News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShadOlsen

ShadOlsen Profile Photo
Member Name: ShadOlsen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Kristina
 Sep 29 2009, 10:40:44 AM
What you saw was a concert and not the staged show with dialogue. Yes, it's long and will probably be cut further for the short attention spans of American audiences (though this 4 hour show ran for almost 5 years in Sweden). If you're not into it you're not into it, but there are those of us who would sit through it a hundred more times and love every last second. We're the ones who want some variety in NYC when it comes to musicals.
re: Kristina from Duvemala to Broadway
 Sep 28 2009, 03:32:11 PM
Thank you SO much for this response! You could not have been more thorough or encouraging! Much appreciated!!
Kristina from Duvemala to Broadway
 Sep 28 2009, 11:38:27 AM
So, when I moved to NYC to be an actor in 2000, I wanted to be a part of the dramatic period musicals. Where have they all gone? Is the pop opera dead or are the recent failed attempts a result of brainless construction? Finally, along comes Kristina. Yes, I'm biased being a Minnesotan of Swedish ancestry and having loved the books before the musical and having loved the Swedish musical before seeing the recent English language concerts at Carnegie Hall. But STILL I say FINALLY- some variet
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You