News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?- Page 3

Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#50re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:34pm

I would like to second "So Many People" although I'm sorry I can't remember who said it. What a beautiful song...

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

lullabyofbroadway28
#51re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:37pm

I recently went to a wedding and "I'll Cover You" from Rent was sang. Also my mom told me she had "Far From the Home I love" (Fiddler) and "With YOu"(Pippin) sung at her wedding.

#52re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:40pm

I can't believe nobody said Someone Like You, I've heard that done at too many weddings.

wickedwitchofthechest
#53re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:45pm

I've always thought All I Ask of You is a little show-specific for a wedding, not to mention the line, "forget these wide-eyed fears." Not really good for non-shotgun weddings. It could just be me, as no one else seems to mind. Believe from Scarlet Pimpernel is very good at weddings, especially when the couple and guests aren't theater people.

"Wilkins, after all these years, are you trying to be funny?"

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#54re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/4/04 at 1:49am

What about Love Changes Everything from Aspects of Love?

Really? I always thought of this song as a cynical one (and I think that's the context in the show, too). It may begin very romantically ("days are longer, words mean more"), but it slowly grows in anger and frustration, until it is a dismissal of love ("Love makes fools of everyone, live or perish in its flame!"). So I wouldn't quite recommend it for a wedding.

blue wizard - im coming too! maybe i can be the other groom....no joke

Really? That would be so much fun! Think of all the tax benefits!

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

bwaybaby2 Profile Photo
bwaybaby2
#55re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/4/04 at 1:51am

hey bluewizard - i meant it! we're gonna get hitched! you'll see....

johny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
#56re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/4/04 at 12:01pm

"all i ask of you" from phantom and " ill cover you" from rent

BroadwayBaby3
#57re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/4/04 at 12:49pm

how about some enchanted evening from south pacific? such a pretty song!

rmposey Profile Photo
rmposey
#58re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 2:59pm

I totally agree with Believe from Pimpernel, With You from Pippin and In Whatever Time We Have from Children of Eden. They are all lovely songs.

I should have eaten the saw and used the cake to bludgeon my way out - Alfred Hitchcock

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#59re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:01pm

WILL I? - RENT

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#60re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:10pm

if I had a dime for everytime I have sung "One Hand, One Heart for a wedding....I could foot the bill for a Broadway show!

"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#61re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:11pm

Always the bridesmaid, huh Bobby?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#62re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:12pm

mmmmm hmmmmmm

"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#63re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:13pm

Gurl, I hear that. I think that pretty girl in your icon and the hunk I've got should get together though. What would you sing at their wedding?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#64re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:25pm

Oh my lord, if I never sing at another wedding it will be too damn soon.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

BwayTheatre11
#65re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 3:35pm

I am going to say "All I Ask of You" from The Phantom of the Opera.

CCM '10!

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#66re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 4:17pm

I had "come rain or come shine" for my first song (from St. Louis Woman")

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld

Annie Get Your Rose
#67re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 4:38pm

Unexpected Love(not sure if right title) from Song and Dance. I don't know I just adore this song!

Sant
#68re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 4:40pm

SUN AND MOON from Miss Saigon
ONLY YOU from Starlight Express (orig. ONLY HE)

Gothampc
#69re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 4:52pm

Violets and Silverbells from Shenandoah

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#70re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 5:00pm

Matt- I think "Love is always Lovlier, The Second Time Around"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#71re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 5:18pm

"All I Ask of You" - Phantom of the Opera
"As Long As Your Mine" - Wicked
"That Face" - The Producers

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Bal
#72re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 7:26pm

It's Delovely from Anything Goes is gorgeous...

Actually, many Cole Porter songs. True Love, Let's Do It (Let's fall in love)(maybe for the recption), etc etc.

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Ruth Sherwood
#73re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 10/26/04 at 8:21pm

I don't think this has been posted yet... "Just in Time" from Bells Are Ringing

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." -Stella Adler

Videos