News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Weekly SNL thread

beautywickedlover
#450Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 11:00am

I have the episode on Tivo and I'll watch it later, but I just read some news on Entertainment Weekly and I cannot wait for this.

Jennifer Lawrence to host 'Saturday Night Live'

blueroses
#451Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 11:08am

Martin Short was a perfect Larry David! I conked out early, though, and missed most of the show. Did Ed Grimley or Nathan Thurm make an appearance?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#452Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 11:50am

There was a brief flash of Ed Grimley in the opening monologue. Short didn't really want to do him because he thinks people think thats all he does.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

#453Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 12:34pm

Yes. Best show this season.

this further proves my hopes and wishes for a 40th anniversary alumni revolving door weekly cast idea .

it would be amazing to have a roster change up every week made up of past alumni.

and forget calling in all these 'personalities' with no talent to come and host the show.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#454Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 1:05pm

Blue - I saw a bit of Grimley in the "What's up with that" skit, at the end when they were all dancing!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#455Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 1:13pm

Also -- I think this may be the first time that the F-bomb has been audibly spoken on network television in, what, a decade?

Jenny Slate accidentally let one slip during her first appearance in 2009.

#456Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 6:27pm

DId Jenny SLate get cut because of that?
I don't remember seeing her much after that incident.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#457Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 6:32pm

No, she was on the entire season.

blueroses
#458Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 7:15pm

Thanks, Jane!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#459Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 8:47pm

I've had a chance to watch my recording of it, and have to say that the opening played even more beautifully on TV, because of the beautiful camera work with the candle.

Congrats to them for getting it right.

I've been fortunate to have been able to attend the show many times over the years. Last night was a true standout.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

FindingNamo
#460Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 9:09pm

Paul's second song was the perfect Helter Skelter/Nirvana mash-up. He should tour with those guys in a Nirvana tribute show.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#461Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 9:11pm

It rocked!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

JbaraFan1
#462Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 11:52pm

I was out of the room last night and missed the opening, but my husband told me about it. I just now watched it on the SNL site. So very fitting, from the children's choir, to the verses chosen.

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#463Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/17/12 at 8:07am

I had the great pleasure of being Addy's guest at SNL on Saturday. From the Silent Night tribute, to You're a Rat Bastard Charlie Brown, to the F bomb drop, it was all perfect (well, except maybe the Restoration Hardware sketch). And, Paul McCartney sang me a birthday song!!!!! Just to me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#464Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/17/12 at 10:42am

Here's a sketch they axed after Dress Rehearsal. It has Patricia Clarkson!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/435941

beautywickedlover
beautywickedlover
#466Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/20/13 at 12:10am

I know there was a thread for tonight's show, but I am going to go ahead and post here. I am enjoying Jennifer Lawrence. The opening was funny, her monologue was clever about the other four Oscar nominees, and I have so far enjoyed the first three sketches, especially 'The Hunger Games' one. 'The Hobbit' commercial was comical as well.

Updated On: 1/20/13 at 12:10 AM

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#467Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/20/13 at 12:59am

After coming off one of the best episodes in a VERY long time (Martin Short/ Paul McCartney), this was really disappointed me. A few chuckles, but nothing great. Looking forward to Adam Levine next week, think he could be very similar to Timberlake which would be great!!

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#468Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/20/13 at 12:59am

After coming off one of the best episodes in a VERY long time (Martin Short/ Paul McCartney), this was really disappointed me. A few chuckles, but nothing great. Looking forward to Adam Levine next week, think he could be very similar to Timberlake which would be great!!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#469Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/20/13 at 1:01am

This episode is a dud. Lawrence could have been MUCH funnier in that "rude waitress" diner sketch. I don't know why she chose to dead-pan it. Would have been funnier if she was more eccentric.

In every sketch she's been in, she's had the same low-level, even-toned energy. Wish she would have chosen to go outside the box.

Seems like the writers tried to blend her in as best they could, too. This was especially apparent in the "cool kids" sketch where she played the laid-back emo stereotype.

I've seen Lawrence in a lot of press interviews recently, and I can tell that this "energy" that I speak of is just who she is. You can see it in her film work, too. I do think she is an exceptional actress, but it doesn't seem that eccentric, high-energy characters are her thing. SNL was maybe a bad choice for her (though I understand why she did it).

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#470Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/20/13 at 9:18am

I thought dead-panning the waitress sketch was the point, to show contrast.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#471Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/20/13 at 11:34am

Wynbish - that's certainly one way to do the character, and the result was still humor. Imagine that sketch, however, with that character played by SNL's last host, Martin Short. He would have done that sketch so in-your-face and over-the-top. I can see him now screaming "I HATE YOUR ROTTEN GUTS!!"

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

beautywickedlover
#472Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/27/13 at 12:44am

I'm enjoying this episode. At first I did not think Adam was given much to work with but as the show has progressed he showed that he had a very good sense of humor.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#473Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/27/13 at 12:51am

Adam Levine shirtless was the best way to start the show. YUM.

"Sopranos Diaries" was hilarious.

--Aristotle

FindingNamo
#474Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 1/27/13 at 2:42am

After being completely unimpressed with Circle Work, I could not stop myself from guffawing at the fireman sketch. Something about Bill Hader makes me trust where he's coming from with a character like that.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos