News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?- Page 3

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#51Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/16/18 at 10:26am

Assuming that means rehearsals have begun, we should be getting a cast announcement shortly, no?

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#52Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:04am

adamgreer said: "Assuming that means rehearsals have begun, we should be getting a cast announcement shortly, no?"

Maybe some contracts are getting signed at the first rehearsal? I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet (the leads, at least)

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#54Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/25/18 at 4:00pm

My ticket came in the mail today!!!! Wooohooooo! The countdown begins... :)

Betty Buckley

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#55Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 9:06am

...but still no casting news anywhere...strange esp, for Rudin

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#56Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 11:59am

A little birdie told me Betty was seen  and heard rehearsing on the Shubert stage this morning.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#57Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:08pm

DAME said: "A little birdie told me Betty was seen and heard rehearsing on the Shubert stage this morning."

There has definitely been a lot of stage door activity there this entire morning.  Maybe onstage tour principal final callbacks?  I am just guessing.  But lots of going in and out.

SomethingPeculiar
#58Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:08pm

DAME said: "A little birdie told me Betty was seen and heard rehearsing on the Shubert stage this morning."

Alone? Or with her nameless tour co-stars?

I wonder if Rudin is trying to throw her in for one performance (an added show?) in the Broadway production, so he can advertise her performance as "straight from Broadway"?

Bette's Turban
#59Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:24pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "DAME said: "A little birdie told me Betty was seen and heard rehearsing on the Shubert stage this morning."

Alone? Or with her nameless tour co-stars?

I wonder if Rudin is trying to throw her in for one performance (an added show?) in the Broadway production, so he can advertise her performance as "straight from Broadway"?
"

I can't imagine he would do that.  Probably a final principals call back or a rehearsal.  If the same set is going on tour then it makes sense to take advantage of it.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#60Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:31pm

It could be any one of a number of things.  Perhaps commercials and press interviews are going on?  Who knows?  It's always so easy to speculate on things we know nothing about.  

Bette's Turban
#61Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:36pm

nealb1 said: "It could be any one of a number of things. Perhaps commercials and press interviews are going on? Who knows? It's always so easy to speculate on things we know nothing about."

True.  But it is healthy speculation.  We are all just excited .

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#62Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/26/18 at 1:26pm

Surely its to give Buckley a chance to rehearse a bit on the set -- namely that staircase.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BwayLB
#63Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/26/18 at 1:49pm

I'm anxious to see who will be playing Horace and Cornelious

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#64Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/26/18 at 1:50pm

Perhaps they were doing production photos with her.  Even though Rudin doesn't like to release them, you can (EDIT: whoops CAN'T!) advertise the tour across the US with a pic of Bette.

Updated On: 7/27/18 at 01:50 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#65Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/26/18 at 1:54pm

Why would you do that? Isn't that why they used photos of not-Lane and Broderick for The Producers tour?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#66Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/27/18 at 5:42am

Today’s the day!!! “Single tickets for the National Tour starring Broadway legend Betty Buckley will go on sale Friday, July 27 at 11am. Tickets will be available at:

1) Playhouse Square Ticket Office (1519 Euclid Avenue in downtown Cleveland)

by visiting...

2) http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/hello-dolly

3) or by calling 216-241-6000.”

Updated On: 7/27/18 at 05:42 AM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#67Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/27/18 at 7:36pm

Just thought of something...

I wonder if they will have “Betty Buckley” merchandise available in the early part of this National Tour Launch? The show runs from 9/30 - 10/21, and right now I’m only seeing it on 10/6. I’d love to get a “Hello, Dolly!” window card and magnet with her name on them to go with my Bernadette Peters and Bette Midler items. 

Do you think they’re already mass producing these and they’ll be ready on Day 1 in Cleveland? 

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#68Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 9:38pm

Two things:

1. According to several Instagram stories by several Carousel cast members, today marked Jess LeProtto's final day in Carousel. Which, I assume may mean that full cast rehearsals for Dolly will be ramping up very soon. 

2. On Garrett Hawe's story noting Jess's final show, his caption stated "Happy trails.... for now. Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly" Which makes me wonder if Garrett may also be a member of the Dolly cast, especially considering that Garrett was also in the last Dolly tour with Sally Struthers as Barnaby. However, this does also make me question why Garrett wouldn't also be leaving Carousel at the same time as Jess, and why wouldn't have Renee Fleming have announced Garrett's name alongside Jess's at the B&N event, when discussing Jess's involvement in the Dolly tour? 

Just some info/theories I thought I'd share! Here to hoping for some kind of cast announcement soon!! Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#69Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 9:48pm

Do you believe there's any chance of Gavin or Kate touring with the show?

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#70Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 9:52pm

As much as I'd burst with excitement if they were to, I'd say the chances are doubtful. Most higher profile Broadway actors such as Kate and Gavin don't typically do national tours. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#71Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 11:03pm

^ isn't Betty Buckley a high profile Broadway star too?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

SomethingPeculiar
#72Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 11:36pm

TheSassySam said: "Do you believe there's any chance of Gavin or Kate touring with the show?"

I honestly would not be shocked if Gavin toured with it. He did MORMON for 3-4 years between the touring, London, and Broadway productions. He'd be a nice addition to the tour and it would be another year of steady employment for him. He's also at a challenging age in which he looks/plays younger than he is; he's no longer an ingenue but isn't ready to play Dads yet. 

Kate is starring in the new Tom Kitt musical "Superhero" at 2nd Stage in the winter, which presumably has Bway aspirations. 

BwayLB
#73Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 11:40pm

Actually I would be surprised if Gavin joins. The last time I saw him was in She Loves Me when it was telecast on PBS last year. If he does do Dolly again, I would be dying to see how he made Cornelius 100% his own character.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#74Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 7/29/18 at 11:51pm

Who is Jess LeProtto going to be playing in Dolly? Ambrose?

Videos