News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight- Page 14

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#325Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 12:32am

Man Who Wants To Put Children Into Concentration Camps Gets Booed At Theater

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#326Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 12:48am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "What really divides the country is beliefs some people hold that go against the very ideals upon which it was founded and serve to justify their myopic vision of greatness and mask their jingoistic vanity.

Well now you're just word vomiting all over the place. Someone get a mop. 

"

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#327Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 1:32am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "And here's the video of the protests

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800120955439878144

And this guy is trying to tarnish LMM pathetically 

(LMM was quoting A CHORUS LINE)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800501309304696832

(LMM was mentioning IN THE HEIGHTS)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800499403102580736

I saw that video last night.  That's not the RRT theater.  Too many lanes of traffic, 46 St isn't that wide.  It looks like 6th Ave, there's a blur of the Hilton Hotel logo and I saw the "LOVE" sculpture on 55 St. maybe from election night because one sign reads Vote Trump.  

Updated On: 11/21/16 at 01:32 AM

broadwayguy91
#328Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 2:03am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "And here's the video of the protests

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800120955439878144

And this guy is trying to tarnish LMM pathetically 

(LMM was quoting A CHORUS LINE)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800501309304696832

(LMM was mentioning IN THE HEIGHTS)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800499403102580736

I saw that video last night.  That's not the RRT theater.  Too many lanes of traffic, 46 St isn't that wide.  It looks like 6th Ave, there's a blur of the Hilton Hotel logo and I saw the "LOVE" sculpture on 55 St. maybe from election night because one sign reads Vote Trump.  

"

I guess Trump supporters are so stupid they can't even figure out how to use a GPS.

schubox
#329Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 3:26am

They're now calling BVD a rapist 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#330Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 3:52am

GreasedLightning said: "Dancingthrulife2 said: "What really divides the country is beliefs some people hold that go against the very ideals upon which it was founded and serve to justify their myopic vision of greatness and mask their jingoistic vanity.

Well now you're just word vomiting all over the place. Someone get a mop. 

"

"

Sorry if this is beyond your reading level. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#331Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 3:58am

schubox said: "They're now calling BVD a rapist "

you realize these people have no basis in fact right

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

broadwayguy91
#332Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 4:19am

schubox said: "They're now calling BVD a rapist 

"

the irony. 

schubox
#333Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 4:22am

gypsy101 said: "schubox said: "They're now calling BVD a rapist "

"

They're basing it off a tweet of his 

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5e25km/mfw_i_advocate_raping_women_on_twitter_but_i_get/?st=IVRV63CZ&sh=130882ab

broadwayguy91
#334Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 4:34am

schubox said: "gypsy101 said: "schubox said: "They're now calling BVD a rapist "

"

They're basing it off a tweet of his 

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5e25km/mfw_i_advocate_raping_women_on_twitter_but_i_get/?st=IVRV63CZ&sh=130882ab

"

*roll eyes*

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#335Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:02am

Can someone explain that text to me?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Back Row
#337Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:13am

Trump uses Twitter to unleash his Brownshirts against anyone who dares to criticize him. We've seen this before....

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#338Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:22am

To their defense for once, the BVD tweet does sound bad.

Lina Lamont
#339Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:32am

To confirm what Jordan said a few messages ago, there was a small protest outside of the Richard Rodgers after the show last night. Before the show there was just a single man standing across the street with a "Boo the Cast" sign. There were a lot of news crews around interviewing people about whether they had considered giving up their tickets in light of the recent events.

After the show, about 8 people stood on the sidewalk directly outside with American flags, Trump signs, and "Boo the Cast" signs.  I heard quite a few shouts along the lines of "Where is the apology?  Apologize!" but I can't say I stuck around to look too closely or engage in any way.

Updated On: 11/21/16 at 07:32 AM

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#340Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:36am

Glad Im not the only one who has ni idea what that tweet means, but why the **** would you tweet that anyway

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#341Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:50am

I'm going to Hamilton tonight and during curtain call I'm going to stand up, put my arms wide, hush the audience and ask for a moment.

Then I am going to pick an actor of choice, and lecture him about some of his beliefs. After I incited the audience to grab their phones to film it, of course. Then I thank him for the show and hope he enjoyed my presence.

Then, tomorrow, I am going to post here that he didn't have to listen if he didn't want to.

Updated On: 11/21/16 at 07:50 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#342Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:54am

He didn't criticize anyone's beliefs....did you even READ the statement?   It simply asked that he remember ALL the people of the united states.

And since, Pence said he wasn't offended....why the hell are you???

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

broadwayguy91
#343Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 7:57am

Dave28282 said: "I'm going to Hamilton tonight and during curtain call I'm going to stand up, put my arms wide, hush the audience and ask for a moment.

Then I am going to pick an actor of choice, and lecture him about some of his beliefs. After I incited the audience to grab their phones to film it, of course. Then I thank him for the show and hope he enjoyed my presence.

Then, tomorrow, I am going to post here that he didn't have to listen if he didn't want to.

"

except everyone, including the cast, will ignore your irrelevant ass and let you speak to thin air. #byefelicia.

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#344Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:00am

Sounds like fun Dave28282 - any clue as to which particular actor's beliefs offend you so much? Though as Dramamama stated a more direct comparison would be if you stood up and shared your apprehension, but optimism for the collective future of ALL your fellow citizens.

moot point though as I'm pretty sure the theatre will be quite quiet tonight. At least you'll be assured your moment in peace though 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#345Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:13am

Not sure yet, maybe some cast member that has different views than me or said something publicly or on twitter that did not suit me.

I am glad that it is officially allowed now. I just hope we don't have to take turns as every cast member and audience member has something to say. Maybe we need a schedule.
Updated On: 11/21/16 at 08:13 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#346Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:24am

Dave28282 said: "I'm going to Hamilton tonight and during curtain call I'm going to stand up, put my arms wide, hush the audience and ask for a moment."

Yeah... I'm sure as the one person in the audience standing during the curtain call, you'll get everyone's attention.

cmassoud
#347Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:28am

I've lurked here for years but this thread finally drove me to make an account so I could participate!

I think part of the problem might be that the trump voters or pence sympathizers here who keep saying things like "lecture him about his beliefs" don't understand that for a lot of us Trump's and Pence's 'beliefs' are literally abhorrent and unacceptable in every way. Which isn't an agree to disagree thing.

The cast of Hamilton was very respectful, especially considering they had to perform for that man. They didn't harass him or lecture him, like many are claiming, it was just a plea. I think about Javier, latino/gay/hiv+, how would he feel performing for Pence after the rhetoric of this campaign season?

Also I saw somebody mention Syria as if it's not related to all of this. As if Trump's friend Putin is not currently bombing children's hospitals in Aleppo. As if he hasn't stated outright that his administration will support Putin and Assad. You mentioned it like we are short sighted or our problems are insignificant compared to those in war zones. Trump's presidency is a literal disaster for Syria. So I'm not sure what you were trying to prove there. Do Trump supporters really think that his presidency only effects America.

mar6411
#348Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:31am

Dave 28282 is the former Dave19.  So he has a long history.  Always remember him from his Dave19 days - not as a new poster.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#349Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:32am

haterobics said: "Dave28282 said: "I'm going to Hamilton tonight and during curtain call I'm going to stand up, put my arms wide, hush the audience and ask for a moment."

Yeah... I'm sure as the one person in the audience standing during the curtain call, you'll get everyone's attention.

"

Oh, I have my methods for that.

Videos