News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Color Purple Rush?

MinnieFay
#75Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/20/16 at 1:58pm

Does anyone know if they need to be 100% sold out in order to sell SRO?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#76Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/20/16 at 2:04pm

Saw a Facebook promotional code for tickets going till Oct. 2nd (Heather' last performance). I can't use it, but if you can - go for it. Really great $89.00 seats.

Direct link - https://www.telechargeoffers.com/OfferOverview.aspx?ProductId=10788

Code - CPTCBL912

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Mediamaven2
#77Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/20/16 at 9:36pm

UncleCharlie said: "Saw it last Wednesday for the matinee. Got to the box office at 1 p.m. and picked up one of the $59 rush loser (or whatever they're calling it) tickets. Nice side orchestra seat with a great view of everything. Truthfully, to spend an extra $24 to not have to get up at 5:00 a.m. and stand in line for 3-4 hours and to know you're getting a good orchestra seat was more than worth it.

I think that could work best for Wed matinees...I notice Wed matinees appear on TDF recently...but not so much the other performance times...

Robyn2
#78Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/21/16 at 8:12pm

If someone is planning on rushing Saturday I might have a good ticket for a cheap price.  

hes16
#79Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/21/16 at 9:03pm

Thanks Valentina!! I used the code for next Friday's performance. I'm so excited! The seats are in row G and almost all the way to the right side or the orchestra. Anyone know how these seats are?

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#80Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/21/16 at 9:07pm

Robyn2, I was planning to get a ticket for Saturday.  Let me know what you have and price if available.

Thanks

Robyn2
#81Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/21/16 at 9:12pm

sent you a message

VintageSnarker
#82Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/23/16 at 1:00am

Are there any more scheduled absences for the rest of the month? I want to catch Heather's final week.

#83Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:39am

Cynthia is out on Saturday, October 1st.

Anyone know if you can only get a pair of partial view tickets? I'm trying to get 4 tickets, and I wasn't sure if it was the same policy as rush.

Also, for those who have done TKTS - how are seats? I keep seeing TCP on the TKTS app, but I've never actually gotten tickets from there before, but again with 4 tickets I don't know if it's risky to wait until the day of to get tickets. I would rather be in orchestra though, than try and get tickets for rear mezzanine... but don't know the risk levels in waiting.

VintageSnarker
#84Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/29/16 at 1:39pm

Telecharge has "Please be advised that Cynthia Erivo will not appear in this performance." up for the next few performances. Is that just there indefinitely until she recovers her voice/from her cold?

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#85Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/29/16 at 2:15pm

*Cynthia Erivo will not perform on Thursday - September 29, Saturday matinee and evening - October 1, Sunday - November 6, all performances November 15 - November 22; Friday matinee - November 25, Wednesday matinee - November 30, Wednesday matinee - December 28, and Sunday evening - January 1.

TheaterGal3
#86Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/29/16 at 2:19pm

I rushed yesterday for the 8pm show (Wed., 9/2Color Purple Rush?. I got there a few minutes before 10am and there must've been about 40 people in front of me. Rush tickets for 8pm were sold out, but I was able to purchase two front mezz side seats for $59 each. I don't feel like I missed a thing from where I was sitting. The show was fantastic and Cynthia sounded great.

Telecharge has a list of dates for when Cynthia won't be performing. Unless they have it posted in another section on the website, this is the list of dates:
*Cynthia Erivo will not perform on Thursday - September 29, Saturday matinee and evening - October 1, Sunday - November 6, all performances November 15 - November 22; Friday matinee - November 25, Wednesday matinee - November 30, Wednesday matinee - December 28, and Sunday evening - January 1.

Updated On: 9/29/16 at 02:19 PM

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#87Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/29/16 at 2:20pm

On her twitter she says she'll be back tomorrow. So other than those Telecharge dates, everything should be back to normal in terms of her schedule. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#88Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 9/29/16 at 2:51pm

TheaterGal3 said: "Telecharge has a list of dates for when Cynthia won't be performing. Unless they have it posted in another section on the website, this is the list of dates:
"

This definitely makes it sound like she extended at least until Jan 8th, 2016.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#89Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 5:02pm

Anyone rushing Headley's last show tomorrow? Show is almost sold out, so hopefully they'll sell SRO.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wardrobe Mistress
#90Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 5:47pm

Oh wow this extended quietly. But such a short extension though? Is this likely to close on 8th Jan or is it common to extend in month instalments after a certain period. I'm coming to NY from London in the first week of April and this is top of my list.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#91Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 8:36pm

I think it's likely the show closes on Jan. 8 with Erivo, Brooks & Holliday in their roles. I just don't see the show surviving the winter with different replacements.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Felm_heart Profile Photo
Felm_heart
#92Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/2/16 at 7:28pm

The show will close on January 8th with Erivo and Holliday in their roles. Brooks will be leaving the show at the end of her contract in mid-November.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#93Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/7/16 at 8:48am

Does anyone know if the box seats are usually included in the rush seating if they haven't already been sold??

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#94Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/7/16 at 9:09am

Felm_heart said: "The show will close on January 8th with Erivo and Holliday in their roles. Brooks will be leaving the show at the end of her contract in mid-November."

Source? I have been waiting to buy Jan 8th tickets till an official announcement.

Felm_heart Profile Photo
Felm_heart
#95Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/7/16 at 10:35am

They're waiting to announce until they finalize what will happen with Sofia after Danielle's departure. They have an offer out to a "name," but I think it'll be more likely that her understudy takes over for the final month and a half. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#96Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 10/7/16 at 10:55am

That makes sense, thanks for the response Felm_heart. I wish the current telecharge offer would extend to all the dates on sale. Any word on possible discount codes?

TheAngriestInch
#97Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 11/6/16 at 12:02am

Has anyone tried rushing since the show posted its closing? Planning on going next month and trying to figure out how early I should get there.

tylerjeffrey2
#98Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 11/8/16 at 4:21pm

Also interested to see if anyone has rushed recently? Trying to debate if I could get a decent rush seat or just go with TodayTix.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#99Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 11/13/16 at 10:42am

in case anyone's interested, they're selling SRO for Danielle's final show. Must be sold-out or close to selling out.

Videos