News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

calling all movin out fans!!- Page 2

calling all movin out fans!!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#25re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:03am

Saw it on tour with my Dad, and we both loved it.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

bostonbroadwayfan
#26re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:14am

I loved it, saw the national tour twice and have a huge crush on Holly Cruikshank. I'm hoping to get to NYC before the show closes and I always have the soundtrack( oops! cast recording) in my cd player.
Liked 99 pct of the arrangements of Billy's songs.

PS. Have seen Billy Joel numerous times in concert.

Updated On: 8/30/05 at 10:14 AM

YankeesFan175
#27re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:54am

melinda2, who is the new pianoman replacing? darren or matt?

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

YankeesFan175
#29re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:39am

re: calling all movin out fans!!

that was matt wilson

http://www.darrenholden.com/enter.shtml

theres darren holden.

it would have been one of those 2 i would imagine. (sorry, i have no idea how to upload pictures)

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

melinda2 Profile Photo
melinda2
#30re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:41am

Hi YankeesFan175, James Fox started with MO in April this year by doing a few of the shows on Broadway and, after a brief break due to other commitments, has been with tour since then. I think that Matt Wilson quit the tour in Dallas. Darren is still in the show and is now alternating with James.
If you'd like to know more there's lots of info about Mr Fox on his website at www.jamesfox.biz

YankeesFan175
#31re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:43am

oh, ok, thanks a lot! im glad darrens still with the tour b/c i saw him and thought he was great!

EDIT: wow hes good looking!!!

Updated On: 8/30/05 at 11:43 AM

YankeesFan175
#33re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:56am

well then it probably wasnt darren b/c darren does not look 40. i dont know who it wouldve been then b/c i saw the run in may will darren/matt. (i saw darren who was fabulous)

NoOneMournsTheLauren
#34re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 3:47pm

I saw the original Michael Cavanaugh on broadway twice...OMG. UGH. MOVIN OUT IS THE GREATEST THING...EVER. I was literally OBSESSED with Movin Out for like 3 years........ugh. It's absolutely amazing...plus I'm a ballet dancer...so it was incredible. I LOVE Billy Joel too...Definately the best dancing show...ever. And by far one of the greatest musicals ever. EEK! Love it. Love it. Love it.

Oh and favorite song? That's way too hard...Shameless...or...Just the Way You Are...or...I love the dance to the Stranger...I love it all. WOOT!

bostonbroadwayfan
#35re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 3:55pm

I loved how they combined River of Drams, Keeping the Faith and Only the Good Die Young in act two.
The only thing I hated was "We Didn't Start The Fire"

YankeesFan175
#36re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:03pm

i thought we didnt start the fire was cool b/c of the intense music and just what was going on.

Updated On: 8/30/05 at 04:03 PM

Theaterlover2 Profile Photo
Theaterlover2
#37re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:15pm

just here to say YAY! to all Movin' Out Fans..I haven't seen it, but i hear its wonderful and I love Billy Joel. very cool idea YankeesFan175
-Theaterlover2

This is wanting something This is reaching for it This is wishing that a moment would arrive- LITP everybody goes down well with beer!-sweeney Todd Listen to the stories Hear it in the songs Angry men don't write the rules and guns don't right the wrongs!-Assassins

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#38re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:24pm

I LOVE MOVIN' OUT!!! Its such an incredible show. Totally start a fan club..id be the first to join

YankeesFan175
#39re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 6:41pm

thanks theaterlover2! anyone whos seriously up for being a member of the MOVERS can PM me. granted, wed only have about 12 members, but why not?! (gosh im strange, but the idea of starting a fan club is so appealing)

Updated On: 8/30/05 at 06:41 PM

thenextfiyero Profile Photo
thenextfiyero
#40re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 7:52pm

i saw Movin' Out twice and it was totally awesome. I went with my friend Kim last time and it was better than the first. We're going for the final performance and we're totally syked! The CD is running in my player 24/7. So yea Movin' out fan club, hell yea!
Updated On: 8/30/05 at 07:52 PM

Yankeefan007
#41re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 8/30/05 at 8:01pm

I'm in...ive seen the show twice, and will be seeing it again, many times before it closes.

YankeesFan175
#42re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 9/3/05 at 7:03pm

bump. join people, join! just post the love for movin out!

Updated On: 9/3/05 at 07:03 PM

Broadwayballerina Profile Photo
Broadwayballerina
#43re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 9/3/05 at 9:48pm

i love movin out...joinin

"I look before I leap I love margins and discipline I make lists in my sleep Baby what's my sin?"- Joanne, Rent

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#44re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 9/3/05 at 9:52pm

Woohoo go movers!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

CarolB Profile Photo
CarolB
#45re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 9/8/05 at 5:14pm

James Fox certainly is good looking, but take away the wrapping and the guy inside is every bit as special too, very warm and genuine, and extremely talented. I was lucky enough to make the trip from England with a few of his fans for his Broadway debut, to say I was very proud standing there with his family as he received a very vocal standing ovation from an audience hearing his name and his voice for the first time would be an understatement. We saw him do three shows in all, each better than the last, my expectations were high, we'd heard him cover BJ's songs many times, but WOW he blew me away!! A BJ fan we spoke to called him awesome and said he sung the songs better than BJ himself, that's quite a recommmendation! The feedback from the tour venues is that he's getting better each show, America loves him and he loves America I've never seen him so happy! Catch him if you can, the show is brilliant too! If I could afford it I'd join the tour with him. If anyone does get to see him in the show, a review on our messsage board on www.jamesfox.biz would be really appreciated if you wouldn't mind! Unfortunately, few of his fans will get to see him do this show and we are always keen for news on how he's doing. He posts us messages himself from most venues when he can, but to hear a review from outside of our 'James World' is always nice. If you don't see the show, come and join us anyway, all new members are always welcome and there's plenty of his music and video to sample and download, and a gallery full of photos too!

That's him on the left there!! Look at that smile, a man very happy in his work! The photo was taken by one of our members in a bar in Minneapolis when he joined them for a drink after the show, appreciative of the support we give him as always!

Since James has educated me in the talents of Billy Joel I have become a fan myself so I really enjoyed the show for it's music, seeing James on that stage playing the music he loves with BJ's band was the just the icing on the cake. James saw BJ in concert on TV at 7 years old, knew then what he wanted to do and started piano lessons. BJ has been his idol since that day and has been much of the inspiration behind his music. I can't get back to America sadly, I'm just hoping that they bring the show over to London next year when Broadway closes, and that James gets to be the main Piano Player. My fingers are crossed, but if James does bring it to London, I might just need to get a season ticket. If the show comes to your town, don't miss it! Tell James CarolB sent you to check himout!! lol!

Updated On: 9/8/05 at 05:14 PM

rose&lark
#46re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 10/10/05 at 9:58pm

I love this show--I came home from seeing the National Tour and could not stop smiling! Brilliant choreography that really enhanced Billy Joel's music, great songs, and such energy and emotion! I'm so sad to know that it will close!

Q: What is the most weirdest or funniest thing a fan has asked you? Joe Flanigan, Stargate Atlantis: When a fan asked me for help with his grammar. I'm available.

rose&lark
#47re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 10/22/05 at 11:13pm

Giving this thread a BUMP since we're getting closer and closer to it closing *sniffle*

Q: What is the most weirdest or funniest thing a fan has asked you? Joe Flanigan, Stargate Atlantis: When a fan asked me for help with his grammar. I'm available.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#48re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 10/23/05 at 1:13am

LOVES IT!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#49re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:59pm

I just e-mailed Holly Cruikshank the other day, and got an e-mail back from her, so now, I'm in a Movin' Out mood. I wasn't able to see the show on Broadway (very disappointed), but I saw it on tour, and was astounded. Holly Cruikshank was absolutely amazing. Anytime she was on stage, you just could not take your eyes off of her. I cannot wait to see the show again when it returns back to Tampa in February. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of the cast this time around.

I absolutely adore this show.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#50re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 12/25/05 at 5:04pm

I found the show in TO inconsistant. When it was good it was VERY good ( & all the dancers were top o the game) Then it could go mediocre so quick- The story is slight as a web really doesn't support character development. Still the dancers did what they could and when they had Ms Tharps's highly individualized style to go with they were smokin! I coulda done w some of the Strange stuff like "Captain Jack" -underone Fosse ( and not good Fosse @ that!)

Jules414 Profile Photo
Jules414
#51re: calling all movin out fans!!
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:05pm

i am a mover as well.

Videos