News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for manders

manders Profile Photo
Member Name: manders
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Grendel Opera
 Nov 17 2005, 02:37:05 AM
http://www.laopera.com/production/index.asp?productionid=197

I read this book in AP English senior year. It's strange that of all things, it's been turned into an opera. Or is it actually extremely fitting?

re: Most Disappointing Show You've Ever Seen
 Nov 12 2005, 04:52:31 PM
Yeah, in my junior year of high school I was so excited to finally see Phantom because it was the first Broadway musical I would have seen, though on tour. I got a pedicure, made reservations to eat at a fancy restaurant after the show, bought a pretty dress just for the occasion, and, yeah, talk about disappointment.
There is no WICKED movie, right?
 Oct 1 2005, 04:23:17 AM
After searching imdb.com and this message board I see nothing, yet a certain fool I know insists he saw them taping when he went to Universal Studios last time. Is there is or is there ain't a WICKED movie in production?
re: Best/Worst Musical Movies
 Aug 22 2005, 12:45:33 PM
I thought Tommy was terrible, but I admit I have never seen it on stage so maybe it's just a bad show in general.
re: What is the most overrated show on broadway you have ever seen?
 Aug 22 2005, 12:41:16 PM
Phantom of the Opera. The book was way better.
re: Musical Theater Song With the Same Name
 Aug 20 2005, 07:04:32 PM
I know! "Overture" it's in almost every show...

By the way, Ponine, I love your avatar =)

Lady MacBeth Sings the Blues
 Aug 20 2005, 06:53:51 PM
This one woman show from Ventura, CA is going to NYC (except under the name of "A Woman of Will"! I never saw it, but I'm in Ventura so it makes me proud =)
re: Blue Man Group
 Aug 18 2005, 04:34:48 PM
I saw Blue Man Group and loved it! Marlene gave a pretty good summary on what it's about. A lot of their skits use physical comedy and other aspects of the show are dry humor.
re: Have the muppets ever been on Broadway?
 Aug 10 2005, 02:43:45 PM
I think you're on to something MissElphie
re: Have the muppets ever been on Broadway?
 Aug 10 2005, 02:31:56 PM
Haha, that would be great. I'd love to see Tim Curry reprise his role in Muppet Treasure Island on stage =)
But actually since I live on the other side of America anyway, I probably wouldn't actually see it...

Have the muppets ever been on Broadway?
 Aug 10 2005, 02:27:15 PM
If not, they should be.
Ghost and Mrs. Muir Recording
 Aug 10 2005, 01:00:34 PM
When I saw the show one of the actors told me that they were recording for the show, but he wasn't sure if it would be released or not. Any news on this?
re: Stephanie J. Block out of the tour
 Jul 18 2005, 03:18:19 PM
Is she going to finish LA before she leaves the tour?
re: The Terminal
 Jul 9 2005, 02:44:43 PM
I'd love it!
re: movies you wish they would make into musicals
 Jul 9 2005, 01:31:29 AM
An HS in my city did do The Nightmare Before Christmas on stage and I heard it was great, but I couldn't see it because my school play was on the exact same nights.

Anyway, I'd love to see "The Court Jester" turned into a stage musical. Do you think there is anyone who could equal Danny Kaye? I sure hope there is.

re: Wicked LA Program
 Jul 6 2005, 11:17:32 PM
No kidding. That's what I get for living in California. Any idea why they were cut?
Wicked LA Program
 Jul 6 2005, 11:09:22 PM
I saw Wicked at the Pantages last night and upon leafing through the program I bought, I saw that the first image in it is one of this great big witch hat and two guys standing around it. And I don't remember seeing that scene in the show. Did I miss something?
re: Singing Along
 Jul 6 2005, 05:32:36 PM
Is it okay at a concert?
re: Theatre games
 Jul 5 2005, 12:50:51 AM
I can relate! I can do stuff on stage because it's scripted and rehearsed. I can't do theater games because it's unplanned and I am bad under pressure. I know how you feel, Quando.
re: The Prince of Egypt
 Jul 1 2005, 03:23:33 AM
I would love to see Prince of Egypt on the stage!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You