News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Reputable voice teachers in NYC?- Page 2

Reputable voice teachers in NYC?

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#25re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:51pm

Peter Van Derick is an amazing teacher.

dr_jekyll Profile Photo
dr_jekyll
#26re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:58pm

Bruce Kolb is wonderful. (And located on the Upper West Side.)

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#27re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:58pm

Years again, the best teacher I had ever met, for me (of course) was a great man named George Axiltree. When I returned to New York, a couple of years ago; I was deeply saddened to learn George has passed on a few years previously. I thought it may be difficult to find so exceptional a teacher as George . . . but, I was mistaken!

A friend of mine here in New York recommended me to her teacher. Now, I am a rather new student with Tania Travers . . . and my friend, and others (*wink), are absolutely right -- she is AMAZING!

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa
Updated On: 11/8/07 at 03:58 PM

DramaLady2010
#28re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 6:44pm

Melissa Hart.
love. her.

DramaLady2010
#29re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 6:46pm

oh and even though I myself am female, I've heard what she's done with her male students and of course, they've turned out fabulously.

broadwayboy1017
#30re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 7:08pm

Celeste Simone is one of the best out there. SHe works with Chita and a bunch of other huge people.

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#31re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 7:11pm

Joan Lader is by far the best voice teacher in the city. Her technique is INCREDIBLE. She has taught me so much. She teaches Patti LuPone, Sutton Foster, and Celia Keenan-Bolger, to give you some of her clientèle... re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?She is a vocal goddess.

bwaylvsong
#32re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 8:16pm

AngActing, I believe George Axiltree was my uncle's teacher.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#33re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:29pm

what does joan lader charge?

JasonM12480
#34re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:56pm

During my time at Shenandoah University, I worked with Jeanette LoVetri, owner of The Voice Workshop in New York. Many of her students have appeared on Broadway. Visit www.thevoiceworkshop.com for more details. I recommend her highly.

new7
#35re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/21/07 at 9:01pm

where is Tania ravers located?

jake6970
#36re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/21/07 at 9:12pm

I don't think Joan is taking any new students.

new7
#37re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/22/07 at 9:22pm

anybody know where her studio is?

i_love_megan
#38re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/22/07 at 9:35pm

if im taking a trip to new york, if one of those voice teachers are available, do they take one time students?

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#39re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/22/07 at 9:43pm

Make sure whichever teacher you choose matches what you're looking for in terms of technique. I LOVE Tanya Travers - she's Idina Menzel's voice teacher, but no teacher is going to be right for everyone. Do you want a more "b'way belt" or "legit"?

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

new7
#40re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/22/07 at 10:07pm

Since you've studied with Tania, maybe you can tell me where shes located? :)

i_love_megan
#41re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 10/22/07 at 10:08pm

yes i know celeste i took a workshop with her, i was wondering if she may take a one time student

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#42re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 11/8/07 at 9:09pm

can anyone who has studied with victoria clark PM me??

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#43re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 11/8/07 at 10:19pm

Tania Travers is in New York City, Upper West Side.

Does she take on one-time students? You can call her from wherever you are and ask her. I know she'd talk to you . . . that's for sure.

She's listed in the New York City phone book, or call 411 and ask for her listing. She's great and will certainly answer any questions herself.

She's terrific!

AKDPerformer Profile Photo
AKDPerformer
#44re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 12:53am

Virginia Sandifur (OBC of Follies) is my voice teacher and she's fantastic. Teaches wonderful techniques.

"We need people not to come to Broadway shows wearing shorts and flip-flops. We are working hard up here folks. Find a pair of socks."-Joanna Gleason "I hear L. Ron Hubbard is gonna blow the ladies...and all that jazz! C'mon babe! We're gonna unicorn hug, I bought some NyQuil down....at Wal-Mart?!"-Bebe Neuwirth singing ATJ to Musical Mad Libs at DQYNJ :)

feinstein9 Profile Photo
feinstein9
#45re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 1:27am

What about someone who's done "straight" acting for most of their college career and is interested in branching into musicals? I don't know if I'm legit, a belter, or anything in general. Would any of the voice teachers mentioned just through their hands up in the air, or do you think someone would really take me on, knowing I don't have a lot of vocal experience but have a lot of determination?

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#46re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 9:21am

>> someone would really take me on, knowing I don't have a lot
>> of vocal experience but have a lot of determination?

Feinstein9, I'd recommend you call a couple or three or four and have a chat. I am sure many would consider a beginning vocal student!

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#47re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 9:36am

Victoria Clark also occasionally teaches at the Michael Howard Studio.

ANNND our very own robbiej does up the vocal classes...you might wanna check him out!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#48re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:32pm

Would anyone happen to know how much Adrienne Angel charges?

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#49re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:52am

What about someone who's done "straight" acting for most of their college career and is interested in branching into musicals? I don't know if I'm legit, a belter, or anything in general. Would any of the voice teachers mentioned just through their hands up in the air, or do you think someone would really take me on, knowing I don't have a lot of vocal experience but have a lot of determination?

I'm in the exact same boat.

I did musical theater all throughout high school, never had any formal training, and now am studying Theater Arts (Acting) in college.

I've taken "Acting for Musical Theater Stage" which was given much like a Musical Theater course (building a book, vocal exercises, performance technique) but have never had my own private coach.

Would love to find someone patient (and cheap enough) to take me on :)

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Videos