News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards- Page 3

Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#50re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/05 at 7:41pm

bwaymargie, my grandmother actually has a couch with Sutton's dress material. She bought it in 1973. The dress itself was pretty, but the pattern could have been better.

Worst dressed:
I can't remember who he is or what he won for, but he had a floppy red bow tie that looked like it belonged on a stuffed teddy bear, not with a tuxedo on a grown man.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

bdwybelle
#51re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/05 at 7:53pm

I am a straight girl and even so, I have to say that Celia Keenan-Bolger looked very sexy. And beautiful!

AlienOnBroadway
#52re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/05 at 8:34pm

I really can't give a best dressed award to anyone that had to tug at their dress multiple times. The key in dressing well is to look good at all times from all angles. Sara's dress, though gorgeous, did not fit her properly. The fiddling with it was not charming and totally distracted from Sara's appearance.

I say best dressed were: Sandra Oh, Christina Applegate, and Keri Russell.
Worst: Anne Hathaway. (seriously, who told her to go out like that?) Leslie Uggams and Aretha. (Larger women CAN be stylish.)
And I personally hated Sutton's dress.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#53re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/05 at 8:51pm

Boys: Hugh Jackman and Matt Morrison looked great.
Girls: Victoria Clark and Kelli O'Hara looked friggin' phenomenal.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#54re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:17pm

Celia Keenan-Bolger did indeed look incredible.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#55re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:53pm

Best for me:

Christina and Idina...digging the champagne

Worst: Def. Anne Hathaway. Please someone had to to tell her before she left the house. I also didn't like Laura LInney but I suspect that's the kind of dress that looks better in person and doesn't read well in photos or on TV.

I agree Sara Ramirez. Not a good fit. I would want nothing more than to be comfortable on that night, not tugging at my dress all night and worrying about falling or someone stepping on it.

#56re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:03am

I usually don't pay attention to such things, but I was curious what it was about Ms. Hathaway's dress that could have been so terrible, so I went and looked at the pictures.

My, my, my.

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#57re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:11am

Celia looked gorgeous. Idina...well, that goes without saying. re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards Anne could have done SO much better...and honestly, I wish Megan Mullaly would have worn something with a little more pizzazz. Her dress didn't match her personality.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#58re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:28am

Best: Sandra Oh

Worst: Anne Hathaway

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

#59re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:35am

My god, Angela Bassett is so GORGEOUS!

Adoannie925 Profile Photo
Adoannie925
#60re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:24am

I thought Victoria Clark looked stunning in that dress.

I also liked Cherry Jones's dress a lot.

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#61re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:44am

I thought Eric Idle's tux kicked arse.

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#62re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:49am

Celia Keenan-Bolger looked absolutely stunning last night!

#63re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:50am

Best:
Victoria Clark
Sara Ramirez (she's hot no matter how hard she tugs)

Worst:
Aretha (honey,I love you, but keep that look on Ramsese.)
A-Hath (sorry, just wasn't working for me)

divacathe Profile Photo
divacathe
#64The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 4:54am

Best: Idina (although the hair was AWFUL!)
Celia Keenan-Bolger (She looked like a little gnome!)
Sarah Oh
Christina Applegate (the dress was beautiful, but that
woman needs a vicoden and a good nap, her skin looked
saggy and tired. She looked a little strung out!)
Laura Linney (she looked like she was wearing Grandma's
drapes, but still looked glowing and beautiful!)

Worst: Emmy Rossum (she needs to eat a sandwich, good lord!)
Sara (she is a little too much woman for the dress she
squeezed her boobies into. Also, who wants to be short
of breat when you're already gasping for air, because
your sick!?)
Chita (she looked like a lawn flamingo...)
***Actually, there were only a few people that actually
looked like they took time to even shower. So, let's just
name this, the year of Grandma's drapes, and move on!

"Love is stupid and it bleeds, it satisfies my needs, I think it's wonderful..." ~Bill Finn is God!

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#65The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 9:58am

Megan Mullally looked nice as well. Very simple, but very nice.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

bunchamuncha Profile Photo
bunchamuncha
#66The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:09am

I liked Kerri Russell's dress a lot
Emmy Rossum always looks like she's wearing the same dress, just a different color.
And I'm tired of women wearing dresses that look good, but they can't wear them (Ramirez) if you sit down and the dress comes down, so when you stand up it's a few inches lower, that means it doesn't fit.
I liked Applegate's dress up top, but the bottom half was a little to granny-ish.
Anne Hathaway looked...poor girl
I liked Joan Allen's dress, not the accessories.
Loved Federer's dress to.
It was a boring red carpet, but then again, Broadway isn't really a red carpet type of crowd.

If you really want to help the American theater, don't be an actress, dahling. Be an audience..... Don't be taken in by the guff that critics are killing the theater. Commonly they sin on the side of enthusiasm. Too often they give their blessing to trash... Tallulah Bankhead

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#67The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:13am

Can we just have a Broadway prom and elected Taye and Idina king and queen, please? They were gorgeous last night (not to imply there is ever a moment I've seen them not looking gorgeous).

Okay, that said, the rest of the best dressed goes to Sandra Oh, Christina Applegate, and Hugh Jackman.

Worst dressed:
Anne- hon, you know I love you, but when I can make over 5 comments on how an outfit could be made better. Although, I did like the trim...the trim was good...minus the bows
Sherie- I'm sorry, babe, but between working and the little one, take some time for yourself to relax please.
Eric Idle- but the man is funny as hell, so who really cares?

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

adamnyc Profile Photo
adamnyc
#68The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/8/05 at 9:00am

Sutton's dress looked horrible- WORST
Christina- BEST

"I want to tell you that Elvis would be proud." I said: "Priscilla, if I get 100 bad reviews, it won't matter because of what you said."

Lucifer
#69The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/8/05 at 9:44am

Adriane Lenox's dress freaked me out, I thought I liked it and when she won the award... yeah the front surprised me
also, people keep saying that Emmy should eat a sandwich... what about sutton? I saw a picture of her on the red carpet, turned sideways, she nearly disappeared!

~ "No, I don't want to hurt you... I only want to KILL!!!!" -Bat Boy

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#70The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/8/05 at 9:45am

Best dressed:
sutton foster
christina applegate
idina menzel
sara ramirez

Worst Dressed:
sherie rene scott
sally field (she looked like she rolled out of bed)

Lucifer
#71The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/8/05 at 10:49am

I actually thought Sally Field's dress was perfectly simple and appropiate. I mean, at a certain age you shouldn't be trying to wear a dress like Kelli O'Hara's...

~ "No, I don't want to hurt you... I only want to KILL!!!!" -Bat Boy

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#72The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/8/05 at 11:26am

Allison Janney looked great! What are you smoking! The humidity killed alot of the girls' hair though...

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#73The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/8/05 at 12:28pm

Best:
Idina Menzel
Taye Diggs
Norbert Leo Butz
Christina Applegate
Kelly O'Hara

Worst:
Sara Ramirez
Eric Idle
Anne Hathaway
Sherie Rene Scott

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

Avigdor Profile Photo
Avigdor
#74The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
Posted: 6/9/05 at 7:37am

EASILY THE WORST ARETHA FRANKLIN, SARA RAMIREZ AND THE BEST FEATURED ACTRESS IN A PLAY..CANT REMEMBER HER NAME UGGH...AND TO ROUND OUT THE UGG..LESLIE UGGAMS..NO PURPLE HONEY.

Videos