News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Barbra's Tour

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#25Barbra's Tour
Posted: 7/26/16 at 5:53pm

Yep, l let it go once they made things right. I'm a "it's the principle of the matter" kind of girl. It was never about the money. What's fair is fair and they fixed it. Good on them. All is good now. I would've still enjoyed the show but nice to know they acknowledged the issue.

Wildcard
#26Barbra's Tour
Posted: 7/26/16 at 5:57pm

I wish they would do that for the LA show. I have seats in the 300 level and now for the same price, I could have been in the 100 level

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#27Barbra's Tour
Posted: 7/26/16 at 7:16pm

Try calling the box office, you never know!

Wildcard
#28Barbra's Tour
Posted: 7/28/16 at 12:42pm

I called the Staples Center in LA and they said their "policy" was no refunds or upgrades

10086sunset
#29Barbra's Tour
Posted: 7/28/16 at 8:07pm

If anyone is interested in the two Brooklyn shows, Ticketmaster added some more tickets.

Good news is they added the lowest price point, $104.50

Bad news is that they are side/limited view.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#30Barbra's Tour
Posted: 7/29/16 at 3:14am

I was about to purchase two tickets. But then there was a facility fee of $40 per ticket. I couldn't get myself to pay $420 for a $370 ticket. I don't charge facility fees when people come to my house and neither should Barclay.The tickets are steep enough without a facility fee.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#31Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:02pm

So my dad randomly made it to an invite only "run through" of some sort tonight in L.A. He just called to tell me he's 15th row center! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh He's not going to remember all the details this board wants to know but I'll update what he is able to recall afterwards.

jo
#32Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:44pm

Were any songs featured in her new album sung?  Can he recall which ones, if any?

Thanks to you and your Dad!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#33Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 12:01am

It's going on right now.  It seems everyone on my Facebook is in this invited dress tonight .

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#34Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 2:33am

"It was very nice. A lot of big stars, you know... Hollywood. There must have been at least 5,000 people and it was very nice. She sang some songs from some of her albums and there were a few surprises. It was a long concert, maybe 2 1/2 hours. It was very nice." - dad   LOL

Thankfully I know of some other people there too - so maybe more tomorrow! Good night. 

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#35Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 10:05am

Anyone else have any updates or hear anything about last night! I'm dying to hear more about it!!!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#36Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 10:06am

Going tonight and I'm so excited.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#37Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 12:22pm

My friend Larry said it was very nice but very long.  That's all I got out of him.  He said cuts need to be made .  I go tonight,

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#38Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 1:42pm

He also said the second act dress is horrendous and it was falling apart and that she kept joking about it.   So I guess the dress will be gone tonight.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#39Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 9:43pm

Dame, I am so jealous but I am so waiting for your review or observations in general!!

10086sunset
#40Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/2/16 at 10:28pm

MichelleCraig said: "Dame, I am so jealous but I am so waiting for your review or observations in general!!

"

Agreed, waiting to hear all that Dame has to say!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#41Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 3:27am

It was great overall. In act one there was this magician that no one has ever heard of, who wasted like 20 minutes of our time. We wanted it to end so bad. I think barbra used him to get some vocal rest or something. Loved her broadway numbers. Glad i got to see a legend. 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#42Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 3:27am

It was great overall. In act one there was this magician that no one has ever heard of, who wasted like 20 minutes of our time. We wanted it to end so bad. I think barbra used him to get some vocal rest or something. Loved her broadway numbers. Glad i got to see a legend. 

ComingUpRoses2 Profile Photo
ComingUpRoses2
#43Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 4:11am

Any Gypsy material?

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#44Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 4:28am

Nothing from GYPSY. We did get three Sondheim selections: Being Alive, Losing My Mind, and Children Will Listen. The voice isn't what it once was but she's in magnificent control of it. She relied heavily on scripted banter (and a few bizarre detours like the aforementioned magician) but when Barbra delivers, she REALLY delivers. She was in fine form tonight and I was not disappointed.

I'd advise anyone looking for tickets to keep checking StubHub, especially on the day of the show. A number of the $100 seats (and above) were going for as little as $50-75. Staples Center was pretty full, but as of this morning almost 1,000 seats were left on the resale market and prices steadily went down during the day.

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#45Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 4:45am

Set List

ACT ONE

The Way We Were
Everything 
Being at War With Each Other
Everything Must Change
Stoney End
Woman In Love
Enough is Enough
Evergreen w/ BABYFACE 
You Don't Bring Me Flowers
Being Alive 
Papa Can You Hear Me

ACT TWO

Pure Imagination w/ Seth Macfarlane
Who Can I Turn To? w/ Anthony Newley
Losing My Mind
Climb Every Mountain w/ Jamie Foxx
Isn't This Better
How Lucky Can You Get
With One More Look at You
Children Will Listen
Don't Rain On My Parade
People
Happy Days Are Here Again

Barbra's Tour

RussT2
#46Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 8:58am

I can't wait. My mother is 78 and a lifelong Streisand fan. She's from Brooklyn but she's never seen Barbra before because she would never spend that kind of money for a ticket. For her birthday in June I surprised her with tickets and we're going to the first night at Barclays. It's the most I've ever spent on concert tickets before, but I'm making her dream come true and I can't wait to watch her face watching Barbra.

Updated On: 8/3/16 at 08:58 AM

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#47Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 10:16am

Sounds great, there's a lot of different material from her last concert! Although I always wish she performed some more Funny Girl material (My Man, Greatest Star, Music that Makes Me Dance, etc.) Can anyone comment about what kind of merchandise they had for sale?

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#48Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 12:10pm

I only saw T-shirts at the merch stand (think they were $40). There may have been programs too.

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#49Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/3/16 at 1:14pm

There were done of T-shirts.   $40 for all it seemed.    I bought the program- also $40 but a huge, gorgeous book with tons of photos and copies of artifacts from her career including her audition notification for Rogers and Hammerstein, a telegram from Jule Styne as well as lists and notes.  It is a mix of standard photos we've seen and new ones not seen by me.

There were no baseball caps but they had beret's.   There was a candle (you can sing your own version of Papa, Can You Hear Me) and a couple other random items.  Barbra's Tour

Videos