News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mvillalobos2004

mvillalobos2004 Profile Photo
Member Name: mvillalobos2004
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you on stage?
 Jul 22 2006, 05:08:59 AM
Picture it, NYC, 2003, CABARET @ Studio 54, Broadway...I was swinging on for the part of Rudy the sailor, I'm supposed to run out on stage with my pants around my ankles while blowing a party whistle and yelling "Fritzy, where are you?"...well, wardrobe had forgotten to sew the fly shut on my vintage boxer shorts, and sure enough I run out there when my****AND balls bounce OUT of my boxers for ALL to see. It worked for the show but the audience and cast onstage got more than they expected that n
re: Can you meet people while seeing Broadway shows?
 Jul 20 2006, 05:45:39 PM
I'm sure you'll do very well.
re: Can you meet people while seeing Broadway shows?
 Jul 20 2006, 05:34:50 PM
Absolutely, if you're open to the possibility of it. I think it's all in your frame of mind. Of course I have talked to strangers my whole life (went against mom's orders). During a performance of Crazy For You in NY, I started talking this old woman sitting next to me about how much I loved the show and it's throwback style when she told me she was one of the original Ziegfeld girls! I was floored! She had tapped at the Shubert Theatre when she was 18! We kept in touch for a while, ande she rem
re: Depressing endings
 Jul 20 2006, 05:22:02 PM
Of course Sweeney Todd, but I'm sure it was already mentioned.
 Jul 20 2006, 05:16:58 PM
The Public's "Wild Party" also well done. And "Falsettos".
re: What show would you do?
 Jul 20 2006, 05:01:01 PM
Hands down..."Crazy For You" if you find great tappers and your production value is high is one of my favorites!
 Jul 20 2006, 04:56:06 PM
The Kopit/Yeston "Phantom"...rips me apart!!!!

re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
 Jul 20 2006, 04:47:53 PM
Well, since we're splintering this topic a bit. JCSuperstar Priests definitely are among the lowest, as is Judge Turpin's part in Pretty Women (tough to get much sound down there even for a TRUE bass)

As far as "belt" notes that stick out as amazing belt "sound", Patti Lupone's New Argentina "...IS one of you..." remains one of my favorites. Actually, that whole song is written so that she will be at the TOP of her range as she screams out to the masses of Argentina. One of Webber's few

re: Legally Blonde The Musical
 Jul 20 2006, 04:38:30 PM
The pre-broadway debut is coming to San Francisco in January, that's all I know from local news. I gotta get an audition...it has such potential IF it's done right!
Legally Blonde The Musical
 Jul 20 2006, 04:22:02 PM
Does anyone have more info about this musical other than Jerry Mitchell directing/choreographing it?
re: Lea Thompson in Cabaret
 Sep 24 2005, 12:35:09 AM
About 100 times! I did the show with her when she joined the B'way company. I love her to pieces. She was an amazing Sally and an even better friend.
re: Lyrics that make you laugh nearly every time you hear them.
 Nov 16 2004, 07:28:06 PM
"Just grab your dick and double-click....p*rn, p*rn, p*rn" from Avenue Q
(I just laughed typing it in)

"How am I to thank you?"
"Kindly let it pass"
"Would you like a slice?"
"That might be nice
but frankly, it would give me gas."

from CABARET

re: Best Female Singers in NYC
 Nov 16 2004, 06:13:23 PM
Marin Mazzie, hands down!
re: *~*~ SWEENEY TODD OMG AH MAZE ING !!!! *~*~
 Nov 15 2004, 04:40:31 PM
I Have the Sweeney character from the show poster tatooed on my riht arm. "Sweeney Todd" was the show that inspired me to do theatre when I was a kid. My dream role, which I WILL perform in about 15 years when I am age-appropriate.
....I guess you could say I'm a fan of the show, no?

re: Hottest MAN on Broadway
 Nov 15 2004, 01:09:26 AM
well, jumping into such a HEATED topic.......especially between you and the other cute half was like trying to jump into an already-started game of double-dutch....and you two were playing for JESUS!!! VERY difficult. I had to come up with a good entrance.
re: Hottest MAN on Broadway
 Nov 15 2004, 01:01:55 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with you, luvtheEmcee! Adam really reaches his beauty potential when he's singing......Oh, and when he sat on my lap during Act I and played with my hair.....yeah, that was cute........hmmmmmmmmmmm.
re: Ignore.
 Nov 15 2004, 12:49:19 AM
It worked on me!!! I would love it if this post ended up getting some ridiculous number of responses......like 3,476,098
re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
 Nov 14 2004, 12:48:21 AM
Well-hung, Arians!

Well-hung: Male who is well-endowed
Arians: Germanic Caucasians

re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
 Nov 13 2004, 11:18:08 PM
Picture it! New Hampshire, 1996! Summer Stock. DAMN YANKEES! "Shoeless Joe from Hannibal, Mo." BIG dance break. The "butch" baseball team explodes into a FABULOUS Fosse dance routine (like they will) and pretends to be checking out Gloria, the sassy reporter's rack instead of Sohovick's impressive Chelsea pecs. I'm dancing smack-dab in the middle, front line. Like an ass, I think I'm hot **** because my white-with-blue-pin-stripes baseball uniform pants made my ass look soooooooo tight and my ba
re: Deborah Gibson
 Nov 12 2004, 07:33:16 PM
I worked with her in CABARET and I have to stick up for her and say that she was a very srong and consistant Sally. And she couldn't have been easier to work with. She works extremely hard and is always looking for ways to improve each performance...AND she BAKED muffins for the cast on Sundays! She's good people in my book!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You