News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Alanis with Kristin

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#0Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 11:37am

So I venture to speculate that since Alanis is going to sing in Kristin Chenoweth's concert that perhaps they are going to sing something from Wicked and that Alanis is campaigning to play Elphaba.

Any thoughts? Updated On: 12/6/05 at 11:37 AM

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#1re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 11:51am

what do you mean by 'campaigning to play Elphaba'? As in, take over the role in the actual production? Um..doubt it. If you mean sing Elphaba's part in a duet with Kristin...yes that would probably be the case if they are singing "For Good" or something.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#2re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:00pm

Anything is possible. I have heard murmerings that Alanis is interested in doing the show. People have said it on here before not that everything on here is particularly reliable. By "campaigning" I mean plant a seed of thought in someone's head. It's a harmless speculation but not impossible.

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#3re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:11pm

weird...

well I haven't heard anything of hers in AGES, but if she can sing it, and if she can act...well it'd sure be interesting.

I personally loved her role of God in Dogma. re: Alanis with Kristin

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#4re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:20pm

I am so excited about this concert. I expect Alanis will probably sing any Elphaba parts, but I am wondering if any special guests may pop up to join Kristin. Regardless, I am going.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#5re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:29pm

Alanis is quite a strong singer, when it comes to the pop/rock world. I could hear her singing the Elphaba parts. I imagine she'd be quite good.

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#6re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:31pm

Maybe Kristin is going to *gasp* sing an Alanis song!

yr ronin,
joey

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#7re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:39pm

Ok, I have been saying for the longest time that Alanis should play Elphaba. She would kick so much ass.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#8re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:45pm

Where was this reported? I looked around a little, but haven't found anything...

jasobres
#9re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:49pm

Being a big Cheno fan, I've GOT TO SEE THIS!!! I think right now, my mom and dad are considering it.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#10re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:54pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=6240

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

crazyfangirl
#11re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 2:21pm

There's a.... bizarre singing combination.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the incentive for Alanis was getting to sing selections from WICKED in concert with the original "glinda." That sounds laughable, but she saw the Broadway production (I believe) at least twice. Of course, that doesn't mean she wants to STAR in it, but the production itself has been awfully popular (excuse the pun) with celebs. In particular-- Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise, and Nicole Kidman (and as we all know, the pop queen Britney Spears) have either been to see it more than once, or in Kidman's case, liked Kristin as Glinda so much that she had a part written for her in Bewitched.

So, I don't know about y'all, but I think Bruce Willis would make an EXCELLENT Elphaba. And of course, Tom Cruise as Glinda. (In which case the producers would probably announce the new marquee, a la Oprah Winfrey's Color Purple-- The Church of Scientology Presents a Tom Cruise Production of Wicked...)

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#12re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 2:29pm

Oh, I think they should duet on "You Outta Know." Can I pick the lines Kristin sings??? Please??? Something about a theatre, something about nails on a back and something about thinking of me...something. I am sure Kristin would love it. re: Alanis with Kristin

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#13re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 2:36pm

OddExoticCreature - Alanis recently released an acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill and a greatest hits CD with a new cover of Seal's "Crazy". And she's sounding better than ever!

Just give the world Love.

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#14re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 2:38pm

uncageg, I looooove her singing 'Crazy!'

And for some reason, I can actually picture the Alanis/Elphaba thing working. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily for it, but there have more outrageous suggestions...

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#15re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 3:01pm

Wait...Kristen sang with Idina for MONTHS and people are finding her singing with Alanis odd????

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

jasobres
#16re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/6/05 at 3:46pm

And your point is....

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

rememberthelove Profile Photo
rememberthelove
#17re: Alanis with Kristin
Posted: 12/8/05 at 2:50am

If Alanis does go, this makes the perfect concert for my best friend and me.

I did do a double take when I first read that though...

-Nicole

Videos