News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Shut down until June 7

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#275Shut down until June 7
Posted: 4/30/20 at 8:55pm

ArtMan said: "Impossible2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Well maybe Streisand.

Maybe.
"

Nope...only ABBA could get $400 out of me x
"

$400 is nothing now for concerts. When I was pricing Lady Gaga for my now cancelled Las Vegas trip, the nosebleed with fees were $400. The rest of the seats were in the $600 range. The closer seats to the stage were over $800. Before anyone says well that is Vegas and Lady Gaga, floor seats closest to the stage for Janet Jackson and her new tour are $440 plus fees. I paid $100 for fourth row for her last tour. Alicia Keys floor seats are $360 with fees. Elton John's Farewell tour nosebleed is $300 plus fees. Floor seats were in the $500 range. The unfortunate thing is people do pay these prices. Broadway theaters have way less seats. So if the above is the norm with thousands of seats, the prices for a Superstar in a Broadway theater would be at least over a grand.
"

People DID pay those prices. But the economy just shrunk almost 5% in three months and 30 million people are out of work. Those days are over for now.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#276Shut down until June 7
Posted: 4/30/20 at 9:36pm

KKeller6 said: "I don't think it happens at all until "mass gatherings" are acceptable to the politicians, and the main idea would be to make the theatre acceptable to enough patrons, so shows canmake a profit."

That will happen when we have a  vaccine next year - People need certainty and feel safe ...once we have a vaccine will venture back to BWAY~ The new normalcy will happen then ...
Fauci Says It's 'Doable' To Have Millions Of Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine By January

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/30/848478507/fauci-says-its-doable-to-have-millions-of-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-by-january

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 4/30/20 at 09:36 PM

ArtMan
#277Shut down until June 7
Posted: 4/30/20 at 10:19pm

ErikJ972 said: "

People DID pay those prices. But the economy just shrunk almost 5% in three months and 30 million people are out of work. Those days are over for now."

Somebody needs to tell that to the concert promoters then.  Prices haven't been adjusted.   As I post, Ticketmaster is still selling tickets to these events for Summer and Fall with the high ticket price.  And from my monitoring,  people ARE paying those prices.

Updated On: 4/30/20 at 10:19 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#278Shut down until June 7
Posted: 4/30/20 at 11:41pm

Let's just remember that we don't know anything about anything. We don't know the course of the virus; we don't know public attitudes; and we don't know economics. Regarding this last group of comments about who will pay what, I think it is important to sort things out a little. The cold hard truth is that we are a society that has very different economic strata. Some folks will come out of this much richer than they were going in; some will travel through this pandemic relatively unchanged; and some will suffer greatly. Another cold hard truth is that very few of those 30% unemployed were buying $400/600/800/1000 tickets before, and they won't be after. I don't pretend to have the answers that matter, but I think it is important to maintain an awareness. I don't think the question is whether there are people who will pay high prices in the future; I think the question is when they will be comfortable doing so, and for what..

Theatrefanboy1
#279Shut down until June 7
Posted: 5/1/20 at 1:14pm

So with layout they have in place now. And going off of similar cities. It really does appear that broadway will not be reopening until January after the Christmas/New Years “rush”. I was hoping for a opening the theatres back by end of September but my guess is rehearsals and ticket sales will only begin around that time. I hope this isn’t the life being pulled out of a bunch of shows.

I do know a lot of people as well who simply won’t be able to afford to drop those prices either now on a night out. Here we are reopening. And they are suggesting that upwards of 35-40% of businesses either won’t be able to keep afloat or close in by the end of 2021 due to financial constraints.

Videos