News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MeowCookie

Member Name: MeowCookie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
 Apr 27 2014, 02:23:12 PM
Betsy Wolfe has a pretty fierce G 'belt' at the end of her version of Summer in Ohio on the L5Y revival recording.

I Finally Saw
 Apr 24 2014, 10:31:06 PM
Oh I'm so happy for Elena! I hear she was fantastic.

I know it's a long shot, but I would love to hear Whitney interpret Francesca just once. Her legit soprano voice is so resonant and secure, I can only imagine that it would be marvelously soung, despite her youth.

Crappy Lyrics
 Apr 17 2014, 01:06:47 AM
I really can't handle a lot of Glenn Slater's additional lyrics for Mermaid. The entire lyric for "One Step Closer" is just so literal and in-your-face that it leaves nowhere for the song to go. "Dancing is a language which is felt instead of heard" makes me cringe.

Also, an honorable mention to Richard Stilgoe's original lyrics for All I Ask of You:

I could bring you flowers to mingle with your hair
but what good would be flowers?
They only last for hours

Cl

BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!
 Apr 16 2014, 03:46:21 PM
"iv) The switch from 3/4 to 7/4 (I think) in The World Inside A Frame - Pasquale's palpable excitement at catching whatever it is he sees in the backdrop reflected in the fragmented lyrics and the section "there! there! it's like all you didn't know that you were waiting for was just outside the frame!" - it's an obvious metaphor for his relationship with Francesca but it's musically so exciting. The return to this staccato pattern when he starts photographing her is also fascinating. "

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You