News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

"NYC Prep" on Bravo

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#100re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 10:02pm

"rich boys always say they are bi until they are out of college...."

ROFL Bettyboy!!!! Poor, deluded PC....

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

colleen_lee
#101re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 10:27am

Will they still be "the elite of the elite" after the show finishes airing?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/fashion/05nycprep.html?hpw

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#102re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 11:46am

"the teenagers? behavior may have something to do with the private schools in the show" which she said are not top-shelf. (There are no students from Dalton, Brearley, Chapin and Collegiate, to name a few of the most highly regarded schools in the city.)

"The schools on this show are all at the bottom," Ms. Goldman said. "There would never be a Brearley girl on this show."

Well, this quote just CRACKS ME UP!! Oh no, I'm sure the Brearley girls are NOTHING like the obnoxious bitches on NYC Prep...LMAO!

Updated On: 7/4/09 at 11:46 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#103re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 11:59am

I'm sure every private school has its gems, but, the ones I know aren't.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#104re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 4:54pm

I believe that the presence of the cameras on all the reality shows evokes a certain amount of theatricality and unrealistic behavior. However-these KIDS are spoiled brat pretentious bitches anyway.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#105re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 5:21pm

I agree, Jane. Every time someone, be it a preppie or a housewife, says, "So I thought I'd invite ____ to go shopping (to dinner, for a drink, to a party...) with me...", it is clearly a scripted event. Not down to the dialogue, but the framework is the doing of the show.

And these kids are clearly trying to be as edgy as the characters on Gossip Girl.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#106re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 6:38pm

yes, and let's face it-the more obnoxious the people are, the higher the ratings. Who would watch a show with all nice people acting as boring and real as their lives are. Hmm, now here's Susan writing her shopping list. Here she is taking the laundry out of the dryer. Oh-the phone rang. It's the dentist confirming tomorrow's appointment. Now Susan is reading for a few hours. snooze!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#107re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 6:51pm

I've only seen the clip of Camille and Kelli (is that her name?) having dinner with PC, but I have to say... he acts like he thinks he's this wise, seasoned old character and they're these naive little children, and it's actually PAINFUL to watch. If he watches that clip in twenty years, I bet he'll be too humiliated to leave the house for weeks.

I mean, I just finished my junior year in high school, and I'm two months away from being a senior, and I hope I don't run into people in real life who think that being eighteen means they have all the answers. Of course, I'm just a public school Rags McTattershanty, so what do I know? re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

EDIT: What on earth? https://www.bravotv.com/nyc-prep/videos/youre-a-bitch How is Jessi supposed to be into high fashion? She dresses and styles her hair like a yard sale fanatic from the mid-nineties. If those are the newest trends, I know I'm not following them...

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 7/4/09 at 06:51 PM

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#108re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 7:49pm

You're cracking me up, Rags! I know what you mean about Jessie - not really seeing the high fashion thing yet....

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#109re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/4/09 at 9:04pm

C'mon, her clothes are her CHILDREN...

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

luvtheEmcee
#110re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 12:51pm

lol, the first episode is on. I'm watching now. I just snorted at that quote -- and "It's important not to wear all your labels at once."

God, to have such lofty concerns!

misschung
#111re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 1:54pm

She's trying way too hard to achieve that boho-casual look; often seen on such royalty as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

And her friend Zoe already acts like a 45 year old Jewish woman who's been abusing painkillers for most of her life. These children are not going to age well.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#112re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:08pm

The show sux, yet I also can't avoid watching it but it's mostly because I have a crush on PC. When will he come out of the closet? Jessie obviously has a crush on him and needs to get over him. He is into men. LOL

That guy Sebastian is ****ing ugly and all these little girls are drooling over him, what the hell? It took me 2 episodes to differenciate all those lookalike girls. They needed to include more male characters, it's like 4 girls and 2 boys? Why can't they do 3 and 3?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

luvtheEmcee
#113re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:13pm

Oh my God, they have BLOGS! They're even more obnoxious in writing.

http://www.bravotv.com/nyc-prep/season-1/blogs

Updated On: 7/5/09 at 02:13 PM

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#114re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:13pm

I think this show is better (or perhaps more entertaining is the right word) than any of MTV's shows like this..."Laguna Beach", "The Hills", "The City". All of which I never really watched unless I was on the computer and wanted something on for the visual stimulation ("The City" was the one that I saw the most).

All those shows ever showed was a girl sitting in a dim lit room with a guy saying something like "Why don't you want to committ to me?"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#115re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:33pm

"All those shows ever showed was a girl sitting in a dim lit room with a guy saying something like 'Why don't you want to committ to me?"

LOL!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#116re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:43pm

OK, the blogs were as horrific as I imagined, but GUESS WHAT? You can become fans of the NYC Prep kids on Facebook. Shockingly, they don't have that many fans. At current count we have:
PC with 454 fans
Sebastian 410
Taylor 210
Kelli 230
Jessi 190
Camille 170

So, everyone head on over to FB and become a fan of your favorite! ROFL. I can't believe I actually took the time to type that all out.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#117re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:49pm

Does it say what PC stands for? Someone could probably make a joke about his name as to how "PC" he really is!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#118re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:51pm

I am pretty sure I heard Jessi refer to him as Peter Carey last week. He's like LC from the Hills. He wants to go by his initials....

Bluemoon
#119re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:53pm

OK, I have a question:

Summer TV being the pits, I'm channel surfing for something new and different these days. If I checked into NYC Prep now, would I be lost or could I figure out who's who and what's what?

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#120re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:55pm

They have only had one episode and Bravo shows everything in a series 1,000,000 times, so you should be fine either way!

There is also going to be some Miam show...I think it's called "Miami Social" and it looks to have the same type of characters just at a later stage in life...though these people may not have been 'born' into the money as the NYC Prep kids are! Updated On: 7/5/09 at 02:55 PM

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#121re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 2:58pm

Bluemoon, just know in advance you will want to punch every one of those kids in the face. But that being said, it is HIGHLY entertaining!!!

Bluemoon
#122re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 3:03pm

"just know in advance you will want to punch every one of those kids in the face"

Being the Dean of Students in a high school.....this might not be the best break from work!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#123re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 3:04pm

But you will probably feel WAY better about the kids in your school after you watch it!! re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

Bluemoon
#124re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/5/09 at 3:04pm

Actually, now that I think about it, they'll probably make me appreciate my kids even more.

Edit: you and I were on the same wavelegnth, Dan. Updated On: 7/5/09 at 03:04 PM

Videos