News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..- Page 3

for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#50re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:49pm

hah. My dad met her when she was doing Crazy For You; I was still really little at the time. He stopped her and got me an autograph.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#51re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:49pm

what?! oh u lucky buggar. i sent her a letter 2 months ago but had no reply yet

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#52re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:52pm

i wonder what theatre the little mermaid would perform at next year. im probably thinking maybe the Palace Theatre. Any other ideas?

Nonfreak
#53re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:53pm

Let's clear a few things up. First of all, Eden as Ariel.............................NO. Is she sweet and innocent? .no. Second....let's drop all the 30 and older people....that takes out Sherie Rene Scott, Jodi Benson and and Sarah Uriarte Berry.....granted Sarah can sing.........but Ariel is supposed to be 16!!!! Love Sherie....but when will people learn , some singers have a sweet voice and some are belters.....Sherie's a belter ....AND......she too OLD. As for Christy Carlson Romano....lets' just be clear...............she HAS NO TALENT. her voice is'nt sweet........for that matter..her voice is TERRIBLE. The only person who may be appropriate is Jessica Grove (no I'm not a friend who is promoting.I just think she has the right look and sound)..Again...........I may be a little harsh about some of these previous choices...but if we all step back and look at things realistically and not just because they're in a popular show at the moment.........or that we like them alot....you will all agree with me. That being said.................Kristin and Sutton are also NOT right for this part...they may be good at what they do....but NOT for Ariel

luvtheEmcee
#54re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:55pm

This was years ago. He literally just like... bumped into her.

Sherie's not JUST a belter.....

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#55re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:55pm

whoah, very strong language u have, ever considered a job as theatre critic?

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#56re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:58pm

i probs think Palace Theatre is a good venue for Little Mermaid. any other theatre ideas little mermaid would go to?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#57re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 6:00pm

I think Celia Keenan-Bolger would be PERFECT.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

luvtheEmcee
#58re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 6:02pm

Critics need more than big proverbial mouths and heavy fingers on the keys. Like... grammar.

mijofly19
#59re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 6:02pm

I completely agree with NO Christy Carlson Romano. I'm still pulling for Celia all the way.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#60re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 6:54pm

I think that Tari Kelly would be great in the role of Ariel.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

Jwaa
#61re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 8:30pm

Kerry or Celia!!!

X

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#62re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 8:39pm

Actually, Eden has played Ariel at Disneyland in one of their shows, or something along those lines. She pulled it off then but I dont know if she could do it now. I think Teri Kelly would be amazing, I saw her in the tour of LSOH. That is just my two cents.

John3

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#63re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 9:13pm

Well, personally, I think that JLT would be a lovely Ariel, and she's a natural redhead. She would probably be too old, though.

Celia or Kerry would be great too.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

theaterFrEaK07 Profile Photo
theaterFrEaK07
#64re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 9:55pm

when i was listening to a siruis radio interview with kerry butler i thought she said she was up for it. or did i just mishear it

Yes, I know my profile name is spelled incorrectly. That's what happens when you don't spell check and just push done. I wear it as a reminder to spell check.

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#65re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 10:13pm

I personally would love to see Celia in this. Although, I just adore the woman, so I'd love to see her in anything. re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#66re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 10:24pm

Jennifer Hope Wills!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

bdwybug55
#67re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 10:31pm

Oh muscle23ftl...you know that I completely share your love of Jennifer Hope Wills (and she has that gorgeous red hair), but I even think she is too old for Ariel...although I would have killed to see her as Clara in "Piazza". I agree with Nonfreak above...so many of these ladies are incredible performers/singers, but truly...think about the character...she is supposed to be having her 16th birthday and she is the youngest of all the sisters. I think Jessica Grove or Celia KB would make excellent Ariels.
Updated On: 3/6/06 at 10:31 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#68re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/6/06 at 10:55pm

I adore Kerry Butler to the ends of the earth. She has a great voice, and she's one of the nicest actors I've met. That being said, I think she's too old for Ariel at this point. Celia is the up-and-comer right now, and she's started to build a name for herself. She has a brilliant voice. I agree that Sherie is too old for Ariel. But a thought...what about Sherie for Ursula? I think she could kick major ass! I think her voice would fit the role perfectly. Another suggestion for Ursula that has been mentioned in the past is Emily Skinner. I do know people have mentioned her attendence history as problematic though. I agree with whomever said we really shouldn't think about anyone over 30 to play Ariel, since the character is 16. Kerry is in her late 30s. Celia is in her mid-late 20s. I think this would be a great follow-up role from Spelling Bee for Celia.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 3/6/06 at 10:55 PM

thevolleyballer
#69re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/7/06 at 12:11am

Okay, I'm all for Celia's voice -- she's an amazing singer, and a very good actress. But I don't think she has the Ariel looks. Now don't start saying "Well you don't have the looks either" or something stupid like that, I'm just saying. IN MY OPINION, she doesn't have the beauty to play a role like Ariel. I'm thinking Kerry Butler or Ashley Brown, most definitely.

bdwybug55
#70re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/7/06 at 12:19am

Oh, I don't know, I think there is something very sweet and magical about Celia..I agree that she isn't the classic "beauty" but I think there is something different about her looks that could work and she has a very youthful energy. I think Kerry Butler is too old at this point and Ashely Brown has an old look about her. Of course these are just our opinions...right? I'm sure if this actually happens, they will cast someone terrific...perhaps even someone unknown. Susan Egan was an unknown when she was cast as Belle.

thevolleyballer
#71re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/7/06 at 2:05am

True, I see your points, definitely. We need someone youthful. I just don't think Ariel is personified by this:

re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#72re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/7/06 at 6:02am

On the topic of Ursula, I think that they should cast Meg Johnson ( The original Mama Morton in the Chicago London cast). Whenever I hear her performance of When Youre Good to Mama I always say that the woman sounds exactly like her. Also she has the right age and look for the role so in my eyes that would be perfect casting.

Another option I could see is Ursula being done in drag, perhaps by Harvey. I think it suits the character well, but I doubt it would happen because it would be too close to Hairspray.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#73re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/7/06 at 7:40am

Yes Harvey or Roz Ryan! Sorry, it's late and I'm being silly.

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#74re: for the Little Mermaind musical, Ariel should be..
Posted: 3/7/06 at 7:46am

Jenn Gambatese!!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

Videos