News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Legally Blonde: The Musical?

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#0Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:28pm

Anyone think they're going too far with this one? I heard rumor a while ago, but never thought it would really happen...Just a thought, Kristin Chenoweth would make a great Elle Woods comedically...any other thoughts?

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

Dawg
#1re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:29pm

Isn't Elle Woods supposed to be in college? I'd have to say Laura Bell would be the stronger choice for this. Updated On: 6/9/04 at 07:29 PM

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#2re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:30pm

Is it really happening? They aren't going too far if it is not actually becoming a musical.

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#3re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:30pm

Elle is in law school.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#4re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:34pm

And by the end of the movie she is supposed to be around 25. Still, Kristin is a bit long in the tooth to play this role. As a matter of fact, many actresses are. I think Laura could do it. Maybe they'll get an unknown. I mean the musical itself is enough publicity. Is there going to be a "Bend and Snap" ballet? (jk)

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#5re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:39pm

The title is most definitely enough publicity. Kristin would be great for it, but I think the whole age thing is a problem. Laura Bell would be really strong, especially if she was able to originate it. I think it'll be a Hairspray type musical---very pop, modern, and appealing to teenagers...and I support more of those musicals.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#6re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:45pm

I'm not clapping my hands about the whole thing. it doesnt really excite me. I will go though, out of curiosity. as will many.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#7re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:56pm

lbb should be elle and cheno should be the bend and snap woman

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#8re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 7:58pm

This is GREAT news for Larry and Nell-they are some of the best new writers out there. For those of you who had the chance to see Sarah Plain and Tall, you'll probably agree. I'm really happy for them! Yay for talented new writers coming to Broadway!!!

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

dramafreak13 Profile Photo
dramafreak13
#9re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:20pm

i'm trying to imagine Legally Blonde with the same type of music as Bat Boy, this could be histerical, I absolutly love Bat Boy

"Contentment it seems merely happens, It appears Accompanied by no bravos and no tears" "The world is good you said Enjoy it's highs you said The summer flies you said So make a parade Of every moment Now throw away your hate And focus on what's great instead" ~William Finn

junglegirljlt
#10re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:41pm

this is what I found about it...

MGM also considered transforming Legally Blonde into a Broadway musical. However, given the sequel's lackluster box office, those plans appear on hold for now.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#11re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:52pm

Who are Larry and Nell? Next year's Jeff and Bobby? :P

FindingNamo
#12re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:58pm

I can't imagine any musical of the future without Kristin Chenoweth. But I most definitely want to see her starring in a major revival of Your Arms Too Short to Box with God.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#13re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:05pm

I can't imagine Broadway without Kristin Chenoweth. She is such a seasoned legend that I don't think any shows would survive if she wasn't around. Even the shows she is uninvolved with would die a quick, painful death.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#14re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:07pm

I'd go with Kristin, she's supposed to be in college in WICKED, and she does that amazingly! I still thing LEGALLY BLONDE the musical is still a really scary idea.

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#15re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:10pm

Kristin is so awesomely amazingly perfect for this role that I won't even fathom thinking about this show without picturing her in the role. In fact, I hope Kristin does the next 'Legally Blonde' movie!

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#16re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:15pm

Not since Joanne Worley played Lucy in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, has anyone been more perfect for a role. :)

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#17re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:27pm

Namo - Personally, I was thinking of Kristin for the revival of Salvation. She should sing "There Ain't No Flies on Jesus".

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
#18re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:34pm

Finally! A role for Jessica Simpson!

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#19re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 9:54pm

cheno yadda yadda.... When this show does come to reality I am going to lobby like hell for that part:) Or at least the understudy:P

Plum
#20re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 10:37pm

I don't get it. Why do people keep suggesting Jessica Simpson for parts? Nothing about her has ever impressed me. Explain, please.

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#21re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/9/04 at 10:42pm

Dear God! I hope it was a joke!!!

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Dawg
#22re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/10/04 at 12:44am

Chenoweth is really talented and very good at playing Sally/Glinda/Kristin- But personally I wouldn't mind seeing her do something where she's not playing herself-you've got to wonder if SHE'D like to be a little more challenged by roles she's cast in?

GretchaSketh
#23re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/10/04 at 12:50am

Interesting concept

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

musicaltheatreman
#24re: Legally Blonde: The Musical?
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:14am

i hate when people here say that kristin always plays roles that that are like her real self. hello, do any of you here know kristin personally??? probaly not! maybe she is just good at playing these types of roles and you think she is like that in real life! it called acting people!!! its the theater!!! sure she has a happy personality in real life, but does not mean that she is anything like the roles she plays!!

Videos