they move well enough?"

in some instances, it is possible to say that it's harder to break the mold of typecasting in the ENSEMBLE than in the principals... take crazy for you, for example. polly can be short, tall, fat, thin, mayyyybe black or white, but all she NEEDS to do is sing well and carry a southern charm. the ensemble however, t

re: West Side Story Question
 Jun 20 2007, 07:05:09 PM
I too saw that production and had endless problems with it.

Of course they looked like kids, they are kids.

It had the worst pacing of any musical I've ever seen to have such creative minds participating. Nothing made sense, or was hardly effective with such a slow pace. Not many artists truly committed either, there was so much BS... I'm sorry, I don't mean to bash it, as it was a school production, but I felt there was either a huge problem in the director's chair or the acto

Jun 16 2007, 09:28:12 PM
YES. We totally could be new best friends, I love that someone else is as passionate and well read on such a brilliant piece of work. The school I went to just put on a production of WSS, and as badly as I wanted it to be good... it simply wasn't. There was NO MOMENTUM, it was all just slow slow slow. Nothing reads that way, no build up, no suspense, just beat, beat, beat. Boring. America was a throw away. Dance at the Gym, forgettable. How sad!!!

That's why I say to be wary as to whet

Jun 16 2007, 11:43:21 AM
WSS is one of the most brilliant pieces of American musical theatre. Hands down.

A Boy Like That can be so powerful- I remember being in tears every night I watched that song. However, I can imagine that out of context (if you don't know the story) it doesn't hit as hard. But as is the same with any song really...BUT I would never call Bernstein LAZY for it. Just because the song requires acting and doesn't rely on notes alone doesn't make it bad.

I agree with an above comment

re: broadway dance center vs. steps
 Jun 16 2007, 11:29:29 AM
BDC's new facilities are GORGEOUS. even if you don't want to take class, just go and look around. I'm personally a bigger Steps-goer, because I mostly take contemporary jazz and ballet (which I believe Steps is better for). BDC always gives me a touch of an LA vibe. However, I think their classes are cheaper now because of the move.

If you're worried about crowded classes, stay away from the master classes at BDC right now. Because they Just opened, they've got some really sought-after

re: What is your 10 Best & 10 Worst Theatrical Experience (Season '06-'07 o
 May 28 2007, 08:30:35 PM
best:
in the heights. hands down.

worst:
pirate queen. if anyone's planning on going, a sleep mask would be an appropriate accessory.

re: DRAMA DESK WEBCAST TONITE?? theater mania??
 May 20 2007, 09:21:42 PM
i hope desperate sucks
 May 20 2007, 09:19:40 PM
anyone else seeing little monkeys going around in circles with drums? bong bong is right!
 May 20 2007, 09:15:06 PM
i mean i already feel really cool waiting to watch an awards show on my computer, but the music? wow. coolest kid in astoria, right here.
 May 20 2007, 09:12:51 PM
THE FINAL CHORD IS KILLING MEEEE.
dramatic? i'm gonna play with photo booth..

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You