News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LoveSpiralsDownward

LoveSpiralsDownward Profile Photo
Member Name: LoveSpiralsDownward
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: GLEE-Teaser: Single Ladies
 Sep 23 2009, 09:04:18 AM
Eris, you're correct the actor playing the dad (Mike O'Malley) is from Yes, Dear. Funny enough (if he is indeed going to play a conservative tough dad role here), he played a goofy cop that came out of the closet and dated a effeminate character on My Name Is Earl.
re: Belinda Carlisle to star in Hairspray (West End) in October
 Sep 2 2009, 11:16:44 AM
I'm right there with you, Brody. She looks great as Velma!

I also saw the Go-Go's not that long ago and her voice is still in top form as well.

re: Marcie Dodd leaves 2nd National Tour of Wicked temporarily?
 Aug 14 2009, 03:37:57 PM
^Which is exactly why I questioned the source (Wiki). Oh well, I will find out tomorrow night, I guess.
Marcie Dodd leaves 2nd National Tour of Wicked temporarily?
 Aug 14 2009, 03:33:54 PM
Due to a knee injury? Saw it on her Wiki page, but they didn't include a source and can't seem to find anything through Google. Anyone know anything? Supposedly this happened a couple of days ago.

Who goes on in her absence? Her standyby Carrie Manolakos or her understudy Anne Brummel. I've never really heard of either one.

re: Looking For Some Help With Old Marquee Pics
 Aug 13 2009, 02:47:03 PM
I have actual photos I took of that Into The Woods marquee and inflatable leg when I saw the show. I'll have to rummage through some boxes and find them and post here.

I'm not sure of the intended effect, but it looked like the giant was trying to come down over the roof of the theater from where I stood. Really cool.

FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
 Aug 7 2009, 09:52:53 AM
Hollywood Reporter review...ouch!

re: The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas In Texas?
 Jul 27 2009, 09:43:41 AM
The Ann-Margret tour came through Texas back in 2001.

I believe it played either Austin or San Antonio, plus Houston and Dallas, but before that, not sure.

re: Long needed revivals
 Jul 23 2009, 04:27:17 PM
Fiorello
re: Adam Pascal wants to bring operation mindcrime: the musical to broadwa
 Jun 13 2009, 12:10:20 PM
^Funny you should say that (whether jokingly or not). I also thought of Lambert in the role because I figured he could handle Geoff Tate's four octave range. But Pascal seems to be claiming the role for his own...

re: Repo! The Genetic Opera
 Apr 30 2009, 12:21:11 PM
I really wanted to love it, especially since it had all the right elements for me; dark story, Sarah Brightman rocking out, Tony Head singing (loved his singing stints on Buffy), Skinny Puppy's Ogre, for heaven's sake (I was a huge industrial music fan in my youth)...but something just didn't quite gel for me.

It wasn't even Paris Hilton's involvement, which I casually ignored, but I can't quite put my finger on why I felt let down.

re: Ghost The Musical on London's West End in 2010
 Mar 6 2009, 10:31:37 AM
The Playbill article with more details.

Ghost The Musical on London's West End in 2010
 Mar 6 2009, 10:30:48 AM
Some of you may have heard about this already (and it's been mentioned in the West End board), but I didn't know if anyone had accessed the web site.

If you let the intro play, it sounds like there's a clip of an opening number (seguing after a haunting version of Unchained Melody plays).

re: Is Ain't Misbehavin with Frenchie Davis and Ruben Studdard worth seeing
 Feb 6 2009, 05:35:12 PM
Sadly the CD wasn't available at the show either (at least not the one I went to last weekend).

They only had a couple of t-shirts and a window card featuring the art from the promotional poster everyone dislikes.

I would have gotten the window card if it featured that fabulous album art, though.

re: Is Ain't Misbehavin with Frenchie Davis and Ruben Studdard worth seeing
 Feb 5 2009, 02:28:13 PM
A thousand times yes, it's worth seeing.

I was also fortunate enough to see the original Broadway cast during the 1988 revival and this new cast is definitely worthy of the material.

I agree with everyone who mentions the fantastic talent on that stage and their wonderful chemistry together. It was most evident during "Black and Blue" which gave me goosebumps.

Frenchie channels Nell Carter quite a bit (and there is nothing wrong with that), but she made "Mean to M

re: RIALTO CHATTER: 'Go Ahead, Make My...Show', Dirty Harry Heading to Broa
 Jan 29 2009, 05:19:40 PM
I think the The Guardian left out a word...WENN states it's being planned for Off-Broadway, not Broadway.

RIP Tom O'Horgan
 Jan 12 2009, 05:48:29 PM
The original director of Broadway's Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar died in his sleep yesterday after a battle with Alzheimer's (something my own mother passed away from just this November).

I found Ben Vereen's comments quite interesting:

Ben Vereen, who starred in Mr. O'Horgan's Hair and Superstar, said in 2007 that shows like Spring Awakening were possible because of the ground that Mr. O'Horgan broke.

Vereen told the Times, "I see a show like Spring Awakening, an

Pal Joey single ticket for Fri Dec 12 $25
 Dec 9 2008, 11:50:20 AM
Mezz Row EE Seat 205.

Listed it on StubHub for easier handling.

I think this listing is only good thru today (12/9).

Thanks!

re: BCEFA Fundraising Has Begun...
 Nov 19 2008, 05:40:09 PM
The auctions are kind of fun.

At the Equus matinee this past Saturday, Daniel Radcliffe came back to the stage after curtain call wearing an Equus t-shirt, in which he teasingly wiped his chest and underarms with while it was being auctioned. Winning bid was $900 and the shirt was personally signed by him after she won.

Over at Hairspray that evening, two men got into a bidding war with Harvey Fierstein for a chance to obtain a small piece of Edna's wardrobe and a trip backsta

re: Equus Tkts 10/15 evening
 Oct 7 2008, 02:39:53 PM
On that note, how is the box office for Roundabout? I have a single ticket for Pal Joey in December that I might need to trade for a different night in November.
re: American Psycho Musical?
 Sep 24 2008, 04:43:12 PM
Or Evil Dead: The Musical...complete with "splatter zone".
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You