News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!- Page 15

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#350WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 4:19pm

Donthatecongratulate is embarrassing.

Baileyboo
#351WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 4:41pm

And has made it crystal clear he/she is 100% shill.
That's cool. Still welcome.

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#352WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 5:01pm

You are all adorable. Hi Mark Shenton!

With Irma you gotta do something!

eileen6 Profile Photo
eileen6
#353WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 5:23pm

Well I usually go after the preview and I never read reviews. It's only since I came on here that I started to even look at other people's opinions. I have gone to three previews and this was the first time a Director came out before the play and I still stand by what I said earlier, he is a class act. So now he comes out gives his little talk about certain things that might or might not be apparent and I figured oh 8h-t this is really going to be a waste. I looked for areas of errors and for the first act I was so apprehensive I was not enjoying myself. When I stopped looking I started to enjoy and I really did enjoy all of it. What a state of affairs people critizing the accents, the dignity of the actors, the price of the tickets. Well you know the price going in do you expect a refund if you don't like it? You know how many plays I paid $125 and up for and thought they weren't worth a dime? I am not rich but I took a chance and so it wasn't what I expected so what that's life. One more thing whoever of you thought it was just horrific that they were selling Patti Lupone's book at the memorablia stand oh please get the hell over it. If I remember they were selling James Michner's book at South Pacific oh I know he's gone but what's the difference it is a nice little plus for anyone who is not acquainted with the work behind the musical. Maybe they shouldn't have been selling the DVD of the movie either at either South Pacific or WOTV. More than anything I want to see this do well now just to see what some will whine about next.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#354WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 5:39pm

LOL. To paraphrase eilenn, "When I stopped caring about quality, it was fine."

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Bway Secrets

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#355WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 5:43pm

^ Hmmmm. I wonder if that's really true?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#356WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 5:51pm

I hope not, it would be kind of sad because of all the praise she gave Benanti in her book.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 10/11/10 at 05:51 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#357WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 6:12pm

Well in their last production it was Patti who got to steal the show. Now things seem to be reversed...

kyle4
#358WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 6:39pm

i feel bad for patti

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW?!!!!!

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#359WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 6:53pm

I wouldn't feel too bad for Patti my dear. She has two TONY awards and a cult following.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#360WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 6:53pm

i feel bad for my ass.

bwaylvsong
#361WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 7:05pm

I feel bad for aas' ass.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#362WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 7:32pm

kyle4 is starting to sound like CountA.

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#363WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 7:53pm

I suppose they are actors, but Patti and Laura would have to be doing a brilliant job faking a friendship, as they seemed very close on Sunday. They both walked out of the stage door together joking with each other.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#364WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 7:56pm

^ Out of total curiosity, was Patti taking pictures with fans?

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#365WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:06pm

Patti seems to always be raving about Laura, particularly in her book, and I highly doubt that Patti would be the kind of person to "fake nice" with somebody. I don't remember the exact quote but I believe Patti called Laura a gem.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#366WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:08pm

^ Good point. Patti seems like the last person to fake a friendship.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#367WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:11pm

Patti and Laura have been through the ringer together on GYPSY and both came out with Tonys. They are war buddies. They aren't going to end a friendship over a crappy musical. They are in it to win it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ghostlight2
#368WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:14pm

The Broadway Secrets rumor is absolutely untrue. Quite the opposite.

edited to add: my God, Reginald, you're right. Updated On: 10/11/10 at 08:14 PM

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#369WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:40pm

OFF TOPIC: I attended Patti's book discussion/signing here in Boston today. She read three passages, answered a few questions, signed everyone's book. It was a lovely time.

Someone, an old classmate of hers who knew her since they were 5, requested that she sing a song and she declined because she said she was ill and had just started previews. She coughed quite a bit but didn't look terribly ill.

I don't think LuPone will call out, but just thought I'd mention it.

eileen6 Profile Photo
eileen6
#370WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:48pm

LOL. To paraphrase eilenn, "When I stopped caring about quality, it was fine."

Don't know if this reply was for me but if it is paraphrasing what I had to say it is totally off. But you figured me out I just am mindless and easily swayed. NOT. I was a little apprehensive but gave it a chance and it has great qualities.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#371WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 8:53pm

Why would Patti sing at a book signing at the request of a kindergarten friend? It was gracious of Patti to feign illness rather than say, "are you f@#kin' kidding me, it's my one day off from singing!!" Bravo Patti. PS, she ain't sick, she was being gracious.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#372WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 9:09pm

would they be considered in the same Tony category? or is one of them considered a 'lead'? How would that even work? how would the breakdown lead vs. featured be for these roles?

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#373WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 9:09pm

While waiting to get into the venue, someone asked me if I thought Patti would sing and since the discussion/signing was being held in a church - I said, "Not without a piano accompaniment".

Her old friend asked her to sing a song and then if not at the very least their old school anthem/cheer, to which she made HIM sing it alone and when he finished she said "I never sang that!"

:)

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#374WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
Posted: 10/11/10 at 9:15pm

"...she made HIM sing it alone and when he finished she said "I never sang that!"

I LOVE THAT!

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Videos