News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion- Page 2

Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#25re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 7:40pm

I never had a problem with the wall.

Last time i did SRO was for Les Miserable's closing night and the wall was up to my chest.

I know I am short but never had a problem with the SRO walls.

And I think it is stupid that disney actually has height restrictions. It's one thing if they warn you and give you a heads up and let you make your choice about it regardless. But, its another thing all together to determine if they sell it to you or not based on your height. They're getting your money so they shouldn't be so picky.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Zeitoujo
#26re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 7:44pm

ahh im so happy this show has sro =D

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

bwayboy310
#27re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 7:46pm

Isn't the overhang horrible, though?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#28re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 8:33pm

The overhang isn't that bad.

I know that in Beauty all you missed was the very top of the stage.

I don't know how this works with the set of Mermaid at all. But, for Beauty it wasn't a problem at all.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#29re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:27pm

the overhang isn't bad at all. In Mermaid, you dont' miss ANY action, just the tops of the "bongs".

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#30re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:28pm

The overhang is fine...in the standing room spots, you miss some of the actors who are standing on the ropes on the ship, but missing that will not affect your enjoyment of the show. I highly recommend standing for this show, especially if you can't afford the top $121.50 price.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#31re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:29pm

Were you able to see Ariel's fin fall away to reveal her legs? I know that happens almost at the very top of the stage. When Eric first falls off the ship that occurs at the very top as well.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#32re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:31pm

i could see all of eric's 'drowning' and ariel's transformation, no problem!

WithoutATrace
#33re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:33pm

Yes, I saw the drowning and the transformation fine as well. It is almost as if the creative team stood in the back when creating the show so that it wouldn't be obstructed for those in the rear orchestra.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#34re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:35pm

so true! you can see them on the boat when they're married perfectly too!!!

WithoutATrace
#35re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:41pm

totally worth every penny i paid...thank god this show offers SRO. can't wait to see it again next week!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#36re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 10:51pm

So I'm gathering that since I am just shy of 5'2", I shouldn't bother with standing room. Thanks for the warning.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

LumBabsFan Profile Photo
LumBabsFan
#37re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 11:01pm

For what it's worth, the one time I did SRO for Beauty, they said you had to be over 5'4". I'm 5'5" and was just able to lean on top of the back wall. It really wasn't that bad and wouldn't mind doing it again for Mermaid.

The Official Peter Flynn Website www.peter-flynn.com Faith Kelter, LumBabsFan, Webmaster.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#38re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/14/08 at 6:10am

At 5'2" I'm guessing they'd not want to sell it to you to avoid complaints that you paid for a ticket and couldn't see. (Unless you had really tall heels on to be taller.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#39re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/14/08 at 9:53am

They should offer something to stand on, a booster of some nature, for those of us who are, shall we say, vertically challenged. It's a little unfair that those of us who are as small as I am (5'0) have to literally pay for being shorter than everyone else. (I'd have to buy a mezz seat-which I actually LOVED for this show, but still, I don't have a choice.) They could try offering something else less expensive for those of us who really cannot see over that wall.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

#40re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/14/08 at 10:32am

Does anyone know if they sell SRO tickets for a Saturday night show in the morning or do they wait until after the matinee or something?

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#41re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/14/08 at 10:33am

i think as long as it's the same day and they're sold out, you can get them:)

Zeitoujo
#42re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:15pm

i cant wait to see this showw!!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#43re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:28pm

They should offer something to stand on, a booster of some nature, for those of us who are, shall we say, vertically challenged. It's a little unfair that those of us who are as small as I am (5'0) have to literally pay for being shorter than everyone else. (I'd have to buy a mezz seat-which I actually LOVED for this show, but still, I don't have a choice.) They could try offering something else less expensive for those of us who really cannot see over that wall.

BEing short, and on a limited budget it's hard. Especially when show's done have lottery or rush, and the wall's so tall. Unfortunately they won't and can't offer anything to stand on because it is a matter of safety in case there is a fire.

nasty_khakis
#44re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/16/08 at 6:38pm

What exactly is the policy? I went by three times yesterday and twice today and was told by two different workers they werent offering standing room. I went as soon as the box office opened at 10 and then an hour before the show. I guess they're only sold if the show is REALLY sold out. she said they still had all three price levels available. so confusing.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#45re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/16/08 at 8:20pm

nasty - that's correct, they'll only sell them if the show is really sold out. I had to get mine a half hour before curtain because that was when the show was sold out. Keep trying, it's worth it!

nasty_khakis
#46re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/16/08 at 8:39pm

yeah, i went a half an hour before the matinee today, but i'll try on a more likely to be sold out day/time like a friday night.

thanks!

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#47re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/17/08 at 12:26am

I've never been to the Lunt-Fontanne. Am I better off standing at the back or just forking up for a ticket in the back of the mezzanine? People keeping saying how big it is and then still others say that it's regular (Jacobs/Schoenfeld) sized.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#48re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/17/08 at 12:43am

The Lunt is not anything like the Jacobs or the Schonenfield in terms of size.

It is more of a medium sized theatre. I would compare it to the size of the Neil Simon.

I would get an SRO ticket.

I saw the show this afternoon from the mid Mezz. I loved it but still would have rather gotten SRO just for money reasons.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#49re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/17/08 at 2:46am

I was at the show tonight (I'll post a review tomorrow), and they are offering I believe 12 SRO spots per show, only if it is actually sold out. If you are standing in the back of the house facing the stage, they offer SRO for the wall on the right by the stairs going down to the bathrooms, and in the center section. The wall on the right is taller than the wall in the center. I had on Uggs and I couldn't see over the wall on the right unless I went up on my toes a little. But the wall in the center I had no trouble seeing over.

Videos