News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#50re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/13/06 at 9:13pm

I was thinking about it, and... I thought against it.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

To The Stage!
#51re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/13/06 at 9:21pm

Congrats! That's awesome! Good luck, I hope you get a part.

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#52re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/13/06 at 9:22pm

Dancingthroughlife- GO!!! There is one more EPA next Tuesday. I got there at 7:00am and had to wait outside, then wait inside for about five hours but just bring a book!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#53re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/13/06 at 9:23pm

Go, so I can sing for them (if I get seen at all!), have them laugh and send me home? I think not.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

To The Stage!
#54re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/13/06 at 9:26pm

I can't sing for my life.

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#55re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/14/06 at 12:25am

Yeah, I didn't bother going either. I figured if I couldn't get seen at smaller stuff like Westchester dinner theater and North Shore, there would be no way they would see non-Eq at Les Miz. I was sure there would be an Equity alternate list and everything. I'm really shocked any of us non-Eqs were seen. Already going to two other auditions on Tues, but maybe I'll wander down to Chelsea too!

Colle
#56re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/14/06 at 8:19am

I am happy that you got seen, sopranobiz. Good luck at your next audition.

nostrngattachd
#57re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 10:53am

What happened with your call back ??!!? it was two days ago wasnt it???

wishinguweresomehow Profile Photo
wishinguweresomehow
#58re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 11:48am

Congratulations thats REALLY exciting!!

"Not everyone can come and go by bubble"

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#59re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 7:01pm

So it seemed like there were about a hundred people behind the table for the callback. They were all very nice and I wish I could remember all of their names.
I started with "In My Life" and then moved on to "A Heart Full Of Love." I was given direction and then I sang it again. And here's the weird part- they had me sing it a third time but they changed the key. It sat in a really weird place in my voice and I wasn't used to the key. It kind of threw me but I think I sounded alright.
What surprised me about the whole thing was how relaxed it was...not nearly as scary as I had made it out to be! I don't think I'll be hearing anything but it was a great experience!

Color and Light
#60re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 7:09pm

Congratulations for getting to have that great experience, and who knows? Maybe you will hear something. Either way, that's fantastic.

Stop looking at my charisma.

spellbee
#61re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 11:41pm

sopranobiz - that sounds so great. did they tell you to prepare the cosette material and fax it to you or did you just have it ready in case? and i'm wondering about how many people did you see that were called back with you for cosette? it sounds as if they may really be looking!!! good luck!
just a thought/tip, you may want to make a habit of writing down who is behind the table at auditions for your own record. i have found it helpful to have that, and you start to recognize names and know who you are singing for. :)

bella cantato
#62re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 1:51am

That is really great. No matter what happens, the fact that you even got a callback as a NON-EQ means that you will go far. =) Best of luck! I am very very happy for you, slash terribly jealous! re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

Jyn326
#63re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 3:50am

That sounds like an amazing experience. Congratulations, again. Keep us informed!

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#64re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 4:03am

congrats and do keep us informed because obviously a lot of us would like to hear how your experience went and we do not think you were "bragging" - even if you were - then brag!

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#65re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 5:45am

CONGRATS!!!! that is sooo exciting!!

Break a Leg!! and don't listen to negative comments from people *coughcoughFindYourGrailcoughcough*

which btw FYG, for having a positive, inspirational song as your name you sure aren't those things re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Colle
#66re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 3:26pm

No matter what, at least you tried.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#67re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 4:03pm

Congratulations!!

Hope all goes well!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#68re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:56pm

Congratulations love!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

michelle4
#69re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 7:19pm

Congrats!! It sounds like you had a great callback.

FYI: I don't know who all 10 of the people were, but I would say that Ron LaRosa and Dunja Vitolic were 2 of them.

Updated On: 4/28/06 at 07:19 PM

BtMartin25
#70re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 7:39pm

any "BIG NAMES" at the callback?

bt

spellbee
#71re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:19pm

um, it's RON larosa, not john.
Updated On: 4/27/06 at 10:19 PM

thats*like*shotastic
#72re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:32pm

Congrats. I hope you get something! Even ensemble would be amazing...

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#73re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:52pm

bumping, just so if something happens for sopranobiz, peeps won't forget!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#74re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:48pm

Tara Rubin herself had to have been there too right? Does Eric Woodall cast les miz too or he is in charge of just mamma mia! and mary poppins? I hope you get it!! that is amazing congrats.

Videos