News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 11

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

allshalldelight
#250Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/13/17 at 10:49am

I'm going to NYC the 20th-25th and hoping to see DEH. I land at 10:30 on Tuesday night and was planning on heading to the SRO line from the airport, but it looks like that might not work anymore. If anyone wants to split waiting time or will have any extra tickets for that Wednesday the 21, let me know! Maybe the lines will lighten up next week. *crosses fingers with blind optimism* I'm hoping for two tickets but would take just one.

Molly1776
#251Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/13/17 at 11:04am

Does anyone know if there's a line yet for tomorrow's shows?

Updated On: 6/13/17 at 11:04 AM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#252Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/13/17 at 1:55pm

theatergirl152 said: "Do you think if I lined up at 5am or 6am tomorrow I could get SRO tickets for tomorrow night? I don't live close enough to theater to know what the line is like at different hours

"

Highly unlikely 

#253Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/13/17 at 1:58pm

Any news on what the line is doing today? 

theatergirl152
#254Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/13/17 at 6:56pm

have you been by yet and seen a line?

Molly1776
#255Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/13/17 at 8:08pm

It's 8:03 and there are 4 people in line 

elbwaygirl
#256Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/14/17 at 5:25pm

A friend and I plan to camp out for tickets tonight for tomorrow's (6/15) show and would love to grab two extra for people if they don't mind covering ours. Send me a PM if you're interested!

forgetregret
#257Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:08pm

If anyone is waiting this month and would want your ticket(s) paid for in return for getting me either one or two, please pm me. Most dates would work starting next week. 

settochange Profile Photo
settochange
#258Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:42pm

Willing to wait for anyone willing to cover my ticket! In NYC for the rest of June so pretty flexible. Might be able to get my girlfriend to tag along if you're willing to cover her ticket as well and you're searching for 2 tickets.

Bwaybb621
#259Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 10:24am

I know this is pretty last minute but still willing to pay for anyone's tickets who will get 2 extra standing room for this Sunday, June 18th! Will also include a tip for your time/kindness! PM me if you can do this please! 

yaoqian
#260Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 2:02pm

Hi all! I'll be willing to pay for anyone's standing room tickets who are willing to get an extra sro for me at any weekday evening shows this June! I will be more than happy to bring you coffee/pizza/breakfast! Pm me if you're interested :)

Sydneyolivia
#261Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 2:11pm

I'm heading to NYC next weekend and would like to get tickets for me and my boyfriend for either the matinee or evening Saturday show, the 24'th. If there are two people, individually or together, that would be willing to wait in line for me, i will pay for BOTH OF YOUR TICKETS AND BRING YOU FOOD AND i'm willing to wait in line for you for a few hours like 2-6 am so you can go sleep and have a break. PLEASE I NEED TO SEE THIS SHOW AND IT'S MY ONLY CHANCE!!!!! pm me asap if you are committed!!! much love 

Nicholas Secor Profile Photo
Nicholas Secor
#262Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 2:21pm

6/15 2:30pm: 2 people are lined up already.

femur1995
#263Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 3:30pm

Looking for two SRO tickets July 6, 7, or 8th.  The 8th matinee only.  Willing to buy two tickets for two tickets.  Anyone?  Have to have 2, won't send my 13 year old by himself.  Thanks!

SkylarElizabeth
#264Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 4:12pm

Hi! My friend and I are planning on going on Tuesday, June 20th, or Wednesday, June 21st.   The earliest we can get there is 3 am the day of, so is it worth it to try? If not, would anybody be willing to buy 2 extras (if you have another person with you obviously) so we could buy them from you? We would be willing to throw in a tip! PM me if interested.  

DChedgzoy
#265Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/15/17 at 9:01pm

I'm after an evening ticket for Tuesday the 27th (I fly in at 1pm that day). If anyone can get a second ticket I'd happily cover the cost of yours. I'm only in NYC for a few days, and would love for this to be my first Broadway show! (plus the first show I'd ever see with the original cast).

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#266Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/17/17 at 10:00am

First person in line for today's shows (Saturday, June 17) got there at 2pm yesterday. 

karissa3
#267Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/17/17 at 10:46am

Just curious since you were the first to line up at 2PM, what time did people start lining up behind you?

Thanks!!

chuckydisc
#268Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/17/17 at 11:49am

Can someone give a first-hand account of what the ordeal was last night on The Standing Room line with the people who were trying to add friends, which is basically cutting, at the front of the line and what the eventual outcome was?

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#269Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/17/17 at 3:29pm

Last night, Friday June 16 for Saturday June 17 tickets experience. This is coming from my perspective of someone who waited 18+ for SRO 

The first two people got online at 2pm, next two at 3:30pm, the I got there at 4:15pm and was told by everyone their ticket numbers I would be 9/10 tickets. However the line is confusing at this time because it is the SRO for the next day and the cancellation for the evening show. Between 4:30 and 5:30pm 4 more people arrive for SRO only to bring the line up to 17/18 tickets for the last person, the next SRO wouldn't arrive until 9pm. Around 6pm they separated the lines between cancellation and SRO which helped actually see who was in front which is where the "cutting" started. The people who arrived at 2pm somehow gain in size and now when people would ask how many tickets they were getting the number increased to 5-8 depending on who asked. 

Closer to the end of the show several people behind me got the attention of the house staff to explain what was happening and how this was potentially becoming an issue. In the between there was now three people sitting in the front two spaces. Now of course half the line wanted to watch the stage door happen at the end of the show which is when the House manager yelled at everyone that no one should be adding in front of others in the line and everyone can only get two tickets when the box office opens. Most of the line was like, yes we know this was the rules. However the first people got upset with the staff saying they always had three people, which of course the line disagreed with. The House staff said they only say two people's stuff so they could only get a total of four tickets in the morning and that they would have security on hand in case things escalated. 

After that point they moved us back to our fourth and final location because the theater was cleared and the stage door quieting down and the Marriott did not like that we were moved to their property. 

For the rest of the evening/early morning nothing else occurred. Once the box office staff got there in the morning they were clearly in the know of what had happened the night before with potential cutting. Actually one of the House staff was there at 9am helping the BO staff make sure they knew who was the concerning party. For the last hour of the line there was always of BO staff outside paying attention to anyone who walked to ensure no one was adding to the line ( at this time there was probably 40-50 people total on the line, most being told they would probably not get tickets). There were also three or four Shubert organization security guards wondering the line and talking with people. Once we were able to buy tickets there wasn't any problems, largely because the staff had all been informed and quick to ensure fairness for everyone on the line. 

I hope this helps clarify things and helps others understand that the Music Bix staff does care about the fairness within the overnight line. I wouldn't be surprised if official rules similar to Hamilton don't start coming out after this and others experiences wth this line. Hope this helps and best of luck to any overnight sitters!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#270Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/17/17 at 3:38pm

That's ridiculous. I bet they switch to a lottery or something for standing room if this is what it's going to be like. 

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#271Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/17/17 at 7:21pm

Megs, I'm sorry that those people tried to cut the line...a similar thing happened to us back in January...it is so frustrating! I am so glad that the security people backed you guys up and that you got to see the show! In January, the first few people in line changed their original ticket number and then they tried to let someone cut in line in front of us. We all put up a stink about the line cutter, and thankfully the BO wouldn't sell to her. We did come up short 2 tickets for our group because the first in line changed their numbers and there were less tickets available that day. I don't understand how some people can be so entitled and inconsiderate of others.

Updated On: 6/17/17 at 07:21 PM

femur1995
#272Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/18/17 at 11:59pm

I hate to ask and beat this dead horse...

What is the cancelation line looking like these days?  Do you line up in the same line as the SRO line?

I would love tickets for either Thursday July 6, July 7 or matinee July 8th.  Wondering what time I should get in line, willing to try either.  But can't stand in line all night, so I assume I will be out for SRO.  If it comes to it I will live with one ticket and line share for Saturday show.  Even covering someones ticket if they can take the first long shift.  I can come in at 5 am on Saturday. 

allshalldelight
#273Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/19/17 at 8:49am

I'm going to camp out tomorrow night for tickets to Wednesdays show, any tips on what to bring? I've never camped out for anything before. Are people bringing chairs and blankets and all that? Should I expect to sleep at all? Looking forward to it!

fobee120
#274Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/19/17 at 9:56am

If anyone's planning to line up for SRO for the June 23rd show and willing to get me two tickets, I will gladly cover the cost of your two tickets! PM me if interested.

Videos