News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut - Page 2

Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut

sara
#25Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut
Posted: 9/26/10 at 10:15am

I was there last night as well [at the 8 oclock show]I thought he was fabulous as did my usually hyper critical husband.Rebecca Luker,Danny Burstein's wife was there and sang a duet with him of "People Will Say We're In Love"...because as he said with a smile, it gave him a chance to play an american cowboy...that along with the other songs mentioned above were the highlights for me as well.So glad to hear he will be back at the Carlyle !

PauloFanClem Profile Photo
PauloFanClem
#26Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut
Posted: 9/27/10 at 5:31am

February? Will it extend to March? So want to see his performance (though I know ticket prices are like sky high, time to save money...).

As for Women on the Verge, he was listed for the reading, but withdrawn at the end. Maybe he's really packed with operatic engagements (which to me is not a bad thing). But yes, he should come back to Broadway as soon as possible!

sara
#27Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut
Posted: 9/27/10 at 10:43am

The Carlyle room is squarish and quite intimate.The seats at the Bar which are behind the center tables are still extremely close to the stage.I understand they charge $40 for a seat at the Bar.So if you nurse a drink it should not be prohibitively expensive.But you will have to get there early because a couple of the bar seats are behind a column and you dont want to be stuck with one of those.If you go with friends and take a table DO NOT EAT this is what makes it so costly.I was at the dinner show at a table and many people at tables near me did not eat just had a few drinks

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#28Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut
Posted: 9/27/10 at 6:55pm

I was at the 10:45 show and got one of the 2 best bar seats (I was second in line, arriving at 10 pm). I spent $45 on the ticket (Saturday night is $5 more), $15 on a cocktail and tipped about $8 (it was confusing-tips for bartender and captain were separate). I think I spent $72 after taxes and tips. Not all that bad for a wonderful show that I'd been dying to see anyway!

eileen6 Profile Photo
eileen6
#29Paulo Szot - Cafe Carlyle debut
Posted: 9/27/10 at 7:32pm

I was there on a Thursday night and my work buddy and I figured get dinner and the whole nine yards. I'm widowed and the person I am seeing cares less about theater and was reluctantly commiting to going. ( so it was hit the bricks time ) it was just two grand-mas and like I said the food was so-so but we did order a few drinks and the bill was steep but who cares so now we are already saving for the anticipated return. He was worth every dime. I felt like I was on clouds for days after, is this a bad sign?

Videos