News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22 - Page 25

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#600COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:15am

WOW, Katrina Lenk is a national trend on Twitter this morning and the #1 trend in New York!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#601COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:23am

QueenAlice said: "Jordan, I think age isn’t the reason you don’t want Lenk in the role. This isn’t like they’ve cast Bernadette Peters in the part.

And yes, since I’m one of the very few women on this board, I think I can be on the cross for a moment when it comes to defending some of the, again, ageist and sexist comments thatappear here,I think,without thought or consideration behind them.
"

Mmm that sounds like an idea if they need a replacement :p!!!!!!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

#602COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:25am

QueenAlice said: "Honestly, sometimes the comments on this board are so ageist and sexist. It never ceases to amaze me."

And I (a 72-year-old guy) as well.  I am not familiar enough with "Company" to know if your observations are accurate for this particular post.  But for this board in general, you are absolutely SPOT ON.  

Updated On: 8/30/19 at 10:25 AM

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#603COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:26am

Much as I'm not a fan of how Sondheim allows just about any change or reinterpretation of his musicals, or makes them himself, I think the combination of these two actresses makes this an exciting prospect.  They're both talented and charismatic actresses who should bring a lot of interesting dynamics to this production.  I disliked the John Doyle revival, which I found clumsy and lifeless, but this sounds exciting.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#604COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:30am

I adored the show with Craig and Bailey (and LuPone!) in London earlier this year. Really curious to see the changes.

The production in the West End had a lot of energy and I’m hoping that translates well here.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#605COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:31am

FINALLY! Excited to hear the whole cast.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#606COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:40am

How exciting we will inevitably get another cast recording of this production! Do we think they will be lowering some keys for Lenk’s much sultrier voice?

Updated On: 8/30/19 at 10:40 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#607COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:41am

Finally it's official!! Now we wait for the full cast announcement.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#608COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:51am

What keys did Rosalie Craig sing them in relative to the OBC?

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#609COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 10:57am

ljay889 said: "How exciting we will inevitably get another cast recording of this production! Do we think they will be lowering some keys for Lenk’s much sultrier voice?"

I'm not sure it's inevitable. I was thinking they'd probably just sell the London cast recording at the merch booth.

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#610COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 11:02am

I'm here to eat my words! ItsKatrina this is my official you were right post lol. Sorry for doubting.

I am SO excited for this. Such a historic production with such an incredible cast, also, with a chance to see Patti perform ladies who lunch live is just ugh. They can take all of my money.

Relevance81491
#611COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 11:42am

From Telecharge:

Company Special Information

American Express Card Members can get early access to tickets Thursday 10/3 at 10am thru Tuesday 10/18 at 9:59am.

Tickets go on sale to Audience Rewards Members on October 14.

Tickets will go on sale to the General Public on October 21.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#612COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 11:50am

Relevance81491 said: "From Telecharge:

Company Special Information

American Express Card Members can get early access to tickets Thursday 10/3 at 10am thru Tuesday 10/18 at 9:59am.

Tickets go on sale to Audience Rewards Members on October 14.

Tickets will go on sale to the General Public on October 21.
"

Thanks! I set a reminder for 10/3. So excited. I wonder if opening night will be on sale. I doubt it though...

Miserent Profile Photo
Miserent
#613COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 11:58am

Not sure who he will be playing, but I’ve heard that Christopher Sieber will be in this production as well.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#614COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:00pm

2 Sieber musicals back to back would be amazing.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#615COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:07pm

Seiner could be Joann’s husband maybe?

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#616COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:15pm

Man, y'all bugging. Say your thoughts on the show (good or bad), and keep it moving. The petty fights on every post are draining - This ain't the Bad Girls Club.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#617COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:28pm

Can we please stop fighting! This is an exciting day.
I can definitely see Sieber as Pattis husband, especially as the role was cast much younger than her in London.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#618COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:32pm

Christopher Sieber would be great as Peter (the one who's possibly gay in the original script).

Secreting this into existence: BOYD GAINES FOR LARRY.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#619COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:33pm

Larry is kind of a thankless part, plus it makes sense that Joanne’s husbands keep getting younger. (And one reason she offers him to Bobbie is that they’re closer in age.) Could Sieber be Harry?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#620COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:33pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Secreting this into existence: BOYD GAINES FOR LARRY."

I mean, that’s about as perfect casting as you could ever get. 

scampsweep
#621COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:55pm

givesmevoice said: "Larry is kind of a thankless part, plus it makes sense that Joanne’s husbands keep getting younger. (And one reason she offers him to Bobbie is that they’re closer in age.) Could Sieber be Harry?"

I agree - it is a thankless, almost ‘background’ role. I would say that he does the least by far. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#622COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 12:55pm

CATSNYrevival said: "ljay889 said: "How exciting we will inevitably get another cast recording of this production! Do we think they will be lowering some keys for Lenk’s much sultrier voice?"

I'm not sure it's inevitable. I was thinking they'd probably just sell the London cast recording at the merch booth.
"

i can’t imagine they’ll sell the cast recording with Rosalie’s face on it for the entire run. The only returning cast member is Patti. This is a much bigger deal than Roundabout’s Sunday that didn’t get re-recorded. A 50th anniversary production during Sondheim’s 90th Birthday with a new leading lady is definitely enough to re-record it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#623COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 1:32pm

Anyone wamt to guess how crazy (or not) sales will be right out of the gate? Im wondering if group tix will be available.

Very exciting!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#624COMPANY
Posted: 8/30/19 at 1:39pm

ljay889 said: "i can’t imagine they’ll sell the castrecording with Rosalie’s face on it for the entire run. The only returning cast member is Patti. This is a much bigger deal than Roundabout’s Sunday that didn’t get re-recorded. A 50th anniversary production during Sondheim’s 90th Birthday with a new leading lady is definitely enough to re-record it."

I hope you're right!

Videos