News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 30

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#725HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:39pm

After several tries on several different days and getting nothing, I ended up with Balcony A 107-109.  Each ticket was $165.  I'm deeply disturbed that a balcony seat cost that much, but I didn't want to risk not getting through on another search.  I'm reading about people getting rear/side orchestra for the same price.  The view better be comparable, or I'm going to be pretty mad.  Anyone have experience sitting in the front balcony of The Lyric?

"In here, life is beautiful"

MDM2015
#726HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:40pm

It just keeps spinning! 

And spinning.... stuck on “searching for tix.” 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#727HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

uncageg said: "quizking101 said: "I ended up getting tickets in about 10 minutes for the first double header after the Tony Awards.

Balcony F-19 for $80 (for both shows)...The service fee was ridiculous though, so my total was $102
"

I got that exact same seat in May for a double header. Yup the service feemis ridiculous.
"

I got nervous for a second because I speed-read that and, for a hot second, I thought that they sold us the same seats for the same day. Lol

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#728HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I am so sad none of my family got a code. I would pay anything to see this.

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.
Updated On: 10/18/17 at 12:40 PM

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#729HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:41pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "The only results I got were in the side rear of the mezzanine for $199, which I was 100% not going to pay. So I started over and searched for fewer tickets and now I’m stuck watching it search. I don’t even care how much I pay at this point, I just want it to be over."

Yes, it was a painful experience and I think it just wants us to give up and buy whatever it assigns for us.  I wanted to go back and search another date before buying, but was so afraid to lose whatever seats it gave me.  

carolabloom
#730HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:41pm

My son and I both received access codes for the 12 PM time slot. We were on the phone together purchasing tickets. He was able to purchase two tickets in Dress Circle using his access code while I was still selecting my seats. I then gave him my access code and he was able to buy two more Orchestra tickets using my code and at the same time, I purchased two Orchestra tickets using the same code. 

So it does not appear that access codes are connected to a specific Ticketmaster account. I'm still in shock that Orchestra Row Q on the side is considered 'Premium'. 

yoyobeans
#731HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:42pm

i got dress circle row L but that was an awful ticketing buying experience

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#732HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I was able to get 6 for a Wednesday in late May ($165 for back orchestra right) with little issue; took about 7 minutes. It looks like the Wednesday shows were the ones with the most "green" availability when I was searching if that's helpful for anyone. 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#733HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Well, that was stressful!

My biggest complaint is you couldn't search over a range of dates. Doesn't telecharge let you do that?

Because it makes you select a date, I was often stuck waiting on the Search for Tickets page for 2 minutes each time. And because I was being frugal, I ended up booking all the way in Oct.

It seems it would be ideal if one is flexible on date to search by price, with a range of dates.

thedrybandit
#734HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:43pm

Phantom of the board said: "HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster account, and of course TM number is just busy signal.

Can anyone else report the same?
"

I had 90% of that same experience. I was able to get my tickets, but I had to select a different day. I tried entering a different card as well, and no matter what I did, I kept getting that error. Sounds like I got lucky being able to buy tickets at all.

TM number was just silent for me, so at least they have a busy signal now, I guess.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#735HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:45pm

quizking101 said: "uncageg said: "quizking101 said: "I ended up getting tickets in about 10 minutes for the first double header after the Tony Awards.

Balcony F-19 for $80 (for both shows)...The service fee was ridiculous though, so my total was $102
"

I got that exact same seat in May for a double header. Yup the service feemis ridiculous.
"

I got nervous for a second because I speed-read that and, for a hot second, I thought that they sold us the same seats for the same day. Lol

me too! I was like "did I just buy a lap seat?" Lol

"

Just give the world Love.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#736HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:46pm

"HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster account, and of course TM number is just busy signal. 

Can anyone else report the same?"

This exact same thing happened to me for Wednesday, May 2. I had seats secured in my cart, but then got the error message when I went to purchase. My card has been charged the full amount (and I called my credit card company to confirm this), but I did not get a confirmation email from Ticketmaster and nothing is showing up in my ticketmaster account. I unfortunately have to assume that I didn't get them and that my card will eventually be refunded, but I will try to call Ticketmaster later to confirm (busy signal right now when I try to call customer service). Very upset with this process.

BroadwayMomma
#737HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:46pm

That was infuriating.  Wanted a preview performance and wasted about 15 minutes with it spinning.  Then it kicked it back and showed the performance as sold out so I picked a Wednesday in June and paid $212 per ticket per performance (with fees included) for orchestra row S.  BUT, now I read that the preview shows might become available later.  And I've used my code and 4 of my allotted tickets.  I'm so mad right now. 

briansb
#738HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:47pm

I've been trying for 50 minutes and have only ever gotten the error message (not even a no seats available error, some error that says "something went wrong from our end"HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018... tried three different devices, to no avail. Any help????? I'm at a lost for words. 

schubox
#739HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:48pm

What a **** show this seems to be. May just wait to see it in 2019 when I can go in and choose seats and not deal with this stupidness 

Talico
#740HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:52pm

briansb said: "I've been trying for 50 minutes and have only ever gotten the error message (not even a no seats available error, some error that says "something went wrong from our end"HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018... tried three different devices, to no avail. Any help????? I'm at a lost for words."

Are you outside US? I was having the same error but it started working when I connected to a VPN.

lerota
#741HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:53pm

Guys they FIXED THE ERROR! Go fast! Snatched a pair Saturday in March, 40 bucks for Balcony Row E.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#742HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:53pm

Is there a final ticket purchase window for the day? Like, the latest time? 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#743HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:55pm

I've officially given up. If I have to wait over a year just to pay way too much for seats I would never even consider buying under normal circumstances, I'm just going to try the 40 for 40 every week and hope for the best.

No, it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth about the show because I'd still rather deal with organized chaos vs. actual "every man for himself" chaos, but it definitely makes me frustrated that this process leaves the ticket buyer virtually powerless. Why can't I just see the available seats? I want to be able to select where I sit since their idea of "Best Available" is often far from ideal.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#744HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:56pm

The return policy is interesting! I didn't expect this:

Return Policy - If you would like to return a ticket, please contact Ticketmaster at (800) 653-8000.

All tickets purchased over 28 days prior to a performance can be returned for a refund any time up to 14 days prior to the performance time.

Refunds may not be guaranteed for tickets purchased within 28 days of a performance. However, please do contact Ticketmaster if circumstances mean you are unable to attend and they will endeavor to assist you.

All returns are at the discretion of the box office.

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#745HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:56pm

Nabbed a single $20 balcony seat! 

If you're desperate for the cheaper seats and don't mind going alone, try searching for a single ticket. I got one for July 8th! 

I also just sent my boyfriend an apology text, ol. But we really didn't want to pay $160+ each. 

Overall, terrible experience. Had to call ticketmaster and retrieve my code that they never texted me. Website took forever to load as it searched each day for a ticket. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#746HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:57pm

Was so glad to finally get through I did not notice the short "We look forward to seeing you" from Albus video after my order confirmation.

Just give the world Love.

rwlevin Profile Photo
rwlevin
#747HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:59pm

Phantom of the board said: "HELP!!

Can anyone else report the same?
"

That happened to me too. And then I called ticket master who said delete your cookies but while I got further, right when I was about to get the tickets, I got the error again. So now I'm on hold with ticketmaster again. 

Waiting for tickets to Hair August 2008

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#748HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 1:01pm

Just a thought...but they are raking in the dough with people buying tickets into the fall.  They have already built in a successful financially show even if it ends up like "Charlie" and the reviews tank it.  Paying 20-40 dollars for a bomb isn't bad but paying >199.00 really sucks.  

briansb
#749HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 1:02pm

Talico said: "briansb said: "I've been trying for 50 minutes and have only ever gotten the error message (not even a no seats available error, some error that says "something went wrong from our end"HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018... tried three different devices, to no avail. Any help????? I'm at a lost for words."

Are you outside US? I was having the same error but it started working when I connected to a VPN.

"

I'm not outside the US but I just tried connecting to a VPN to see and still just error after error after error.... When i open the console, its a mix of "Bad requests" and "Too many requests errors" on the server. I'm so mad right now I don't even know what to do. Still haven't gotten any tickets after over an hour HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018 

Videos