News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MissLesMis

MissLesMis Profile Photo
Member Name: MissLesMis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly - AP Review
 Feb 22 2008, 07:13:26 PM
Michael Kuchwara, AP Drama Critic.
re: Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly - AP Review
 Feb 22 2008, 07:11:41 PM
Bravo, now we have a review that is from a respected drama critic and low and behold, I agree with him.
Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 27 2008, 08:53:33 PM
Here's a review I found.

Color Me Surprised: Clay Aiken Is Fantastic in Spamalot

If I'm being totally honest, I didn't go into today's matinee performance of Spamalot with the highest of expectations. Since it had been announced that Clay Aiken was joining the Broadway cast in the role of Sir Robin I've been dubious as to how good of a fit the American Idol runner-up and the Monty Python show would be.

Well color me very pleasantly surprised -- Clay was great!

His voice was, of course, fantastic, but it was his comic timing and his dancing that shocked me the most. From the moment he appeared on stage, he was totally, and delightfully, in character, and he maintained that commitment throughout the entire show. He delivered his lines like an old pro, and completely embraced his character's often quirky movement, footwork, and comic bits, even when they required him to make fun of himself.

Best of all -- he appeared to be having the time of his life. The often irreverent humor of the show seemed to fit him like a glove, and he imbued each of his scenes with what appeared to be a genuine sense of joy.

I was a big Clay supporter back in Season 2 of Idol, but his attitude the past several years has turned me off a bit to him. However, seeing him sing, dance, act, and laugh, I remembered the charming, dorky fella' who shocked us all with his pipes back on Idol. I half-expected him to be stiff and awkward -- instead, he was loose and relaxed, creating real chemistry with his co-stars.
Speaking of his co-stars, the cast is more solid and the show tighter than it's been since it first opened. As Sir Lancelot, Rick Holmes was a hoot and a half, and a more accomplished song-and-dance man than Hank Azaria, who created the role. Chris Seiber has returned to the show, and although he appears to have put on about 30lbs, he was funny as ever playing Sir Galahad. Tom Deckman played the roles originated by Christian Borle with a delightfully deadpan gaze plastered across his face, and Hannah Waddingham, imported from the British version of Spamalot, was perfection as the Lady of the Lake.

All in all, Clay and the cast have managed to make Spamalot a must-see once again.

http://americanidolamericanidol.blogspot.com/2008/01/color-me-surprised-clay-aiken-is.html

Jan 26 2008, 07:51:38 PM
Thanks for the reviews xanafanadu2 and Clayford27. Glad you enjoyed it!:)
 Jan 25 2008, 08:05:50 PM
BroadwayBaby19, Thanks for your legitimate review of Spamalot. I think mine was legitimate also. After all, we saw it :)
re: les miserables 10th anniversary dream cast re-release on dvd 2008
 Jan 25 2008, 02:00:23 PM
I have a 3CD set with a complete libretto from 1990 that used 50 artists form the various companies in the major cities. If you can get this, it is spectacular. It's called Les Miserables, The Complete Symphonic Recording.
 Jan 24 2008, 09:27:04 PM
It wasn't sarcasm, but calling many of the Claymates here on their hypocrisy. You are right, however, about Clayford27 not being one of them.

LePetiteFromage, What hypocrisy are you referring to? Their opinion differs from yours. That's their right as well as yours. I don't see very many Clayfans here. Just a handful who are interested only in reviews and sharing. The problem ones have been deleted several times and it has been quite civil here. Don't you think it's time to mo

Jan 24 2008, 04:57:01 PM
Sorry Marissa, I did miss it. Thanks for the review. I hope we'll see many more in the coming days ahead.
 Jan 24 2008, 04:19:46 PM
Thanks for your review Kelly2. Does anyone else have a review?
 Jan 23 2008, 09:16:58 PM
Having fans is always a good thing, but coming onto a messageboard to preach devotion to one person to a group that clearly doesn't want to hear it is a different story.

I didn't notice any preaching. Coming to the Broadwayworld board is not imposing on you. There are many threads here to discuss whatever show or performer you want. If a group doesn't want to talk Clay,nobody is twisting their arms. They are free to ignore this thread. That would be the gracious thing to do.

Jan 23 2008, 08:25:09 PM
So far there are not only any REAL reviews of Clay, there are really almost no personal reviews (except from his fans, who are far too biased and crazy to be trusted).

Hi Kevin, just curious as to what shows and performers you were a fan of when you came here? Do you buy memorabilia from any shows you see? Have you seen any shows more than once?

I noticed a thread talking about stage door fanatics. This has been going on for years. Did you ever try to get a picture or an

Jan 22 2008, 07:41:42 PM
"Strange I have read quite a few recaps by people who went to the various shows over the weekend and not one mention was made anywhere by anyone about the stage being rushed"

The info came from an usher, who would have no reason to lie.

Perhaps the usher was referring to the photographers and press. They rushed the stage at Friday's performance during the final curtain call.

re: Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 21 2008, 09:25:30 PM
I'm interested in hearing how Hannah was. I did experience the crowd screaming when Clay exited the stage door after the matinee on Saturday.

She was magnificent! She has a marvelous voice and stage presence.
All the cast, including Clay Aiken, had me laughing as hard as the first time I saw it with DHP. They worked together to make the show a joy to attend.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You