News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 23

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

BwayMan3
#550HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:46am

I wonder how much of a disadvantage the 12 PM codeholders will be since the 11 AM ones will take the best seats.

Whateverjsays
#551HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:56am

I got my code around 8:45. The only way I can buy my ticket will be via phone so hopefully I don’t have any issues! 

mlledir
#552HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:56am

Also, tip (though could this have changed w the new seating plan?): 

Dress Circle overhangs Orch Row T

Balcony overhangs Dress Circle Row B

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#553HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:57am

Thanks for posting the seating plan, sorano!

If the new configuration matches the old one, I guess this means that the dress circle (if it overhangs Row T) will be pretty far back, and also because the balcony overhangs it at Row B, the dress circle will be fairly dark. Depending on how low the balcony is.

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 09:57 AM

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#554HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 9:58am

I’m in the 12 time slot but haven’t received my code yet. I hope I get it. For the Hamilton sale there was a glitch and my code wasn’t sent to me. I had to wait for the customer service center to open an tell me my code over the phone. By then many of the good seats were taken HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#555HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:05am

I'm fascinated by the new layout of the theatre which seems to essentially turn the space into a West End house. In the West End, the best seats are almost unquestionably the front rows of the Dress Circle which are usually much more aligned with stage level than the mezzanines of Broadway houses.

Something to keep in mind. Also, there is stuff happening over the audience so - something to keep in mind. 

I'd go for those front Dress Circle seats...

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#556HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:19am

If you're buying on a desktop, you can't actually use the link though, right?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#557HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:19am

Assuming we just type that bitly in our browser? 

Nycat63
#558HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:23am

LesWickedly said: "Alright, last request. If anyone is planning on going to the show June 13th, 16th, or 17th (all two show days) and would be willing to buy me a ticket, I'll pay you be in full instantly (Venmo or PayPal works), plus $30 extra for your generosity. I only need one ticket. I can pay any of the price points ($199 and below for each part). Please PM me if you'd be willing to do this. This means the world to me and I really can't believe there's a good chance I won't be able to get a ticket. I really hate this program. Tomorrow is going to be very devastating."

LesWickedly, this probably won't help you much but if I get off standby, I'd be happy to pick you up a ticket for June 16 or 17 since those are the only dates I can do all year (not in NY).  Just one?  I'm only buying 2 so happy to do it if I'm lucky enough to get off standby.  I likely will go for the $199s if anything decent is left because my daughter doesn't do balconies...  I feel your pain - I knew there wouldn't be any guarantees but I get one Broadway trip next year (I've been lucky enough to come 2-3 times a year in the past but not this year) and this was one of the can't-miss shows on my list.

Feel free to PM me - maybe we can work something out in case one of us gets off standby!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#559HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:24am

Asking around, again... cause it never hurts to ask... is anyone looking at purchasing tickets for 3/16 and 3/17 (first performances of Part One and Two) and would be willing to help a guy out? I get what the new system is trying to prevent, but it also prevented fans to *maybe* have dibs on tickets; I am on standby. Crossing my fingers for these "new opportunities" for tickets.  I wonder if this even will have two separate overnight cancellation line nights for each part, too. Love the new seating arrangement and configuration.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#560HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:25am

Please someone get me 2 for Memorial Day weekend.  I will pay for your inconvenience. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#561HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:27am

BwayMan3 said: "I wonder how much of a disadvantage the 12 PM codeholders will be since the 11 AM ones will take the best seats."

You'll be fine, dearie.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#562HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:27am

BroadwayNYC2,  yes. Just type in in.

Just give the world Love.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#563HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:35am

I'm hoping to try for 5/12. If that date would help anyone out let me know.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#564HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:37am

I'm willing to make a deal to go in with someone for the May 26 or 27 shows if I (or you) get a standby code! I'm just buying a single.

Are those what you're looking for, Dave?

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 10:37 AM

schubox
#565HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:41am

BwayMan3 said: "I wonder how much of a disadvantage the 12 PM codeholders will be since the 11 AM ones will take the best seats."

There’s 9 months worth of shows on sale. I’m sure everyone will be fine 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#566HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:41am

By the way, right before the HP code swooped into my phone, I received a Hamilton code, "just added"! So I checked that out, but only premium and mid-premium seats were left.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#567HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:43am

kade.ivy said: "I'm willing to make a deal to go in with someone for the May 26 or 27 shows if I (or you) get a standby code! I'm just buying a single.

Are those what you're looking for, Dave?
"

I am looking for tix 23, 26 or 27. Pm me. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#568HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:53am

Ok, anyone else have ideas about if the codes are linked to accounts? I was just given one, but like sorano said earlier, they're pretty sure they are account specific.

Dolly80
#569HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Dave13 said: "Please someone get me 2 for Memorial Day weekend. I will pay for your inconvenience."

Could have asked a bit nicer 

BEE3
#570HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Im desperate - but would pay for any Sat/Sat night for 2 tickets for my obsessed 7 year old - would through in extra tickets to something or just plain old cash for your help

Lurker2
#571HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Good luck to all the 11am folks!  7 minutes to go!

mamaleh
#572HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I'm no techie. Just to confirm. You go to the bit.ly address first, then plug in your code, correct?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#573HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:55am

BEE -- Unless your 7 year old is really mature - this might be over his head. It's rather adult and a little scary. The UK site says the play is recommended for kids 10 and up

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

schubox
#574HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 10:55am

LesWickedly said: "Ok, anyone else have ideas about if the codes are linked to accounts? I was just given one, but like sorano said earlier, they're pretty sure they are account specific."

I don’t knowing anyone know for sure, would be kind of dumb if they weren’t tied to the account though 

Videos