News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2017 TONY Awards Performances- Page 10

2017 TONY Awards Performances

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#2252017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:24pm

Any word yet on the non-nominated shows? Hoping for performances from any or all of War Paint, Anastasia, and Bandstand. I assume War Paint is sure to perform to highlight their nominated ladies, but I'd love to see the other two perform as well, and would think both could benefit from being on the broadcast.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2262017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/1/17 at 10:49pm

Riedel confirmed that War Paint is performing. Presumably, they will perform "Face to Face."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2272017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:15pm

Someone said Bandstand is performing (Nobody?) and that the Anastasia twitter told someone to stay tuned 

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#2282017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 12:54am

Bandstand is 100% performing. 

Speed
#2292017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 3:19am

I don't know if this was already mentioned but BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and the original MISS SAIGON both just showed prerecorded scenes from their theaters on the Tonys. So precedent has already been set.  Not sure why Tony producers are worried. Also, the Nathan Lane revival of A FUNNY THING..... opened the Tony broadcast live from their theater and then marched through the streets to the theater where the Tony Awards were.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2302017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 3:33am

Speed said: "I don't know if this was already mentioned but BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and the original MISS SAIGON both just showed prerecorded scenes from their theaters on the Tonys. So precedent has already been set.  Not sure why Tony producers are worried. Also, the Nathan Lane revival of A FUNNY THING..... opened the Tony broadcast live from their theater and then marched through the streets to the theater where the Tony Awards were.

"

I think in more recent years they haven't allowed it. Plus the producers of the broadcast have probably changed since then.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#2312017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 8:07am

Rainah said: "reginula said: "ACL2006 said: "Nothing about COME FROM AWAY. makes me believe they haven't decided yet. I'm really hoping they do HEAVE AWAY/SCREECH IN.

"Wouldn't that mean giving away the most upbeat (Sp?) number? I think I would come across weird. I still wonder how the national audience would feel about the "9/11 musical" and seeing that happy number. I think Me and The Sky into Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere would work and still make it appealing to those potential audiences? 
"

I do agree, Screech In would be a mistake. But I also think they need an ensemble number to show off the show itself. Welcome to the Rock is my vote
"

I agree about an ensemble number, but my first real exposure to Come From Away was their performance of "Welcome to the Rock" on one of the late-night shows a couple of weeks ago and it left me feeling indifferent. However, when I saw the actual show the following week, I loved it. I think much of the music from this amazing show must be seen within context for maximum effect (at least that was my experience). I'm an atheist, but I wonder if "Prayer" might be a good song for the Tonys.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Rainah
#2322017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 11:36am

Prayer is very moving, but my worry is that it's also very heavy. CFA is working against the "9/11 musical" angle so I feel like something that celebrates the spirit of Newfoundland would be a good choice. It's got a little bit of lightness ("Fish and chips and shipwrecks! This is Newfoundland!"2017 TONY Awards Performances along with some more serious and meaningful moment (I tear up every time they slide into "you are here, at the start for a moment, on the edge of the world, where the river meets the sea..."2017 TONY Awards Performances

Though admittedly, it would certainly make a statement to see a muslim character praying in prayer, I stil find that very moving (Are there any practicing muslim characters on broadway right now? Have there ever been any?). I think the both make excellent statements though

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#2332017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 11:44am

Rainah said: "I tear up every time they slide into "you are here, at the start for a moment, on the edge of the world, where the river meets the sea..."

That's one of my favorite musical passages in the show.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

JudyDenmark
#2342017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 11:46am

The only thing I could see Come From Away doing besides "Welcome to the Rock" is "38 Planes/Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere." Hummable melody, positive, and features Jenn Colella with a great money note... just a question whether they want to "spoil" the end. (Not that it's really a spoiler... surely no one thinks that they didn't eventually get to fly home, and Nick & Diane is an obvious conclusion.)

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#2352017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 11:50am

JudyDenmark said: "The only thing I could see Come From Away doing besides "Welcome to the Rock" is "38 Planes/Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere." Hummable melody, positive, and features Jenn Colella with a great money note... just a question whether they want to "spoil" the end. (Not that it's really a spoiler... surely no one thinks that they didn't eventually get to fly home, and Nick & Diane is an obvious conclusion.)

"

That could be a good option. And I agree it wouldn't really be a spoiler – it'd basically be like Waitress when they performed the Finale and had Dawn/Ogie and Becky/Cal stand together as couples. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2362017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/2/17 at 12:06pm

I just hope COME FROM AWAY does a number featurimg the entire cast. Was looking forward to the performance on The View this morning but it wasn't the entire cast and they did Me and the Sky.  Yes, Ms. Collella is a womderful talent but I would love to have seen a number featuring the entire cast as I enjoyed every performance in the show equally.. JMO

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2372017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/3/17 at 8:38am

I think they opted to do "Me and the Sky" on The View to feature Colella. Sucks it wasn't the full number either, but I guess they decided to shorten it and do a 2 minute interview right after with Colella & Beverly Bass instead.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Trish2
#2382017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/3/17 at 10:27am

Well, at least we know we'll be seeing one production number; the Rockettes doing "New York, New York." Sure, it isn't Broadway , but the TONYS will at least have that. Plus, with Rob Ashford choreographing the opening number, we can hope for some more dancing!

rjm516
#2392017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/3/17 at 1:56pm

Ugh I would kill for Bandstand to do "Love will come and find me again". IT'S SO GOOD. "Nobody" is fun but meh and not emotionally powerful at all.

Bwayfan12092
#2402017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/4/17 at 9:16am

Trish2 said: "Well, at least we know we'll be seeing one production number; the Rockettes doing "New York, New York." Sure, it isn't Broadway , but the TONYS will at least have that. Plus, with Rob Ashford choreographing the opening number, we can hope for some more dancing!

"Hey Trish2, would you mind sending the link for this? Had heard this was happening (very exciting!) but didn't know it was actually confirmed. Would LOVE to find out more!! 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2412017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:21pm

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in, but celeb appearances are in!

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/188811/lin-manuel-miranda-cynthia-erivo-more-set-to-appear-on-the-2017-tony-awards/

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2422017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:33pm

Surprised it hasn't been leaked what COME FROM AWAY is doing. Any inside info?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#2432017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:36pm

ACL2006 said: "Surprised it hasn't been leaked what COME FROM AWAY is doing. Any inside info?"

Other than DEAR EVAN HANSEN doing "Waving Through a Window," I don't think there's been any confirmation of what other shows are performing. Right?

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

BroadwayConcierge
#2442017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:37pm

In 2016, the Tonys were June 12, and performances were announced (to an extent) on June 8 (4 days before).

In 2015, the Tonys were June 7, and performances were announced on June 3 (4 days before).

Precedent suggests a press announcement about performances might come out tomorrow.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#2452017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/6/17 at 1:49pm

Is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory performing?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
JudyDenmark
#2472017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/7/17 at 10:10pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Not surprised, but David Hyde Pierce IS doing "Penny""

2017 TONY Awards Performances

Updated On: 6/7/17 at 10:10 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#2482017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/7/17 at 10:12pm

Beyond infuriating.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#2492017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/7/17 at 10:22pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2017/06/tony-watch-scott-rudin-on-tony-awards-madness-and-pier-pressure-1202107798/amp/

Not surprised, but David Hyde Pierce IS doing "Penny"

I WANT TO SEE BETTE FVCKING MIDLER!!!!!!!!!!

Updated On: 6/7/17 at 10:22 PM

Videos