News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech- Page 2

Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech

Mischief Profile Photo
Mischief
#25re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:18pm

I think she'll thank Chad Lowe.

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#26re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:19pm

I must say, she will not win! I really didn't care for the movie either. I felt like it was Beyonces coming out party. And Jamie Foxx was awful. If any award is to be given. Eddie Murphy by far...........

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:27pm

I must say, she will not win!

- And how do you know? You must not have read all the professional reviews, and you obviously haven't witnessed all the buzz that is fastly flowing through the industry about her incredible performance as Effie.

I agree Jamie Fox was mediocre. Murphy was fantastic. And this was Beyonce's best acting in a film by far.

Fosse76
#28re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:34pm

"Simon Cowell basically told her that she would fade into obscurity, never to be heard from again. A "no one cares about the losers" comment. "

Which is ironic, since it appears that most AI losers to better than the winners!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#29re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:42pm

Well even the Chicago critics didn't give it to her. They just announced the Japanese actress from Babel won. If Chicago didn't give it to her it might not be a sure thing at all.

PEACE.

blueflame Profile Photo
blueflame
#30re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:11pm

Chicagoans are such contrarians. They don't want to award the obvious for fear of being called "provincial".
Ok Ok, this is just my theory.

"You can't just leave a meringue once you start it!"

PJ
#31re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:32pm

If the Academy Awards were this Sunday, she'd most likely win. But like others have pointed out, a lot can happen between now and late February. If she has enough steam to win the Golden Globe and the SAG, the gold man is hers. But she could lose some of her thunder.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#32re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:05pm

I love "LOVE YOU I DO" and really hope it gets nominated so Hudson will get to sing at the Oscars. But "LISTEN" is a better song.

bella cantato
#33re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 6:49pm

Dear Oscars committee,

Can't you make an exception, just this once, and let JHud sing "And I'm Tellin' You" at the Oscars this year? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Love love love,
Erin

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

#34re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:04pm

totally random....BUT when JHud got voted off....didn't something crazy happen, like her hometown had a blackout or something? I seem to remember some controversy around her vote off day....anyone remember?

p.s. Eddie murphy gave the performance of his life. Crossing my fingers for him!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#35re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:35pm

If she has enough steam to win the Golden Globe and the SAG, the gold man is hers. But she could lose some of her thunder.

If this were a Best Actress Award she was up for, then I'd say yes, if she wins the GG and the SAG, the Oscar is hers. But the Best Supporting Actress category has more of a possibility of being unpredictable. It's less set in stone than Best Actress.

p.s. Eddie murphy gave the performance of his life. Crossing my fingers for him!

I'll agree that Eddie Murphy gives the performance of his life. But really, is that saying much? Just because up until now, he's done 100+ sh;tty movies and suddenly he shows up with a decent performance in a dramatic role in 2006, does that make him deserving of an Oscar? I mean, it's not as though he doesn't have millions upon millions of dollars from making all those sh;tty movies. He's not exactly entitled to an Oscar. His career hasn't particularly been "building up" to this. I guess we'll see what happens. I say, if he's lucky, like Matt Dillon receiving his Oscar nomination last year, he'll get a kind nod as well. Who has been winning for Supporting Actor in the other awards thus far this season?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 12/28/06 at 07:35 PM

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#36re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:50pm

Two thoughts:

1.)The backlash if the (Oscar voters that I know have some other name) don't give Jennifer Hudson the Oscar will be INSANE.

2.) I hope that Ms. Hudson sustains a career after this and doesn't do one great role and disappear!

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#37re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 7:58pm

The Golden Globes are a TERRIBLE predictor of Oscar wins in the Supporting actor/actress categories. They are often WAY of the mark, with winners in their categories not even scoring an Academy nomination, let alone a parallel win.

The SAG awards, in contrast, have been a pretty good indicator, although they are still a relatively new award. Their track record for matching "Oscar" is MUCH better than the Globes. This makes sense when you think about it, because SAG actors make up the largest voting body of the "select" members in the Academy. Actors opinions count the most for all Oscars, in other words. That's just the way they're set up. (They also have FOUR separate acting awards, more than any other professional field, so that would be why.)

And the Chicago Film critics awards, as flattering and lovely as they are, mean NOTHING when it comes to matching the Academy Awards. Check out their history, and you'll see what I mean.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 12/28/06 at 07:58 PM

#38re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:35pm

wannabe, I definitely hear what you are saying about Eddie Murphy's track record. However, a few things come to mind though....

it is always inspiring to see people grow. Seeing where they came from (stand up comedy in Eddie's case) to bringing to life a real person (loosly based on James Brown) and seeing him bring depth and emotion to a movie. Had he been a nobody, I would say the same thing. The same can be said of the growth of a performer of Jamie Foxx, Jim Carey, Robin Williams...all known for being funny men, but have delivered honest and real performances beyond elastic faces and one liners.

I also agree, I hope this is not a one trick pony for Hudson

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#39re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:40pm

emo_geek, i'm SO with you on that!

Her holding the gold statue over her head and screaming "YEAH B*ITCHES" would just make my life!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

#40re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 9:06pm

i hope she does.

i would love it, it would give some real closure & healing to everyone if she just HEAPED the praise on Ms Holiday.

Jon
#41re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 9:43pm

How many movies are there with roles for plus-sized African-American women who sing?

IF she wins the Oscar, it will be because of her SINGING. She can't really compete for non-singing roles with actresses who've been around Hollywood for 5 to 10 years and have half a dozen feature films on their resume'.

She'll have more success as a singer than a movie actress.

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#42re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 10:08pm

I really hope she wins if you like on IMDB she has won a dozen awards already....

"Passion can drive you crazy but is there any other way to live"

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#43re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 10:10pm

"Her holding the gold statue over her head and screaming "YEAH B*ITCHES"" Kind of like, "Hello, goregous!" only a lot louder.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#44re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:20pm

Clearly Hudson will thank god for her Oscar, over and over again.

sondhead
#45re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/29/06 at 3:52am

Ya'll should watch Devil Wears Prada again. Streep gives a very oscar-worthy performance that might give Hudson a run for her money.

Of course, it's expected out of Streep and Jen is brand new..

Funny Face Profile Photo
Funny Face
#46re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/29/06 at 11:40am

I don't think it's very likely the will both be nominated in the same category. Streep was nominated in the leading category at the Globes, and Hudson the supporting. Even though, after seeing both movies, it should be the other way around.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#47re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/29/06 at 12:24pm

I am watching "..Prada" this weekend. Just saw "Dreamgirls" yesterday and I must say, I was quite impressed with Ms. Hudson. Even not knowing the nominees yet, she deserves one!

Just give the world Love.

irememberitwell
#48re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/29/06 at 4:37pm

Vivien Leigh did thank Jessica Tandy, although Jessica raised a fit that she hadn't been cast because she was considered by some not to be pretty enough and dissed Leigh in an interview as a "nymphomanicial no talent." But Vivien was gracious. I hope and pray that Jennifer will be too.

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#49re: Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Acceptance Speech
Posted: 12/29/06 at 4:47pm

Meryl makes THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.
JHUD makes DREAMGIRLS, along with the other cast.

Videos