News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 22

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#525HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 8:40am

My code just came in at 8:36am on my phone. Two text msgs. On is access info and the second is the code.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 10/18/17 at 08:40 AM

gimlet2
#526HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 8:43am

^ Thanks for the warning! I'm in the city today and my plan was to receive a standby code by 1 (ha!), buy on my phone, and then hit a matinee, none of which will likey happen HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Anna Lan
#527HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 8:50am

Congrats to all who got codes!

Finally desperate enough to register, so of course this post is pathetic. I'm trying to get a kid a graduation present. I and multiple friends failed at anything but standby and finger crossing. If anybody winds up with a spare and feels generous, I would be incredibly grateful.

AllThatJazz2
#528HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 8:55am

Got the text with the code at 8:42am this morning. My reg. time is 11am. I feel like I'm in college all over again waiting to get into the classes I want before the slots are all taken...going to be pins and needles over here for the next couple hours!

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#529HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 8:59am

AllThatJazz2 said: "Got the text with the code at 8:42am this morning. My reg. time is 11am. I feel like I'm in college all over again waiting to get into the classes I want before the slots are all taken...going to be pins and needles over here for the next couple hours!"

Wow, that's so accurate. And, with my standby status, I feel like the second semester fourth-year who has to take ONE specific course for his degree, but waits until the day before classes to enroll. lol

Good luck everybody! And good luck to standbys who get codes today. <3 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#530HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 8:59am

Well, something interesting...a friend of mine never got the e-mail the other day informing him that he would be getting a code this morning and out of nowhere he got the texts for the 11:00am slot around the same time mine came in. 

schubox
#531HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:03am

uncageg said: "Well, something interesting...a friend of mine never got the e-mail the other day informing him that he would be getting a code this morning and out of nowhere he got the texts for the 11:00am slot around the same time mine came in."

I didn’t get an email either and TM has been “investigating” since Monday as to why and I still haven’t heard anything. 

BwayMan3
#532HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:13am

Has anyone in the 12 PM time slot received a code yet? Mine has not yet arrived.

Lurker2
#533HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:16am

Got my code.  Anyone have any tips?  I should use a computer instead of the app, right?  Am I hearing that I should just let the site pick seats for me?

I'm incredibly nervous!  Any success stories from other verified fan sales (Hamilton or Bruce, especially)

Lurker2
#534HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:18am

BwayMan3 said: "Has anyone in the 12 PM time slot received a code yet? Mine has not yet arrived."

They said it comes 2 hours beforehand, so it makes sense that only the 11am slot has gotten theirs

brdway411
#535HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:20am

I am in the 11 AM WINDOW, GOT MY CODE ABOUT AN HOUR AGO...

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#536HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:22am

When did you guys register? I feel like I missed out.  I registered the first day but in the afternoon as I couldn’t get in the morning. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#537HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:23am

Lurker2 said: "BwayMan3 said: "Has anyone in the 12 PM time slot received a code yet? Mine has not yet arrived."

They said it comes 2 hours beforehand, so it makes sense that only the 11am slot has gotten theirs
"

Actually, the e-mail said 1 to 3 hours before purchase time. I got mine 2.5 hours beford.

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 09:23 AM

Lurker2
#538HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:23am

Dave13 said: "When did you guys register? I feel like I missed out. I registered the first day but in the afternoon as I couldn’t get in the morning."

I also registered in the afternoon (evening, actually) of day 1.  But I think it truly was random - people here said they registered on the last day and got a code

BwayMan3
#539HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:24am

The website says that "your text notification will arrive 2-4 hours before the on sale on Wednesday, October 18." Therefore, 12 PM codes should be sent no later than 10 AM.

Lurker2
#540HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:29am

uncageg said: "Lurker2 said: "BwayMan3 said: "Has anyone in the 12 PM time slot received a code yet? Mine has not yet arrived."

"

Actually, the e-mail said 1 to 3 hours before purchase time. I got mime 2.5 hours beford.

"

True, my mistake.  My code came at 8:44, I just noticed, so 2 hours and 16 minutes beforehand

brdway411
#541HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:30am

Dave13 said: "When did you guys register? I feel like I missed out. I registered the first day but in the afternoon as I couldn’t get in the morning."

I was in Europe at the time  and I think I registered the last day possible. Got an 11 am time slot. I was shocked. My friend registered the first  day and got a 12 pm time slot. 

AllThatJazz2
#542HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:32am

Don't forget that if you are looking to choose your own seats, and the Ticketmaster site is only showing the seat map where THEY choose for you, to type in www1. at the start of the web address - then the "pick your own" map should come up. 

Someone on these boards had that tip handy and it saved me a LOT of aggravation when the Ticketmaster site was being a pain during Frozen and Hamilton purchases. No reason to think it won't work here too. 

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#543HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:33am

brdway411 said: "Dave13 said: "When did you guys register? I feel like I missed out. I registered the first day but in the afternoon as I couldn’t get in the morning."

I was in Europe at the time and I think I registered the last day possible. Got an 11 am time slot. I was shocked. My friend registered the first day and got a 12 pm time slot.

"

Well that’s my luck.  Lol. I tried to register the minute it opened.  

Not to be confused with Dave19.

Lurker2
#544HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:35am

The website in the text links to the page about broadway ticket info.  Am I correct in assuming that that will load a new page at 11 for us to enter our codes?

10086sunset
#545HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:40am

Does anyone know how tickets will be delivered?

Will they only be mobile, or will hard tickets and print at home also be available?

AllThatJazz2
#546HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:41am

Lurker2 said: "The website in the text links to the page about broadway ticket info. Am I correct in assuming that that will load a new page at 11 for us to enter our codes?"

That's what it SHOULD do...what it will actually do is a whole other story. Here's hoping it works smoothly.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#547HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:43am

I'm in the 12:00 pm batch and my code arrived at 6:40 Pacific.

BwayMan3
#548HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:44am

Update: Just received my 12 PM code.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#549HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:44am

Not that it really helps (aka no price levels) but here's the new theatre layout per the ticketing website:

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

They did add in the center aisle. Looks like they took out the front rows of the orchestra along with lots of side seats and random seats in the back. They aren't using some boxes. They add seats in the mezz...? The balcony looks the same... below is the old layout:

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Videos