News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 34

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#825SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 12:18pm

TheQuibbler said: "JSquared2 said: “Please consider going back to just "lurking". Your sense of entitlement is exhausting. HNY!"

Not sure it’s entitlement so much as an acknowledgment that we used to get a better product for a cheaper price and now we get an inferior product for an inflated price.
Rush and lottery tickets used to feel special; it’s perfectly acceptable to long for those earlier days.
"

Hmm, I remember even EARLIER days when there was no such thing as a "lottery". The producers have absolutely NO obligation to offer ANY discounts. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 

It is the same "entitlement" that gets people upset because, "I waited in freezing rain for TWO HOURS and Sutton had the nerve not to come out and sign my playbill. She owes it to us!"

How can people be so ungrateful and criticize something they have no god given right to? Yes, entitlement. Grow up. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#826SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 12:27pm

I think one can appreciate the lottery and still be disappointed in their seat location.

Both things can be true. 

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#827SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 12:38pm

If you don't want to be disappointed in your seat location buy a freaking ticket. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#828SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 12:41pm

I mean let's be real...knowing the show isn't selling well and winning a lottery ticket only to find out that you are on the sides of the balcony really sucks. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#829SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 12:54pm

The show hasn't been selling well, so, realistically, there should be options if stuck with a lottery seat you don't like. Rather than suffering in silence, I'd start by asking the box office if there's anything they could do. If that didn't work, I'd go in early and start scoping out better seat locations, and, at the very least, I'd plan on moving at intermission. Even asking to do standing room for the first act, and then finding an empty orchestra seat for act two seems preferable to being annoyed in the balcony the whole show. For $40, I wouldn't mind putting in some leg work to make myself more comfortable.

Updated On: 1/2/23 at 12:54 PM

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#830SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 1:12pm

Exactly. Ask for the House Manager...more often than not they will find you a much better seat. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#831SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 1:55pm

Any news on a cast album yet?

DrMonicaDeMoneco Profile Photo
DrMonicaDeMoneco
#832SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 2:43pm

I wonder if they’ll post closing today?

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#833SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 2:53pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Any news on a cast album yet?"

Has the entire score been recorded yet?

ShowBro Profile Photo
ShowBro
#834SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 3:03pm

Lola Getz2 said: "CATSNYrevival said: "Any news on a cast album yet?"

Has the entire score been recorded yet?
"

They have not recorded yet.

JSquared2
#835SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 4:15pm

DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "I wonder if they’ll post closing today?"

You really need to give it a rest already.  They're not closing anytime soon.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#836SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 4:35pm

DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "I wonder if they’ll post closing today?"

Why would they post a closing notice on a Monday? Not sure what you have against this show but your last prediction didn't happen either.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#837SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 4:36pm

Lola Getz2 said: "TheQuibbler said: "JSquared2 said: “Please consider going back to just "lurking". Your sense of entitlement is exhausting. HNY!"

Not sure it’s entitlement so much as an acknowledgment that we used to get a better product for a cheaper price and now we get an inferior product for an inflated price.
Rush and lottery tickets used to feel special; it’s perfectly acceptable to long for those earlier days.
"

Hmm, I remember even EARLIER days when there was no such thing as a "lottery". The producers have absolutely NO obligation to offer ANY discounts. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It is the same "entitlement" that gets people upset because, "I waited in freezing rain for TWO HOURS and Sutton had the nerve not to come out and sign my playbill. She owes it to us!"

How can people be so ungrateful and criticize something they have no god given right to? Yes, entitlement. Grow up.

"

No one is saying anything remotely this dramatic. 

DrMonicaDeMoneco Profile Photo
DrMonicaDeMoneco
#838SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 10:42pm

Huss417 said: "DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "I wonder if they’ll post closing today?"

Why would they post a closing notice on a Monday? Not sure what you have against this show but your last prediction didn't happen either.
"

what last prediction? I don’t recall becoming a psychic? Maybe I did? I did think it was Tuesday today that’s why I wondered if they might post closing today? Maybe tomorrow. 

SouthernCakes
#839SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/2/23 at 11:00pm

I’m sure they will try to get to the Tonys unless they take some giant nose dive. Most producers know the winter is the worst. Granted they have been promoting the crap out of this. Maybe the gold age big tap dance style show is just of the past?

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#840SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/23 at 6:14pm

On my way to see the show for the fifth time tonight with three friends who saw the film over the holidays. Paying the most I have yet - I really shouldn’t have, as it was most of my holiday ‘bonus’ but I want things to turn around for this show so much.

I was also thinking, this is a splashy musical that could tour with very little adjustments to the physical production…do select/major cities, get Mariah to make an appearance at one of them. A girl can dream, right? I still think there’s more they could be doing with promotion but that seems to be a touchy subject lately.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

ShowBro Profile Photo
ShowBro
#841SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/23 at 6:47pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "I was also thinking, this is a splashy musicalthat could tour with very little adjustments to the physical production…do select/major cities, get Mariah to make an appearance at one of them. A girl can dream, right? I still think there’s more they could be doing with promotion but that seems to be a touchy subject lately."

If the producers can’t even get Mariah to show up to see this on Broadway, what makes you think Mimi would show up to a second tier touring production?

SouthernCakes
#842SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/23 at 7:07pm

The most I could see her doing showing up at a curtain call or covering a song for the cast album. 

Seems like we’ve got a real influx in celeb producers hoping to get those EGOTs. 

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#843SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/11/23 at 9:04am

The reviews tell me it’s funny but not particularly sexy. The two songs they’ve performed on TV seem generic. They remind me of the catchier corresponding songs in Sugar.

The LGBT press hasn’t been promoting this as a queer romance, so I’m assuming that’s a minor subplot. At this point the only thing that would get me to buy a ticket is a stellar cast album. 

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#844SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/11/23 at 10:41am

MrsSallyAdams said: "The LGBT press hasn’t been promoting this as a queer romance, so I’m assuming that’s a minor subplot. At this point the only thing that would get me to buy a ticket is a stellar cast album."

Because there really is no "queer romance". Osgood doesn't know until the end. And it is a big part of the plot in Act II.

Just give the world Love.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#845SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/11/23 at 10:47am

uncageg said: "MrsSallyAdams said: "The LGBT press hasn’t been promoting this as a queer romance, so I’m assuming that’s a minor subplot. At this point the only thing that would get me to buy a ticket is a stellar cast album."

Because there really is no "queer romance". Osgood doesn't know until the end. And it is a big part of the plot in Act II.

"

There is a queer romance - Daphne is queer and falls in love with Osgood.

KevinKlawitter
#846SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/11/23 at 12:35pm

Someone on Twitter pointed out the delightful chaos of how the J2 Spotlight Musical Theatre just announced that their lineup will include a production of Sugar, so there'll be SLIH musicals playing both on and off Broadway at the same time.

Updated On: 1/11/23 at 12:35 PM

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#847SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/12/23 at 12:22am

uncageg said: "MrsSallyAdams said: "The LGBT press hasn’t been promoting this as a queer romance, so I’m assuming that’s a minor subplot. At this point the only thing that would get me to buy a ticket is a stellar cast album."

Because there really is no "queer romance". Osgood doesn't know until the end. And it is a big part of the plot in Act II."

SPOILER ALERT:

I'm not so sure. I believe it's suggested that Osgood knew all along that Daphane was trans - it just didn't matter to him. Daphane, on the other hand, didn't know that Osgood knew. In the musical, Jerry/Daphne gets to the point of saying, “You don’t understand—” only to be interrupted by Osgood: “Daphne, my dear, I do understand. And I think you’re perfect.”

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#848SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/12/23 at 10:59am

The company will perform on Late Night with Seth Meyers January 17. 

Oh look, a bibu!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#849SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/14/23 at 10:53am

Saw a comment on Reddit this morning that they were closing off the balcony for mid-week performances this past week. 

You might get better seats rushing this week.

Videos