News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 12

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#275Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 10:26am

Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

Thanks; it didn't display here for me, but I found it on the website.

I hate seating charts like this because they don't really tell you where the seats are. For example, it shows that orchestra seat 1 is on the center isle, but that's it. There's no indication as to how high the numbers run in each row.

I know, it's frustrating. After some examination of the remaining available seats, I've come up with some numbers: Orchestra row D seats are 1-27 and 2-28, and the front orchestra section widens out to row J, which is 1-31 and 2-32. Orchestra row K to the rear is 1-33 and 2-34. The center dress circle section appears to be 101-127, and the side dress circle sections are 1-13 and 2-14. It looks like the balcony remains approximately the same as on the old seating chart below. Of course, these numbers are approximate, but I believe they're fairly accurate.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#276Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 10:28am

chewbaca said: "I scoured the internet yesterday in search of seat numbers within rows especially in the orchestra. Where I had to wait the 20,000 people in the cue before me, I was in hope of getting one of the $199 seats and getting it in the first 15 rows of the orchestra but not too far on the side. As we all know the Lyric is still undergoing renovation. The L,R,C routine seating plan that once existed, is now broken up into two larger orchestra sections with anaisle between them (how large I do not know).There is currently no theater diagramto indicate the number or the numbered seats for how each row ends (just the beginning in the orchestra on the aisle starts with 1,3,5... or 2,4,6... on the other side of the isle.I was given row L seats 29,31 and was curious if I was at the end of the row, or just near the end of the row, and where the cutoff was for the more expensive seats within my row. What I was able to do, was find out that seat 33 seemed to be at or very near the end of the row (at least in row L of the orchestra). I did this by going in and trying to buy a single seat in the orchestra (as if any are left anyway). Seems the highest number I could get on the “odd side of orchestra was 33. The even side highest number I could get in the orchestra was 32.Thesemay not be the most distant seat from center, but it is the best that I can figure. You would think that spending $850 for 2 seats would entitle you to find outexactly where you are sitting rather than just hoping and guessing. But the seating chart is a sham, not giving you the seat numbers or even the end of the isle seat numbers.

Whether the length of the isles enlongate as you go further back, I cannot tell you. It also appears that the premium seats begin in the center aisle and end approx at seat 23-25, or 24-26 and are $100 more per seat (above my price point). So just being 3 or 4 seats further than the premium seats mademe feel a bit better, but not if we are obstructed in any way. Good luck to all.

"

Looks like you've been doing some seat number investigating, as well!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#277Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 10:39am

CT2NYC said: "After some examination of the remaining available seats, I've come up with some numbers: Orchestra row D seats are 1-27 and 2-28, and the front orchestra section widens out to row J, which is 1-31 and 2-32. Orchestra row K to the rear is 1-33 and 2-34. The center dress circle section appears to be 101-127, and the side dress circle sections are 1-13 and 2-14. It looks like the balcony remains approximately the same as on the old seating chart below. Of course, these numbers are approximate, but I believe they're fairly accurate."

Thank you for taking the time to figure this out. Even if it's not an exact science, it still tells us a lot more than the seating chart does!

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Rakstovall
#278Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 11:45am

CT2NYC said: "Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

I hate seating charts like this because they don't really tell you where the seats are. For example, it shows that orchestra seat 1 is on the center isle, but that's it. There's no indication as to how high the numbers run in each row.

I know, it's frustrating. After some examination of the remaining available seats, I've come up with somenumbers: Orchestra row D seats are 1-27 and 2-28, and the front orchestra section widens out to row J, which is 1-31 and 2-32. Orchestra rowK to the rear is 1-33 and 2-34. The center dress circle section appears to be 101-127, and the side dress circle sections are 1-13 and 2-14. It looks like the balcony remains approximately the same as on the old seating chart below. Of course, these numbers are approximate, but I believe they're fairlyaccurate.

"

Just to add on to this, my seats are ORCH-R Row N and we have seats 34 and 36, so at least row N on the right side goes until seat 36, not sure where that starts but if you're guessing it widens out at row K then it might be K to the rear. If you see a few posts back someone messaged the Lyric Theatre on Facebook and got a response that the dress circle curves around on the sides and overhangs the last couple seats on the far sides, ending at row M, and that the far aisle seat in row M on the left side is seat 33.

allshalldelight
#279Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 11:52am

Does anyone know how long the original cast is going to be in the show? I bought $199 tickets for July, which I can honestly hardly afford. But a friend of a friend has $20 tickets for next February and offered me one. I'm thinking about returning my tickets, but I'm wondering if casting should be a factor in my decision. I'd rather see it sooner obviously, but it's hard to spend $400 when I know I can wait and spend only $40. But I would LOVE to see the original cast.

krmartll
#280Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 11:52am

If you want to know how many seats are in a specific row you can also ask the Lyric. I facebook messaged the Lyric Theatre and they answered me really quickly. I know row G in Orchestra goes up to seat 30 (Right:2-30 even) (Left:1-29 odd)

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#281Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:25pm

I just confirmed with the Lyric Theatre via Facebook Messenger that, indeed, the dress circle has been extended forward, and it now overhangs at orchestra row P.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#282Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:33pm

CT2NYC said: "Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

I know, it's frustrating. After some examination of the remaining available seats, I've come up with somenumbers: Orchestra row D seats are 1-27 and 2-28, and the front orchestra section widens out to row J, which is 1-31 and 2-32. Orchestra rowK to the rear is 1-33 and 2-34. The center dress circle section appears to be 101-127, and the side dress circle sections are 1-13 and 2-14. It looks like the balcony remains approximately the same as on the old seating chart below. Of course, these numbers are approximate, but I believe they're fairlyaccurate.
"

Yesterday I bought seat 35 in row Q of the orchestra, so I think there are probably more seats in the rows behind K.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Nycat63
#283Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:34pm

CT2NYC said: "I just confirmed with the Lyric Theatre via Facebook Messenger that, indeed, the dress circle has been extended forward, and it now overhangs at orchestra row P."

Thanks so much for doing that!  That seems pretty far back...I can't believe that's after it's extended forward!  I think I definitely prefer my orchestra row M seats even if they are a bit to the side, so that helps my decision for June. I'm not sure I'd see well from Dress Row C because I have less than great vision. I'm short so I have to pray for a short person in front of me in the Orchestra, but it beats eye-strain!  

AmeliaBedelia
#284Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:35pm

There's a $130 ticket for February 13 available now. It's in row Y of the orchestra. If someone here hurries, they can probably grab it.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#285Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:35pm

defyingravity11 said: "CT2NYC said: "Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

"

Yesterday I bought seat 35 in row Q of the orchestra, so I think there are probably more seats in the rows behind K.
"

Thanks! I thought that some of the numbers might be off by 1 or 2 seats in some spots.

Updated On: 2/9/18 at 12:35 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#286Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:48pm

Nycat63 said: "CT2NYC said: "I just confirmed with the Lyric Theatre via Facebook Messenger that, indeed, the dress circle has been extended forward, and it now overhangs at orchestra row P."

Thanks so much for doing that! That seems pretty far back...I can't believe that's after it's extended forward! I think I definitely prefer my orchestra row M seats even if they are a bit to the side, so that helps my decision for June. I'm not sure I'd see well from Dress Row C because I have less than great vision. I'm short so I have to pray for a short person in front of me in the Orchestra, but it beats eye-strain!
"

True, but, as you can see in the pic below, it used to overhang REALLY far back, at row T. The fact that it's extended forward makes me feel pretty great about my $40 dress circle row M seat, though, since the balcony overhang shouldn't be worse than it was in row H of the dress circle before the renovation.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#287Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 12:55pm

CT2NYC said: "as you can see in the pic below, it used to overhang REALLY far back, at row T."

Row T is really far back; was this the most "removed" mezzanine in any Broadway theatre?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#288Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 1:13pm

I have to wonder how much more “intimate” the theatre has become. Based on the new Ticketmaster seating chart for POTTER:

It looks like most seats in the last three Center Orch rows have been removed (row Z, YY, ZZ). The Orch aisles are reconfigured, but there are still the same total number of rows as in the old theatre.

The Dress Circle (1st Mez) used to have rows A-H. Now it’s through Row M, apparently overhanging Orch Row P instead of T. The Balcony is still rows A-H.

Maybe the new seats are a little wider so there are fewer seats per row? Or maybe the Balcony has also been moved up by 4 rows like the Dress Circle? I have a feeling Riedel might have been misinformed when the show was first announced. 

Updated On: 2/9/18 at 01:13 PM

DrewJoseph
#289Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 1:23pm

I got ORCH row D seat 25 for the “premium” pricetag of $199. Now I’m really worried its the very last seat of the row and I overpayed big time. Anyone know if 25D is the last seat? I’ve got no facebook so I cannot ask the lyric as others did and am a bit worried being so close to the stage and so far to the side.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#290Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 1:29pm

DrewJoseph said: "I got ORCH row D seat 25 for the “premium” pricetag of $199. Now I’m really worried its the very last seat of the row and I overpayed big time. Anyone know if 25D is the last seat? I’ve got no facebook so I cannot ask the lyric as others did and am a bit worried being so close to the stage and so far to the side."

For what day? I wanted a close end of row seat, heh. I have to imagine they wouldn't sell these as premium if they thought there was going to be any obstruction as far as the view.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#291Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 2:14pm

DrewJoseph said: "I got ORCH row D seat 25 for the “premium” pricetag of $199. Now I’m really worried its the very last seat of the row and I overpayed big time. Anyone know if 25D is the last seat? I’ve got no facebook so I cannot ask the lyric as others did and am a bit worried being so close to the stage and so far to the side. "

I got row D seats 25 and 27, so you at least know you’re not the VERY last seat. I messaged the Lyric and will let you know what they said!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#292Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 3:14pm

Update!

They wrote back and said the seats have a great view and there is no obstruction at all.

nycward
#293Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 4:02pm

I have G 27-29 for the week after the opening. It's clear that all seating is way on the sides for all of us who didn't spring for more than $199 per ticket.. No doubt that any decent seat will be held at a steep premium. Supply and demand and all that. Considering that this should become a hit of Hamiltonion proportions perhaps we should be happy to actually get in to see it before the real craziness ensues. I bought tix for Hamilton in late previews and got a 2nd row Orchestra seat way on the side for $159 per ticket. The view was fine and what you lose in a centered perspective you make up in the intimacy of the closeness. I remember trying to get on queue for the initial London production of Potter as I figured I'd plan a trip from New York to see it. My number on queue  was in excess of 1.2 million!!!!!! I knew then that when it came to New York just grab what you can afford and anticipate the memory of actually seeing it as your friends scream "How did you get tickets????" Ah, the magic of live theatre  :)

Updated On: 2/9/18 at 04:02 PM

DrewJoseph
#294Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 4:28pm

n2nbaby said: "Update!

They wrote back and said the seats have a great view and there is no obstruction at all.
"

Thank you so much! Thats a little relief. Did they tell you how far up the row goes? Is 27 the last seat? 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#295Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 5:13pm

There's 1 premium ticket available on Ticketmaster for Sunday, April 8. Dress circle F 124, $578 for both parts, $610.50 with fees.

Updated On: 2/9/18 at 05:13 PM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#296Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 5:23pm

I got Orch Left, row E seats 25&27. I asked the Lyric on Facebook if those are in fact the last seats on the row... they replied quickly and said "No, you're still 3 seats from the side aisle." Felt relieved -- must mean it goes to 31 -- until 5 minutes later when they messaged again saying "oh, mis-read your message; row E, 25,27 are the farthest side seats. But they're great and not obstructed at all!" 

We'll see. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#297Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 6:10pm

I don't know why the Lyric didn't just release a detailed seating chart to avoid all this aggravation and the involvement of its staff having to answer questions! It just seems ridiculous. Asking people to shell out hundreds of dollars in a theater that no one has ever been in!

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#298Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 6:35pm

Was able to get center aisle seats back in row U for $165 back on the verified code day this past Wednesday. Those were the only seats I could find that were remotely even close to the center that weren't $299 each.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#299Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 6:40pm

macnyc said: "I don't know why the Lyric didn't just release a detailed seating chart to avoid all this aggravation and the involvement of its staff having to answer questions! It just seems ridiculous. Asking people to shell out hundreds of dollars in a theater that no one has ever been in!"

This I agree with. The renovations are (presumably) finished, as the show opens in a month. They could surely release a more detailed map. 

Videos