News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BEETLEJUICE B'way Remount - Previews & News Thread- Page 10

BEETLEJUICE B'way Remount - Previews & News Thread

Markecib
#225BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 12/30/22 at 11:25pm

ACL2006 said: "ACL2006 said: "Elliot Mattox is making his Beetlejuice debut tonight. Will will be playing the role on Friday and Sunday (they're dark on New Year's Eve)."

Will is apparently having vocal issues and Elliot will be on as Beetlejuice for both shows today. Is Andrew Kober not longer with the show? He was a Beetlejuice standby

"

Kober is out with COVID 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#226BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/2/23 at 5:36pm

Will will be on through Thursday. Would be a shame if Alex isn't cleared by Sunday.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Hairspray0901
#227BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/2/23 at 6:12pm

I'm going this Thursday. Was hoping Alex would be back by then (I last saw the show in 2019) but I'm very excited to see Will! Hopefully Alex is able to return for the final show, at least. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#228BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/2/23 at 6:44pm

Having seen the show a few times, both with Will & Alex, I'd say Will is the better Beetlejuice.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#229BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/5/23 at 12:19pm

Anyone attending Sunday’s final performance?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#230BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/5/23 at 12:58pm

Inching towards off topic: does anyone know if the tour is selling windowcards?

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#231BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/5/23 at 1:32pm

Andrew Kober is scheduled to play Beetlejuice Friday & Saturday.

MattieIce2018
#232BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/5/23 at 6:09pm

Will Blum just shared on his Instagram account that he sustained a vocal injury last week and will not be performing for the remainder of the run.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#233BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/5/23 at 6:34pm

Good thing Kober is back this week. They're down to just him & Elliot for the final week.

MattieIce2018
#234BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/6/23 at 11:57am

Alex will be back tonight! He will only do the evening shows tomorrow and Sunday out of an abundance of caution, and Kober will perform the matinees. https://www.instagram.com/p/CnFGWtluW64/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

yyys
#235BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/6/23 at 12:13pm

Do they do in person rush??

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#236BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/6/23 at 12:43pm

How fun for this show to have had 4 different actors play the lead over a three week period!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#237BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/8/23 at 11:05pm

Anyone go tonight? Their final performance was at 7:30.

Oh look, a bibu!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#238BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/8/23 at 11:18pm

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#239BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/9/23 at 7:50am

Alex Brightman clearly wanted to say something after Timbers was done but I guess Timbers wasn't informed of this. He's typically active on his socials, so I'm surprised he hasn't posted anything regarding the closing

akhoya87
#240BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/9/23 at 10:24am

Some highlights from last night.  (Putting it in spoilers mode because people may see the show for the first time on tour, even though some aren't really spoilers.)

They put a "mini-handbook for the recently deceased" notebook at each seat as a souvenir closing gift.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Alex Brightman got a standing ovation while he was holding up the newspaper at the beginning.  Went for at least a couple of minutes.  Changed some of the words to "Whole Being Dead Thing" to past tense, like "I did this eight times a week," and instead of "who's back in New York City," we got "one last time in New York City."

Leslie Kritzer and Adam Dannheisser got a standing O when they entered the home for the first time as Delia/Charles.  Leslie had a few incredible opt-ups during "No Reason," which got a standing ovation.

Elizabeth Teeter got a standing O for Dead Mom, but it was a little awkward because they transitioned to the next scene immediately, so some people were in the process of getting up while they went on to the next scene.

Everyone broke a few times, which was great to see for a closing show. 

Alex Brightman broke out a yarmulke during the wedding scene in Act II.

In the goodbye scene just before Jump in the Line reprise, Alex Brightman yelled, "Goodbye Broadway!" as he entered the Netherworld.  After a minute or two of applause, Adam Dannheisser deadpanned, "What the **** does that mean?"

Elizabeth choked up in saying "I'm home" at the end of the show.  (This is on her TikTok, I think.)

I'm sure I missed other easter eggs, but this is what I remember.

Updated On: 1/9/23 at 10:24 AM

MattieIce2018
#241BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/9/23 at 10:24am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Anyone go tonight? Their final performance was at 7:30."

I was there - lots of standing ovations. Off the top of my head, Alex’s first line, The Whole Being Dead Thing (during which Alex tried to break Dana Steingold as she was frozen in her final pose), Delia’s entrance (Leslie’s “there’s very good energy in here” got a huge laugh after all that), Lydia’s reveal on the couch (this one was so long that Elizabeth Teeter broke character for a second), Dead Mom, Say My Name (a short one because the orchestra started the playoff music right away), That Beautiful Sound, Barbara 2.0, What I Know Now, and Home (again, short).

other things of note:

• In the opening number, the lyric was changed to “hey folks, ain’t it pretty?/ one last time in New York City!” as well as “I DID this bull**** like 8 times a week.”
  • There were lots of other moments where the actors were just having fun (Leslie Kritzer was humming Baby One More Time to herself at the beginning of the No Reason scene until Lydia entered).
  • after Fright of our Lives, people were applauding for Beetlejuice’s “no one’s like me, Barbara, that’s the problem” so Alex ad libbed “I don’t even know why these people are clapping”
  • During his final exit into the Netherworld, Alex left, came back, said “GOODBYE BROADWAY!” and left again, to which Adam Dannheiser replied (in character), “what the **** does that mean?”
  • Alex and Elizabeth hugged twice for the “you smell disgusting” line because people cheered so much. 
    Elizabeth was crying too much to sing the final “I’m home” in Jump in the Line and barely was able to speak it before everyone onstage hugged her and the lights went out 

there were a few small changes to blocking that were put in place when Alex returned from his concussion - primarily, he did not pop up on the lift to scare the Girl Scout (he snuck up behind her from one of the wings) and was not lifted by the clones at the end of the show. 

Observation
#242BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 1/9/23 at 3:14pm

Anything circulating from Elliott's take? 

Videos