News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast- Page 2

Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast

elphabelle07 Profile Photo
elphabelle07
#25re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 2:16pm

Van der Pol Pol for me.
Just for fun, I've been keeping tallies of the favorite Belle's...because I have no life. A lot of them are ties, because people have more than one favorite!
So far, its:
Ann Sanders-1
Andrea McArdle- 2
Anneliese Van der Pol-5
Sarah Uriarte (sp?) Berry-1
Ashley Brown-3
Megan McGinnis- 2
Jennifer Hope Willis- 1
Sarah Litzsinger- 1
Deborah Lew- 1
Kerry Butler- 1 (and a half, because she was such a good Belle offstage as well)

"I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"-Funny Girl

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#26re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 2:54pm

I did not like van der Pol either!

My favourites: Deborah Lew & Christina DeCicco, of our Walnut Street Theatre here in Philly (some may remember her as Glinda in the Wicked National Tour).

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#27re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 3:05pm

I saw her in AIDA and she was fabulous in it.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

boombaboy
#28re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 3:09pm

I also saw her in AIDA and she stunk, her voice was shot and the people in front of us booed her at curtain call.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#29re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 3:28pm

Ouch.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#30re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 3:48pm

She was better in Aida than she was in Beauty and the Beast, and she wasn't the worst Aida I saw (that would be Michelle T. Williams). However, she wasn't great, and I didn't like hearing the songs sung in a lower key.

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#31re: Toni Braxton in Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/08 at 8:34pm

"I can't believe they tried to make her Belle more sassy and sexy. Do they not get the whole point of the role?"

Unfortunately I have watched many directors do this to African American actresses. I wouldn't call Toni Braxton an actress, but this Sassy Belle thing is an example of directors doing this.

Videos