News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 26

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Broadwaybeauty2
#625HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/29/16 at 9:41am

I saw Hamilton last week. Obviously the replacement cast, as I didn't see the original. I cannot imagine how amazing the original may have been because honestly, I couldn't imagine anyone other than who we saw do this performance. It was better than people said, if that's even possible with all of the hype that surrounds his show. 

MyLife
#626HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/29/16 at 11:24am

Valentina3 said: "For a person who has posted multiple times about how they have given up trying to understand how Hamilton casting works, you sure attack anyone who comes up their own ideas a bit too much, neon. :)"

I've come to accept that whatever you say, neon will respond and criticize part of whatever you say, even if (s)he agrees with you overall, as a way to try to one-up you. It's becoming a pattern in these Hamilton posts. 

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#627HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/29/16 at 3:13pm

Exactly! The SHOW is the star!!! Everyone I have seen has been fantastic!!! 

Updated On: 9/29/16 at 03:13 PM

Jmjazz
#628HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/16 at 1:15am

Disagree that the show's the star. If you are on the payroll of the show, could see having that perspective.

I have seen the show with the OBC and post-OBC departures.  I kept comparing Seth Stewart's performance to Daveed's performance. I preferred Daveed in the role.  People who never saw the OBC and particularly Daveed's performance won't know any better. No point of reference for the role.

Loved BVD, Javier, Lexi and Mandy Gonzalez. She is fantastic.

Looking forward to the PBS doc later this. Onto. That should be quite interesting.

aaaaaa15
#629HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/16 at 4:54am

So you think the show isn't the star...but Daveed is?

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#630HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/16 at 3:54pm

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

Hamilton Addict  Profile Photo
Hamilton Addict
#631HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/16 at 3:55pm

^^That may be my favourite post on here of all time! :)

Updated On: 10/2/16 at 03:55 PM

aaaaaa15
#632HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/16 at 4:21pm

Hahaha thankyou for that.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#633HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/14/16 at 1:48pm

I actually let out a gasp with this news. Nobody will ever be Chris Jackson in this role, though I'm super happy for Nicholas Christopher! I wonder who'll take over when Nick leaves for Miss Saigon.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Christopher-Jackson-Will-Perform-in-HAMILTON-One-Last-Time-This-Fall-Future-MISS-SAIGON-Star-Nicholas-Christopher-to-Take-Over-20161014

neonlightsxo
#634HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/14/16 at 1:50pm

Nick Christopher is having a stage actor's dream of a week. And so so so deserved.

aaaaaa15
#635HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/14/16 at 1:51pm

I liked Nicholas as much as Chris in the role to be honest so am happy about this.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#636HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/14/16 at 3:29pm

@neonlightsxo: agreed! at only 26 years old, Nick has achieved more than others in their lifetime, so happy for him.

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#638HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:12pm

This guy was so hot in Grease Live. Good for him. 

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

neonlightsxo
#639HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:13pm

Agreed, Fisher was one of the best parts of Grease Live. Spot on casting once again. Keep it going Ham team!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#640HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:16pm

Reiterating what was just said - one of the best parts of Grease Live! Excellent casting.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

BroadwayConcierge
#641HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:16pm

Agreed, Minerva and neon. They're definitely making up for the Burr/Laf/Jef fiasco this summer HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

aaaaaa15
#642HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:20pm

Yep great casting, this is what I like to see.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#643HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:21pm

Excellent! Jordan was great in Grease and to make his Bway debut in a very popular shows that's hard to get into, wow!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#644HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:43pm

Very nice casting. He was great on Grease.

So, only Oak and Jasmine would be left from the original principal cast (plus Javi) with Carleigh, Neil, Thayne, Seth, Andrew, Morgan, and Voltaire in the ensemble/swing world. 

I don't have tickets again until March so I'll be interested to see all the new cast members by then.

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#645HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/7/16 at 2:02pm

Oak's last performance is December 24th: https://twitter.com/BroadwayGirlNYC/status/795701578304995328

BroadwayConcierge
#646HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/7/16 at 2:10pm

Aww. He's so good. Wonder who his replacement will be.

Looks like Jasmine will be the last OG left (unless she also leaves Dec. 24)!

Hamilton Addict  Profile Photo
Hamilton Addict
#647HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/7/16 at 5:25pm

sgreen3 said: "Oak's last performance is December 24th: https://twitter.com/BroadwayGirlNYC/status/795701578304995328

BroadwayConcierge
#648HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:56am

Chris Jackson has now left the cast HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements is anybody going to the show this week as it's Nicholas Christopher's first full week as the principal Washington?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#649HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/14/16 at 1:07pm

We're seeing it T-day weekend.  Hoping for Javy as we haven't seen him yet in 3 tries.

Videos