News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!- Page 8

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#175today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 12:20pm

The truth is enough for me. The shootings escalated (to a ridiculous high) because there's no more stop and frisk. Bring it back.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#176today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 12:45pm

But they've escalated everywhere, including all the places where there has never been a stop and frisk law.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Liza's Headband
#177today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 12:45pm

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#178today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 12:55pm

"But they've escalated everywhere, including all the places where there has never been a stop and frisk law."

I have no idea to what extent it has escalated everywhere and if it compares to NYC, including the places where there has never been a stop and frisk law. Perhaps those places should institute one. We should reinstitute the law here and watch what happens. If lives are saved, that's what I care about.

FindingNamo
#179today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 2:25pm

Isn't it interesting (and i do mean that because I don't see any easy answer one way or the other), that people who are sick to death of the gun violence are people who are willing to give up the freedom from unreasonable search and seizure as opposed to the gun nuts who would rather SHOOT people than discuss the possibility that something might be done to control guns in this country.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#180today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 2:37pm

I guess so, Namo.

I have nothing to hide, so go ahead and search me. I'd prefer that to what's happening now.

FindingNamo
#181today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 2:40pm

I wish gun nuts would prove they're "responsible" instead of just threatening anybody who wants to discuss trying to get some sort of handle on this RIDICULOUS situation we're in now.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#182today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:15pm

But, but, but, it will do nothing to curtail gang violence! Now excuse me as I replace my thumb up my pooper!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#183today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:24pm

I'm all for stop and frisk. It should have never been stopped here. Our new awful mayor won't ever let that happen again though because it turned into a race issue when it never should have.

FindingNamo
#184today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:26pm

Well, isn't it? When you look at who it was who was stopped and frisked?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#185today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:28pm

It is a race issue.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#186today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:30pm

I'm sorry Namo, but I live here in NYC, and many times when entering the subway, I saw the cops and the table where they would put the backpacks, and it was not always the same race who were being searched. Plenty of whites.

FindingNamo
#187today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:30pm

Since the 4th of July is the day we overlook this country's realities even more than we do every other day of the year, I think it's worth trying to deflate the bubble of delusion. We live in a country where saying what something is about gets you accused of making it about that thing.

We prefer to not acknowledge things in this country. And we have react negatively to anybody who has the temerity to say so out loud.

FindingNamo
#188today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:34pm

Oh, Jane. That's not what stop and frisk means in the Bratton context. It means walking up to young black males and frisking them. Not the post-9/11 subway scans.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#189today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:35pm

"the freedom from unreasonable search and seizure "

In your mind, what, if any, would be a reasonable search and seizure? And do you feel it's more important for a person who has something to hide,to have the freedom to injure or kill, than innocent people dying because of it?

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#190today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:40pm

It shouldn't have been a race issue though. It should be a tool for police to stop and frisk anyone no matter their color if they look suspicious.

Liza's Headband
#191today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:43pm

But, Broadway Joe... Didn't you know? All black men look suspicious! At least according to Erik and Namo's beliefs. That's why they are always targeted! Duuuhhh

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#192today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:45pm

You don't ever see what happened in the video I posted to kids on the upper east side. And imagine the outcry if you did.

FindingNamo
#193today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:49pm

"All black men look suspicious! At least according to Erik and Namo's beliefs."

Dear lord. The horrible existence of the misinformed centrist.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#194today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:52pm

Why would certain races be targeted in stop and frisk?

FindingNamo
#195today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:54pm

Because the cops racially profile who they harass.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#196today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:55pm

My question was why do they?

FindingNamo
#197today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:56pm

Here's a synopsis of Floyd, et al. v. City of New York, et al.

this is how it played out

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#198today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 4:12pm

I wonder if they would consider dividing the cops up equally and send those groups to Park Slope, soho,
Chinatown, the villages, Spanish Harlem, Inwood, Lozaida, etc. and then we can still have stop and frisk.

FindingNamo
#199today's shootings
Posted: 7/4/14 at 4:16pm

But they don't. And this is how institutionalized racism plays out.

Videos